Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

PaulaX - I can't believe you have to be on liquids for so long post-op. I know every doctor is different, but it just seems like such a long time. I give you applause and kudos for sticking with it!

Honestly, I don't know how I have done it. The past 2 years, I have not been able to stick to any kind of program for longer than one day. I guess there is a bit of fear in not following my doctor's plan and a bit of pride, I have a dear close friend who did it for 38 days!!!!!!!!!!! I am not even going to try that.

Whatever is driving me, perhaps my band, I am eternally greatful for it.

I started walking today and feel fine, despite my surgery one week ago, so I can do that daily now. I will walk more when I start taking in more calories.

dropped below 255, but I am not supossed to weigh for another week.

Hi Julysters! Well Im down another pound today :Banane27: ! Ate my first bite of chicken yesterday in the form of chicken spread. It was divine. And then last night had Taco salad with no chips, basically just the toppings - delicious. I love this band! Its so weird because I thought for sure Id be up at least 1/2 a pound because I felt like I ate as much as I wanted and not really 'diet' food. Low and behold the weight is gone FOREVER. I hope lol. Im still not that sure of myself and my new tool.

Sounds AWESOME! good for you. Yes, it is a blessing that we won't feel like we are eating 'diet' food. Just smaller portions of what everyone else is eating.

Cheers.

taco salad...yummm. is that on the mushy diet or reg. i've got to get to mushies first..just getting excited and dreaming of what i will be able to eat someday!!! :Banane27: when can i eat pizza again?!? that's what i fanatsize about..mmmm...pizza with carmelized onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and pineapple. I know i'm weird but it gets me thru!

Im on the mushies. So like my taco salad was from the local fast food taco place. The meat had been cooking all day im sure as it was VERY soft/mushy and broken up (does that make sense?). And then sour cream, black olives, tomatoe bits, cheese, sauce and a bit of shredded lettuce, some salsa. I would say this is more on the extreme side of mushies. Before I ate this as a meal I had some easier mushies like mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, etc. LOL everytime I try something new I do it with trepidation for fear of pain. So far so good, No problems whatsoever yet.

Kari,

Good for you!! That taco salad sounds yummy!!! Maybe in a few days, I'll try that. I did fine with cottage cheese and then last night had pinto Beans and cheese from taco bell. Didn't eat the whole thing and felt okay, but later in the night I had a tummy ache. So, either my body and the beans didn't agree or I ate too much. I am also going lightly into this stage.

Today was my measuring day. It's been 4 weeks since I started on pre-op. Well, I have lost 22 inches all over by body....YIPPEE!!! I measure from my neck and work down to measuring both feet, so this is total inches lost!! I'm around 15 lbs. down, as well! So ya'll make sure you MEASURE and if you haven't start now!!

Great going Mary! Ive gotta start measuring in inches! Thanks for the reminder. It must feel awesome to think of 22 inches lost and 15 pounds too. And best of all its gone for good :Banane27:! Sorry to hear about your tummy ache. If it was in your lower abdomen it might just be your bowels revving up! lol Beans can do that to ya.

taco salad...yummm. is that on the mushy diet or reg. i've got to get to mushies first..just getting excited and dreaming of what i will be able to eat someday!!! :Banane27: when can i eat pizza again?!? that's what i fanatsize about..mmmm...pizza with carmelized onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and pineapple. I know i'm weird but it gets me thru!

I was all excited about eating pizza about a month after my surgery and it totally didn't agree with me...it's the only time I've had heartburn since the surgery, so I guess that's something I won't have that often. I only ate the toppings, not the crust...it was probably the tomatoe sauce. Good luck to you when you finally get to have it :lol:

ready2bthin - congrats on 22 inches! i just took my measurements yesterday so now i'll keep track!

eric's mom - thanks for the head's up on the pizza! i'll keep dreaming!

i know about the long liquid stage, it sucks! my first follow up was supposed to be 3 weeks post but for some reason i got an xtra wk, gee thanks (she said sarcastically)

I have tried Mac & cheese. Yum!!!! I don't really like it but it sure was good after all the same stuff that I have been eating. Today my hubby took me to Breakfast and I had a pancake (SF syrup). I had a couple of bites of his eggs so I had some Protein and he ate the other half of my pancake. WOrked out great and was much cheeper.

I just bought some 100% Natural Unflavored whey Protein. I ordered it from www.vitacost.com. I think it totaled about 16.00 bucks. I was told you can put it with anything and you can't taste it. It has 18 grams of protein per scoop. I hope it works. I think I am going to try it now with some milk. I will let you know how it tastes or not tastes.:Banane27:

Don't try it with milk. Don't use a whole capfull like it says. It is too grainy. I am going to try it with another kind of drink later.

WHere are the words for our Bingo game?:Banane27:

I tried a new smoothie last night and I thought I'd share it...

My girlfriend makes this all the time. I'm not a yogurt lover at all, but I couldn't taste it in this drink, so it is a way to get some yogurt in me.

In a blender put a little over a cup of milk

add one container of plain vanilla yogurt

add a couple dollops of Peanut Butter

add 1/3 cup of dry oatmeal

add 1 scoop vanilla Protein Powder (or chocolate powder would taste good, too)

add a large mug of ice and blend until smooth

Boy, was it tasty!! She doesn't like oatmeal, but because it's really good for you it is her way of making sure she has some.

Just thought I'd share :(

I'm feeling like I'm at the 5th week stand still...but I'm trying not to get down about it. I get my first fill next Thursday and it's that time of the month, so that is never a good time to weigh yourself anyways. The first four weeks I lost over 4 lbs each week and this past week it was only 1.8 and this morning I was up a lb (which I'm blaming on the aforementioned time of the month). My official weighing days are Wednesdays. I just feel like I shouldn't be able to eat as much as I can right now, but yet it's not like I'm stuffing my face. I had one boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner with BBQ Sauce on it and I ate the whole thing and was full when I was done. I'm assuming when I have my fill next week that I'll only be able to eat 1/2 of one. I guess I'm just wanting to hear that it's going to keep coming off. You know how the doubting thoughts can creep in.

I have also been riding my recumbant bike every day for 30 minutes. I can see a difference in my face and my stomach and my clothes are hanging different on me. It's hard to not want instant results.

Sorry for the rant...just thinking through my fingers as I type...

ericsmom, I get the same way right before my 'time'. I retain Water, get bummed, weepy even lol. Just try to look on the bright side, when your periods over all that water weight is going to come off and you'll probably drop 5 pounds overnight. You're doing a great job at eating right. You're doing a great job at exercising. And just remember you aren't on a 'diet' like in the old pre-band days. This is now a life long journey and you don't have to 'hit it hard' because you're going to eventually give up, pig out, and gain the weight back plus some more. Now you have your amazing band tool to stop you and help you. Every month you are going to weigh less and less! Plus I've been reading a lot of the threads on this site and a lot of ppl say that you don't really start losing until after one or sometimes 2 fills. But you m'dear have already lost 34.8 lbs!!! You are doing better than most. Keep up the good work, and try to keep your spirits up. Its just your period getting you down.

baylormom - i bought unflavored soy Protein at GNC for $13. i add it to Soup and yogurt for xtra protein and it can get clumpy but it doesn;t bother me too much. i hate Isopure it leaves a film in my mouth. i'd rather add protein to other things.

ericsmom - keep your chin up is you can;t vent to us who can you vent to?!? you're doing great! although i can;t wait to get off liquids, i worry about hitting a plateau or gaining when i get to mushies. it's a long, GRADUAL process and we have to remember that.

karik, you have the right idea! p.s. great job on the bmi points!

Ok all I am sorry I am so late with these but I had a yard sale this weekend and have been SUPER busy. I have gotten up at 4:00 the last two days and been up late.. But we made over 800.00 so it was worth it. I am still up now because I talked my family into taking the kids so my hubby and I could have a date. (Yes, a real date) It was so fun, we went and saw taladaga nights and devil wears proda. Ohh they are both awsome movies. If you like funny movies taladaga nights will have you peeing in your pants.. (don't drink alot before going)

Then we went to outback. He wanted that for his last super.. I ate about 10 french fries, 3 bites of potatoes, and one coconut shrimp. And I was satified. I did try a bite of his steak, but ended spitting it in the napkin after chewing for seemed like an eternity.

I am down 22 as of this morning... My dh and me have had alot of moments if you ladies know what I mean. I mean we have always had a good sex life but he's has been complmenting me latly and seems to be a bit more frisky.. Is this TMI? Hope not.. LOL

OKOKOK on with bingo!!!!!!

1st two words are

"July"

"Scared"

Good luck all!!!