Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - June 2006

Telly,

You have done a great job in a short amount of time. I am a exercise queen myself. I normally workout 6 days a week usually 8 times within that week. Two times are with a personal trainer.

I truly do diet all the time, this last week has been hard because of stress and that time of the month. I have not been able to get much down. I am considering going back to the doctor and having them remove some of my fill. At this point my Iron is low and I am tired. I am just trying to wait until Auntie Flo come on by to see if I will losen up.

I tend not to lose that much when I am this tight but I haven't had a fill in almost 6 weeks:confused: I do not understand but I am trying to go with it for now. I have been able to at least get in 2 Protein Shakes a day and at least 45ozs of Water so I am just trying to weight it out. Of course with Acid Reflux this is not good, the build up is with or without food.< /p>

Anyway, it's off to class today but I wanted to say you are an encouragement to me to keep my body moving. This week without proper nutrience I have been unable to do that but hopefully next week I am back on at the gym.

Hi NanyM,

LOL. I workout like an animal. I eat pretty much everything except for sugar, floury things. I drink lots of water, watch my sodium intake. I eat Protein Bars too. I have an exercise thread somewhere around here called "Exercise Today" and you can see what all I do there. People say that I am the exception to the rule but I don't think that's true. If you workout/cardio exercise that's 65% above your resting heart rate, 5 days per week, you will surely get there as fast as I.

I'm not dieting. DIET, again is a 4 letter word.

I exercise everyday, taking 1 day off every other week. 1.5 - 3 hours per day. Alternating upper body and lower body. I bike ride through my town. I run 14 miles per week, I arc track 6 miles per week. I do the elliptical 5 miles per week that. That is roughly 25 miles per week.

No matter what else is on my agenda, I GET MY CARDIO IN! Cardio is the most important part of my day besides kisses from my kids, and chats with Tricia :)

I drink nothing but water and 2% milk with my shakes and with meals, only water. I do not drink juice, sodas or anything artificial.

I stay away from Pasta, rice, potatoes.

I run to meat, fish and poultry.

I devour spinich leaves for my salads.

I wash my exercise clothes what seems to be everyday, weird cuz I have 4 workout outfits.

I prepare all of my meals and if I go out to eat, I order fish, always fish and veggies and do not eat the breads or nachos they serve.

I have happily eaten ice cream, kettle corn :success1:

That's about it.

C 239 (-126 lbs total, -4 this week)

Yes, that is right... 90 pounds Gone for Good! Only 10 away from 100!!! Time flies when you are having fun!

Posted my scorecard results... who knows if I added them up correctly??? :) Someone better double check me!

No change here.

It is TOM, but I am getting discouraged. For the first time I am starting to feel less than optimistic. I have been okay with medium/slow loss the first 6 months (6 lbs a month) but May was almost a complete stall with maybe 2 lbs and this month has only seen a 4 lb loss.

I really need some encouragement here. Maybe due to TOM (which is horrid this month) but I am so down in the dumps right now.:think

NaturalBeauty,

You are doing a fantastic job! I'm glad you are getting an unfill or will be. I'll be thinking of you and hope things are all panned out soon. :) Thank you for the kind words too.

C 184 (-56Total, -4 lbs this week) :clap2:

No change here.

It is TOM, but I am getting discouraged. For the first time I am starting to feel less than optimistic. I have been okay with medium/slow loss the first 6 months (6 lbs a month) but May was almost a complete stall with maybe 2 lbs and this month has only seen a 4 lb loss.

I really need some encouragement here. Maybe due to TOM (which is horrid this month) but I am so down in the dumps right now.:think

Lianna,

Are you able to go on liquids for 2 days? Remember pre-ops and post-ops liquids? It will kick start your weight loss again. I went on liquids on Monday because it didn't matter what I did, workouts, etc. my weight was still the same for 9 days and for me, that's not normal. I went on shakes, eggs, chicken Soups, fat free Jello and spinich salads on Monday and maintained the same workout regimine. The weight is just peeling off again. That's -4lbs in 2 days. Think of the liquid as just a weight loss jump starter again or treat it as though you are getting a fill. I don't recommend being on liquids for more than a few days b/c we do need solid foods but if your weight loss has come to a complete hault or you are even gaining, I'm not a doctor but I think maybe liquids would work for you too. It can't kill us. (Knowing I was on complete liquids for 4 weeks post op, ugggh).

Telly, I was thinking about doing that or even going all Protein for a few days. I continue to work out 3 times a week (strength training and 3-4 miles on recumbant) and for the past 2 weeks DH and I have been taking 45 minutes walks 3 mornings on top of that. I think I need to add some more intense cardio. It is just making myself do it that is hard, I have really came a long way with the exercise.....I was NOT an exerciser before this. I guess if what I am doing is not working, I need to make a change somewhere.

310 (-62 lbs total, -10 this week)

I think if the preop diet goes well there is a good chance I will be at my surgery goal date for sure! I really want to be in twoterville at surgery time. I didn't think it was possible, but i also didn't think this kind of weight loss was possible. It almost scares me! LOL But I am sure my body is just really tired of being this size. When I start being healthy, it melts the weight off of me.

I finally reached my first mini-goal which was to weigh less than I weighed on our wedding day 4 yrs ago and today I reached that goal! I'm so pumped up! :clap2: :clap2:

Now to focus on my next mini-goal!!

No change for me this week.

I went for another fill this morning so, hopefully that will get things moving again!

C-263 (-0 this week; -15.5 total)

Would someone please call me a taxi cab - I'm stalled on the side of Weight Refuses to Budge Avenue....thanks!

---and while you're at it - would you text message P'Nut and ask her to jump in the cab with us........where has she gone???????????

Look at all those big losers out there!! LOL You guys are doing awesome. Those who have maintained, you sound like you know why, and we all have tough weeks and months. The next week and month will be big for you!! :) We are all succeeding beyond our wildest dreams!! Big numbers, big totals, big losses. No other group has this kind of energy here and I LOVE IT!! You guys are all awesome!