Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - June 2006

Hi, I'd like to join, you all seem to have a great attitude, lots of fun, plenty of support:clap2:

I was banded on 6/19, doing well so far. Just healing now.

Thanks!

Jen

I would like to join the club, but I will wait for next month's challenge.

my highest weight I think was 206

weight on date of surgery was 205

my current wt and wt on day that I joined is 189

and my goal weight is 120

I am 5"2' , 30 yrs old and all my weight is from my stomach to my knees, lol. I am pear shapped and have HUGE hips that I can't wait to be gone for good! It puts me so out of proportion that if you ask me what size I am, I couldn't tell you. I am a wife of 14 yrs and a mom of 3. 2 boys 14 and 11 and a daughter almost 8. I weighed 98 lbs when I got pg for son #1 and gained 65 lbs as the stupid nurses and MD just shook their heads instead of giving me suggestions on how to avoid excessive wt gain. I lost some of the weight then gained a ton of it back. I did good with weight gain during my last 2 pregnancies but in between is where I gained all the weight. I love food and I have poor control. I have lost 17 lbs and I have 69 more to go. I can't wait to join the next challenge.

Thanks for all of the support that I have already gotten!

Welcome Mia and Jen!!! It is a great group that provides the best support, laughs and just wonderful fun.

I lost 4 pounds :confused::woot: I lost 4 pounds :P:woot:

LOL ok but I probably would have lost more if I wouldnt have eaten those burgers and fries *sigh* I need a shrink...LMAO or an ass kickin!!!!

We are nearing the end of the challenge!! Have you all got your scorecards up to date?? I know I just had to update mine. I am going for the perfect scorecard. I think I might do it. If I can just get through the next couple of days. I have had to take splenda in my coffee a few times (I hate that stuff) just to calm the sweet cravings, but that was early on. The Soup diet some of us were doing did a lot for my numbers. And I am still losing. Weeee!

with my base metabolic rate, and my workouts and lifestyle (according to fit day) I am burning approx 4500 cals a day. With a diet ranging between 500 and 1000 cals a day intake, it is no wonder I am losing so fast! Did I mention I love fit day? hehehe. Good luck all!! This club makes it work! We are an awesome group, and I love how much weight we are losing together. I stare at our totals and group losers in awe just about everytime I am here!

Oh by the way, since the "guess funny's apron weight" challenge is now defunct I am going to donate a gift to the winner of next month's challenge. Something from Mexico. Kat is so nice to offer something up for winning this month, and I couldn't let her be the only one to be so generous! :confused: I think it is such a FAB idea. So next month is my turn. I will provide a special something from Mexico, and a little special something from Victoria's secret. I know....No size 2 thongs. LOL It is just one of my favorite scent collections from them. I can't get enough of this stuff, and DH just can't keep his hands off of me when I wear it. So of course I wear it ALL THE TIME!!

Good luck to all! Everyone has been working SO HARD this time around. I know the totals are going to be astounding!

I just found this particular thread and would like to join so that I may have a reminder about July lol

Just banded on the 20th and starting mushies I am going to do my best to finish out the month keeping as close to the goal as possble. today has just started so I will edit and add my totals at the end of the day :confused:

Gone for Good Club June Challenge

Score Card

Points earned for Rule 1

For each day that you drink a minimum of 64oz of Water, you earn 1 point.

You may earn a bonus of 5 points for a perfect week.

5-31_____6-01_____6-02_____6-03_____6-04_____6-05_____6-06_____6-07_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-08_____6-09_____6-10_____6-11_____6-12_____6-13_____6-14_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-15_____6-16_____6-17_____6-18_____6-19_____6-20_____6-21_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-22_____6-23_____6-24_____6-25_____6-26___1__6-27__1___6-28_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

Grand Total_______

Points earned for Rule 2

For each day that you exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes, you earn 2 points.

5-31_____6-01_____6-02_____6-03_____6-04_____6-05_____6-06_____6-07_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-08_____6-09_____6-10_____6-11_____6-12_____6-13_____6-14_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-15_____6-16_____6-17_____6-18_____6-19_____6-20_____6-21_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-22_____6-23_____6-24_____6-25_____6-26__2___6-27_____6-28_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

Grand Total_______

Points earned for Rule 3

For each day that you do not eat foods that contain flour or sugar, you earn 3 points. (sugar substitutes are allowed)

6-22_____6-23_____6-24_____6-25_____6-26___3__6-27___3__6-28_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

Grand Total_______

Points earned for Weight loss

For each pound that you lose during the challenge, you earn 1 point

Beginning weight 5-31:

Weigh-in weight 6-7:

Weigh-in weight 6-14:

Weigh-in weight 6-21: 314

Weigh-in weight 6-28: 311

Total lost during challenge:

Total points earned for Rule 1:

Total points earned for Rule 2:

Total points earned for Rule 3:

Total points earned for weight loss:

Total Challenge points earned:

Hi Everyone!:confused:

I'd love to join this group! I just weighed myself and much to my chagrin have gained weight since I last weighed. MAN, that is such a downer! I've started a low carb plan for the week to lose some of this Fluid and reduce my carb cravings and then I think I'll do the Soup diet that several are following, then switch back and forth as necessary to stay on track. I'd like to lose 17 lbs by my banding August 17th.

I currently weigh 267 and yes, this is my all time high. Seems like I've seen a lot of those lately! My ultimate goal weight is 150 although my surgery goal weight is 250. I'm 42 years old and am 5'8". I've been married 18 years and am an RN in a small town hospital with no children but two darling pups I call "the boys". I'm just going to a day shift position this week so I'm hoping that will help with my weight loss too. I snacked so much at night to stay awake that I should cut my calories substantially just by being on a regular day schedule again! We work 3, 12 hour shifts so on those days I can guarantee I won't be working out unless I get a pedometer. Then I can calculate my steps for the day and include those in my workout totals....?!

My reasons for wanting to be banded are few. Primarily I'm concerned about my health. Right now it's not too bad but both my parents had diabetes and all three of my brothers have it as well. I'm showing signs of insulin resistance which is a precursor to diabetes so I feel very strongly that now is the time to take action! My second reason for wanting the band is that I feel like I'm missing out on so much life. I love to swim, play tennis and be physically active but just find it too difficult or in the case of donning a swim suit, too humiliating to participate.

So, hooray for the band and hooray for this wonderful site full of information and support! I'm very eager for my band placement and look forward to the positive life changes in store for all of us!

Andy Liz

weightloss.png

WELCOME SUNNY DEE AND ANDY LIZ!!! We are so glad to have you in the group!!! You will love it!

Ok guys...we are nearing the finish line!! Are your cards up to date? Are your totals worked out? Can you do any extra Water drinking and workouts over today and tomorrow to get that last few pounds off before weigh in? Lets make this month close out with a bang!!! Make it happen!! Be like Telly and Tricia with the workouts!! Be like me with the water!! Drink it down!! Chug chug chug!! Be like Pnut with the bread and sugars!! Try for a gallon a day!! You can do it! Yay GFG club!!

Welcome to all the new comers!!!

The GFG club is off the chain, as the young people would say!:heh:

It's been very encouraging reading everyone's post despite the fact that I can't participate as I would like. It's always good to see everyone so positive even when we don't lose.

Anyway, I have class all day tomorrow so I though I better get my stats in this evening.

C=195, (-88lbs total; -3lbs this week):clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Time to go and Celebrate with a piece of cheesecake (yummy:hungry: )

How did you lose so fast? Give me some ideas on what to eat- i've slowed to a crawllllll.

nancy M

Gone for Good Club Summer Challenge

What Gone for Good Club means to me

Scorecards of accountability

64fl oz...so pretty much.....drink to infinity..

Exercise till there's nothing left of me

Sugar and Flour eaters I don't envy

Pounds of fat no longer staying

Gone for Good I'm praying

Telly's Score Card

Points earned for Rule 1

For each day that you drink a minimum of 64oz of Water, you earn 1 point.

5-31__1__6-01__1__6-02__1__6-03__1__6-04__1__6-05__1__6-06__1__6-07__1__ Bonus____Week's Total__8__

6-08_1___6-09__1__6-10__1__6-11__1__6-12__1__6-13_1___6-14__1__ Bonus____Week's Total__7__

6-15__1__6-16__1__6-17__1__6-18__1__6-19__1__6-20__1__6-21__1__ Bonus____Week's Total__7__

6-22_____6-23_____6-24_____6-25_____6-26_____6-27_____6-28_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

Grand Total_______

Points earned for Rule 2

For each day that you exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes, you earn 2 points.

5-31__2__6-01__2__6-02__2__6-03__2__6-04__2__6-05__2__6-06__2__6-07__2__ Bonus____Week's Total__16__

6-08__2__6-09__2__6-10__2__6-11__2__6-12__2__6-13__2__6-14__2__ Bonus____Week's Total__14__

6-15__2__6-16__0__6-17__2__6-18__2__6-19__2__6-20__2__6-21__2__ Bonus____Week's Total__12_

6-22_____6-23_____6-24_____6-25_____6-26_____6-27_____6-28_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

Grand Total_______

Points earned for Rule 3

For each day that you do not eat foods that contain flour or sugar, you earn 3 points. (sugar substitutes are allowed)

5-31_3__6-01__3__6-02__3__6-03__3__6-04__3__6-05__3__6-06__3__6-07__3__ Bonus____Week's Total__24__

6-08__3__6-09__3__6-10__3__6-11__3__6-12__3__6-13__3__6-14__3__ Bonus____Week's Total__21__

6-15__3__6-16__3__6-17__3__6-18__3__6-19__3__6-20__3__6-21__3__ Bonus____Week's Total__21__

Grand Total_______

Points earned for Weight loss

For each pound that you lose during the challenge, you earn 1 point

Beginning weight 5-31: 194lbs

Weigh-in weight 6-7: 191lbs

Weigh-in weight 6-14: 188lbs

Weigh-in weight 6-21: 188lbs:biggrin1:

Weigh-in weight 6-28:

Total lost during challenge:

Total points earned for Rule 1:

Total points earned for Rule 2:

Total points earned for Rule 3:

Total points earned for weight loss:

Total Challenge points earned:

Here's my Current photo. I will post an updated one at the end of the challenge. My pictures are grainy because they are cam pictures. I won't let hubby take my pictures with the digital camera b/c I'm shy when it comes to him, (don't ask b/c I have no idea why) ... but once I get 40 more pounds down then i'll let him take nice crisp pictures with my expensive camera :)

053006.jpg

Hi NanyM,

LOL. I workout like an animal. I eat pretty much everything except for sugar, floury things. I drink lots of Water, watch my sodium intake. I eat Protein Bars too. I have an exercise thread somewhere around here called "Exercise Today" and you can see what all I do there. People say that I am the exception to the rule but I don't think that's true. If you workout/cardio exercise that's 65% above your resting heart rate, 5 days per week, you will surely get there as fast as I.

I'm not dieting. DIET, again is a 4 letter word.

I exercise everyday, taking 1 day off every other week. 1.5 - 3 hours per day. Alternating upper body and lower body. I bike ride through my town. I run 14 miles per week, I arc track 6 miles per week. I do the elliptical 5 miles per week that. That is roughly 25 miles per week.

No matter what else is on my agenda, I GET MY CARDIO IN! Cardio is the most important part of my day besides kisses from my kids, and chats with Tricia :)

I drink nothing but water and 2% milk with my shakes and with meals, only water. I do not drink juice, sodas or anything artificial.

I stay away from Pasta, rice, potatoes.

I run to meat, fish and poultry.

I devour spinich leaves for my salads.

I wash my exercise clothes what seems to be everyday, weird cuz I have 4 workout outfits.

I prepare all of my meals and if I go out to eat, I order fish, always fish and veggies and do not eat the breads or nachos they serve.

I have happily eaten ice cream, kettle corn :success1:

That's about it.