Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - June 2006

Hey Susan,

Welcome back! I got my first fill last Friday - 1 cc. I can still eat about 1.5 - 2 cups of food at a time but I stay full much longer. The only other difference I notice is that I hiccup a lot. Anderson dsesn't put his patients on liquids after fills.

It seems like forever since I've talked t you. I was in California the week before you went down South. Are you and Dawg going to "soup nite?" Lori and I will be there.

Here's my update for the week: C - 277 (-5 this week, -38 total) :)

Checking in... C 321 (yucky)

Man, I am really NOT losing. I had my first fill yesterday (1cc) and don't feel any differently than I did before my fill. No discomfort, nothing I was hoping for. Like in an earlier post....restrictions and orgasms....they elude me. :help:

I started at a gym yesterday (Thanks, Telly for the encouragement) I was very uncomfortable there, though. I have 3 other gyms I want to try out before I spend money with any of them. The uncomfortablness came from being probably the only fat chick in the joint. I could feel the girls on the bike behind me wondering the same thing I wonder about the 800 pound person, "How'd they let that happen to themselves???" (I know I've got no room to talk!!!)

We did legs yesterday, and I'm sure the trainer guy thing is thinking that I'm never coming back, and I might be thinking he's right. Ugh! Funny, I'm glad you're out of the depression pit, because I'm about to climb in, and I wouldn't want to squish you! :cry

wow...I type forever. See you later.

HEATHER!!! WOOHOO!!! Way to be obese! LOL That is awesome girl!

Everyone is doing great!! Even with gains, or maintaining, we all have the BEST outlook on all of this. We are all doing awesome!!!!

Heyas Linda! Long time no see girliefriend! *hugs*

Dawg and I will be there tomorrow night. Is your man going too? I'm really looking forward to seeing ya!

I can't believe that Cahn and Anderson work so closely together and yet have such different ideas about post op and post fill diets. Anyway, I did hiccup thing too. You could be eating too fast and swallowing air. Try slowing down a bit.

Great job on your weight loss! When do we get to walk together again??

Trip2bme, you make me laugh so much! I'm proud of you for going to the gym. To slightly rephrase a quote.. It takes guts to shrink our butts! I admire you for going. Good plan on shopping around. It's important to find a place you are comfortable with that has a trainer you trust. Be patient with your fill. The first one I got blew my mind. I didn't feel any different and by the second day I swear I was ready to eat the house. I know I was able to eat more than prior to the fill, but after a few days things began to settle down and I was very comfortable with the restriction I had. You don't want to feel uncomfortable, you don't want to feel pain, you don't want to FEEL that restriction. What you do want is to be able to eat a reasonable amount of food, about a cup, and to not be hungry between meals - about every four hours. If you experience that, you have good restriction. Pain, struggles, PBs, golfballs, etc are all signs of something that's not working properly, which would either be you or your band. If you are eating slowly, chewing well, not drinking with meals and making good food choices, AND you are losing between 1-2 pounds a week, you have good restriction.

Now, as for the orgasms... oh no wait.. that should be a thread of its own! *laughs*

Hi to all GFG peeps,

It took me 6 weeks to get the weight to start coming off, and to start really working on my weight loss, but now that it is going I was hoping that you would let me join your group.

I promise to be a loyal & faithfull servent to the GFG gods & godesses.

Kathi - welcome to the GFG Club!

Emilee!! - Congratulations!! I'm so, so, so, so happy for you. I can't wait for you to Celebrate onederland. You're so close.

c 271 (-33) total (-0) this week

I'm struggling, hungry, Hungry, HUNGRY!!

1st fill July 6 - can't wait

:welcomeB: to the Gone for Good Club, Kathi!

Have a look at the Members Page on page 1 of this thread. You'll see the way we post our stats and you'll also notice that today is weigh in day and the members are reporting in the format I need to make my job easier. If you'll just post a small bit about yourself and any stats you would like to appear by your name, I'll get them on there for you when I do the updates for this week. Again, welcome to the Club! Happy to have you join us!

Mystjin - I know how hard it is to not be hungry during this time, and it's ok to eat more than you will after a fill. Just be careful to eat lots of Protein. It will help fill you up and keep you full longer, and you will still lose weight. When you're hungry, rather than reaching for some kind of carb, such as veggies or fruit or (heaven forbid) breads or pastas, reach for a piece of juicy chicken, red meat or fish. Cottage cheese is also a great source of protein and is a great snack when served with low sugar canned fruits. Hang in there girl. You can do great things pre-filled if you if you play your cards wisely!

Emilee - Sweetie, I am so happy for you! You're going to be a beautiful bride in January! Grats on your accomplishments so far... I know you are going to amaze us all before January arrives.

Everyone - It's so good to see so many of you checking in this week! I'll be updating the stats either late tonight or first thing in the morning so everyone has a chance to report their weigh-in numbers.

I just wanted to stop and give special recognition to our Spring Challenge winner, Mychevygirl - DeAnn. She has lost 90 pounds, most of which was done pre-band during stressful times of her father being in and out of the hospital, nearly losing him several times. I know I've mentioned this before, but I haven't stopped being amazed by this woman's determination and faith. Luckily for me, we are becoming good friends and live close enough to spend time together. We are planning a shopping weekend in Seattle this October. Anyway, I just wanted to hold her up for the group to see a real example of strength and beauty. If you don't know DeAnn yet, do yourself a favor and get to know her. She has a heart of gold. Love ya, DeAnn. :) *hugs*

Hi this is Granlady

I'm checking in and weighning in I am now 299.2

Had my third fill on June 20 still not sure if it will work but I am going to give it a good effort. I read about the diet I guess I am the only one who likes cabbage Soup but I like cabbage anything. I am going to try the Sacred Heart Medical Diet as soon as I can have solids.

weight.png

C- 299.2 (-3.8 this week / total 8.8)

Highest 350

surgery 294

Joined 308

Goal 185

Current 299.2

Granlady