Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - June 2006

Keep on kicking butt Funny I just want to see pictures! that's the one thing I do for myself all the time - lots and lots of pictures. That way, I also have a reminder of how far I've come.

By the way, I changed my goal weight today. I was originally going for 170, which would have been normal-BMI if I was 5'9. Turns out I'm 5'8. Then I decided "Oh who cares? I can set my goal to lose 150 lbs. Then I can always chose to lose more if I want" I'm the type of person who sees goals as guidelines and doesn't get discouraged as long as i see progress. For example, I wanted to be at 250 by 7/15. That is not going to happen, so my amended goal is to be at 258 by 7/14 (10 more lbs). That is achievable, but again, if I am at 260, I'll be okay with it.

I also am L-O-V-I-N-G swimming. The past two nights I have swum for an hour.... love, love love it.

Lins, btw, CONGRATS on the -3 lbs. this week! Kick butt!

swimming is an awesome workout!! I used to be on the swim team when I was in highschool. that paired with the crew team had me lean and strong. I was loving it. Early mornings in the shell on the lake, afternoons swimming for 2.5 hours. Can you tell i like Water? :)

I know that Gone for Good Club for June ended yesterday, but I lost 3 lbs as of this morning, so I want to claim it :) :Banane56: :) -- and the July GGC isn't up.

I am here! Sorry for the absence, life has been busy. Thank you for all of the PMs asking about Dawg and me. We are both doing well - happy and healthy... just busy! :grouphug:

I've updated my scorecard now. Have you? The contest DID indeed end yesterday. I will be busy this morning updating everyone's weigh-in's. I will give everyone until tonight to get their scorecards completed, and the winner will be announced shortly after. I've seen some VERY IMPRESSIVE totals so far! Great job everyone! Can't wait to see all of your after pics!

There will be no July challenge. I need a break and so do many of you. We will still be here on a daily basis for support and of course for weigh-ins on Wednesdays.

Has everyone weighed in? Any last minute reports? There's still time! Here's mine for yesterday:

C 223.5 (-83.5 lbs total, -2 this week)

I will still be weighing in on a regular basis. On wednesdays like usual. And i will save my momento from mexico for the next Gone For Good Challenge. I will start a July GFG thread for us to support each other in, and chat, and check in for on wednesdays, and handle the totals. Even if the challenge is not there. We will all take a break and try again in August. If Pnut is still not having the time by august, I will take it up as well. Work will be slow and I will be able to focus on it. I want to offer a special thanks to pnut for all the hard work and dedication that she has put in thus far to providing the Gone For Good club a great place to converse, and a really great challenge to lose weight with. You have been great! And there aren't enough thanks for the hours you have spent working on this.

This is going to be a long post... I haven't been keeping up with y'all so I'm going to catch up now. Here we go...

LegallyKristin - I absolutely LOVE the wedding gown you have chosen. It is so beautiful and you will be such a lovely bride. *hugs*

Txblue_eyedqt - Hello Cynthia! I've missed ya girl. How'd the move go? Did you get your fill? Has it helped? Update me!

FUPAs - *snort* *laugh* *choke* *laugh*

PosterChild - Hello there! :wave: Good to see ya again. You and I are so close to Onderland now! Wanna race? *grins*

Meow =^..^= - You are doing so well! I love your picture in your siggy! :grouphug:

FunnyDuddies - I'm so excited about you, sis! You've done an incredible job with your weight loss pre-band. 10 more pounds! I think it's a great idea to give the winner of the next challenge the gift from Mexico, since you wont be having the apron removal contest thingy. *hugs*

NaturalBeauty - 88 pounds now! Woot! Go girl go! And put down the cheesecake! *smacks your hand* hehe

TellyMelly - Girl, your commitment to your better health and successful weight loss blows my mind. I wish I could get the gumption to achieve 1/4 of the things you do. Very admirable and quite the inspiration! I love your new avatar. You are so beautiful. You should be a model. I'm serious.

Lianna - I'm sorry youre down in the dumps, hun. I have a question for ya. How are your clothes fitting? Things getting loser even tho you aren't losing pounds on the scale? I'd guess that answer would be yes. Know why? Because you're working out regularly now, which means you'll be burning off fat but putting on muscle. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, but takes up a lot less room. I wouldn't worry about a stall right now. Keep your eye on your body, not the scale. I'm betting you'll see some remarkable improvements, which will be much more rewarding than the numbers on the scale. *hugs*

A1ikou - SIX pounds this week! Yahoo! :clap2:

WiggyGiggy - Grats on reaching your goal! I'm really happy for ya! Are you joining us in the GFG Club? Hope so! :)

LindaV - How's the fill doing? I got youre PM and will call ya soon. The mall sounds like a perfect idea for some early morning walks! *hugs* Miss you too. :)

MoOrLess - Have I ever mentioned how much I love ya? Well I do! *hugs you tight* I'll call that cab for us now! *grins* "Weight Refuses to Budge Avenue" *laughs* How funny!

Morsaille - FOUR pounds! That's awesome! Aren't you excited!!?? *laughs* I dont think I've ever seen anyone post a four pound loss in such a low key. Shout it out girl! :clap2:

Pfunkem - You too! Four pounds is fabulous!! I love all your pics! Your success so far has been remarkable! Seriously... in four weeks you've developed a waistline!! Amazing!! Great work!

Tricia K - Hello you. *big smiles* I've been peeking at your pics and geesh you are looking SO GOOD! Love the eyes in the avatar. Who are you peering at, hmm?? *snickers*

DianeChef - I have an addictive personality too. And since I was addicted to seeing your cheerful and exciting posts, I've been going through Diane withdrawals!! I do understand tho. It's so easy to be here far too much. Life has forced the change in me, it hasn't been my own doing. I miss hearing from you tho. Drop me a line when you can and let me know how things are going for you ok? *Hugs*

MollyMolly - I was SO thrilled to get your PM and to hear that youre still going strong. Yay for you!! :clap2:

EmileeKaye - NO blaming things on me!! *laughs* Ya goober!

Jorjet - You, me, and PosterChild are all at about the same weight now. Wanna join the race to Onderland with us? *grins*

TessL - Hiya Tess! You hang in there hun. It might take some time to get good restriction in that VG band, but I'm sure you'll be back on track soon. *hugs ya tight*

Mystjin - Wow, two jobs. You must be tired. How are you doing with food choices? Are you able to get your Proteins in? Are you packing your lunches and dinners? I wonder if maybe you're going so slowly because you're eating foods that are quick and easy, rather than the foods that will help the weight loss.. could I be right? I'd be happy to help ya figure out some better options if you need some suggestions. *hugs* Youre not gaining and thats a good thing!

Lins12 - I think most everyone is planning on sticking around for the usual club participation. Perhaps we are all just burned out on the challenge thing. I know that I'd be lost without all these wonderful people in the club. So I'm with you! You all have to stay plugged in here so we all don't start feeling alone and floundering.

JoyceGA - You go right ahead and put that 3 pounds on your scorecard. *winks* Good job!

HeatherGurl - Did you know that you have the most beautiful smile I've ever seen? I love seeing your pictures. You smile from your heart. You are such a happy, loving person. 90 pounds since banding. Incredible! :clap2:

Everyone - I know there are many of you whom I've not addressed in this post, but that I care very deeply about. I just responded to those who have posted. But please know that I think about each of you every day and send up little prayers for you and for your families. So many different family situations, life challenges, life celebrations, struggles and victories are represented here in this club by so many wonderful people. I am proud to know you all and to be part of your journeys. For those of you who are new, it might take me some time but I hope to get a chance to know each of you too!

Love you guys and gals! P'Nut

:welcomeB: to the Gone for Good Club,

:clap2: Time4change, MiaHalliwell, SunnyDee, Andy Liz :clap2:

I will get you all added to the Members Page when I do the updates from this week's weigh in. Glad to have you all with us. Be sure to speak up when you need help and feel free to actively encourage others. That's what it's all about! :grouphug:

P'nut - How do you do it?! As I sat & read through your cute little messages to everyone I was just amazed at how sincere & personal you are in each one. You are such a good friend & know how to make people feel so good!! I know that when you put your *hugs* at the end of your note, you truly mean it. We are are so very thankful for you & the example you have been. AND....especially for making this GFG club such a good place to visit.

WE ALL LOVE YOU!!! :grouphug: :):):P

P'Nut, thanks for the mention! I am tired...all the time!!! I have been taking a lunch or dinner most of the time, and no, I do not always make smart choices. For about 1 1/2 weeks, I did terribly. Not sure why, just ate everything in sight. I have tried to bump up my protien and maybe that has made the difference. If I buy lunch or dinner out I try to get a salad with chicken and low fat dressing. By night I can eat the whole thing, for lunch I can't. I get my first fill on July 6 and I'm hoping that will make a difference also. I'm having baked fish tonight at home. That doesn't happen often.

I absolutely LOVE the Gone for Good Club. PNut, your posts are always filled with humor and encouragement. Everyone's pictures really got me going in June. I want to have a picture like THAT!!

I rush to the scale first thing every morning, then to LapBandTalk to find the cyber embrace that gets me through the day.

Have a great July!!! See you Wednesdays.

Thanx P'nut you are the MAN!!!! LOL I understand about taking a break... count me in for the next challenge whenever it will be..

You woman are amazing....

Telly, Funny ya rock, OMG Pfunk your shrinking!!!! LOL

Ack... gotta go to school bbl

Curent 315 The scale moved!!! I thought it was broken...but it was me.

I have to go through and read what's going on. My house is going through some remodeling, and I am going crazy. I will sit and catch up with everyone this weekend. YOU are my weekend plans! :grouphug:

Happy Wednesday!