Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010 Sleevers!

All in all it's good...just doesn't feel as magical as before...it's much more like

work...it took a long time to gain it and it's gonna take some time to lose it..

Seaview

I like the way you phrased that! It DID feel magical at first. Now I'm realizing that the pounds are not going to continue to melt away like they did that first month. Good food choices and exercise are the tools that I have to add to the sleeve.

I find that I have to plan for what I am going to eat if I want to make good choices. If I wait until I'm "hungry" (though hungry feels differently now), I'm more likely to grab something that has more calories than substance. Chili cheese fritos is a good example (I LOVE those). :)

What a journey we are on!

OMG..Breezy you feel the hunger/emptiness too? Thank you for posting that-I was thinking my surgery wasn't normal, I feel the emptiness and know I need to eat. Are you doing 3 meals with a snak or no snak? I guess my metabolism is so screwed up with dieting all my life that it's just gonna take time. My hubby still eats his southern home cooking, is not interested in dieting and I don't want to eat his way but the loss isSLOW...guess I need to lose slowly,healthy but it seems to be stuck BUT I can take my caprei's off without unziping.lol

OMG..Breezy you feel the hunger/emptiness too? Thank you for posting that-I was thinking my surgery wasn't normal, I feel the emptiness and know I need to eat. Are you doing 3 meals with a snak or no snak? I guess my metabolism is so screwed up with dieting all my life that it's just gonna take time. My hubby still eats his southern home cooking, is not interested in dieting and I don't want to eat his way but the loss isSLOW...guess I need to lose slowly,healthy but it seems to be stuck BUT I can take my caprei's off without unziping.lol

I haven't had a real hunger pang since the surgery. Just a empty, hollow feeling when I get hungry.

I'm basically eating 3 meals with a snack, and drinking all the fluids I can. I'm trying to stay away from empty calories (like sweet drinks, chips). Just this last week I started exercising with a girlfriend.

I've never been to the south. What is southern home cooking?

Think Paula Deen cooking, a stick of butter and alot of fried.lol I am using fitness pal to track mine but havent been doing the snack, I think I'll add it in and see if it'll break my stall. I Walk everyday and play with the grandgirls soo steady on I go.Thanks for replying I didnt know anyone else had the empty feeling..but glad I'm normal.lol:001_rolleyes:

OMG>>> I AM NORMAL.... :thumbup:I was going crazy last week and so on... I thought that I had damaged my sleeve because it has allowed me to eat foods that were not healthy... and alot of it. (slider) I took my kids on vacation to Orlando 's Water park , Aquatica. We had a ball all weekend BUT.. I did not eat well. I had 1 slice of pizza . plenty of the baked cheetos , chili cheese chips and a couple of vodka and light cranberry juice. also had fried chicken breast, without skin or breading. (came from publix) Potatoe salad from publix. Not alot but I had them and feel guilty. I still moved around not really exercising but I stayed active all weekend. We had a really nice resort that we stayed in so we were swimming at the resort as well. I got on the scale while I was there and it said 255lbs, now last week it said 251lbs:confused1:. I don't really know how that happen....LOL:lol0: but it really made me mad:mad0:.. It doesnt really stop me from eating if I chew really good. I can get more food in. Thats dangerous! I pray that I done the right thing by getting the sleeve. I hate to have done all this for nothing, I have lost 35-40 lbs depending on the scale:thumbup:. I had my sleeve since april 14th. I want to loose this heavy azz fat. Please give me advice somebody. My cal. were 1352 yesterday and my Protein was 75g. carbs were very low. and fats were too. I realize that I cannot eat any carbs... They don't like me:sad0:. so I'm going to only eat protien and cooked veggies, I just walked this morning for 1 hour and I jogged some and did my arm exercise as well. I will not give up, I have 90 more lbs to loose and I will:001_tt2:.

Think Paula Deen cooking, a stick of butter and alot of fried.lol I am using fitness pal to track mine but havent been doing the snack, I think I'll add it in and see if it'll break my stall. I Walk everyday and play with the grandgirls soo steady on I go.Thanks for replying I didnt know anyone else had the empty feeling..but glad I'm normal.lol:001_rolleyes:

I thought it might have to do with fried foods but I wasn't sure! :smile:

Grandgirls are a great excuse to get exercise, aren't they!

OMG>>> I AM NORMAL.... :thumbup:I was going crazy last week and so on... I thought that I had damaged my sleeve because it has allowed me to eat foods that were not healthy... and alot of it. (slider) I took my kids on vacation to Orlando 's Water park , Aquatica. We had a ball all weekend BUT.. I did not eat well. I had 1 slice of pizza . plenty of the baked cheetos , chili cheese chips and a couple of vodka and light cranberry juice. also had fried chicken breast, without skin or breading. (came from publix) Potatoe salad from publix. Not alot but I had them and feel guilty. I still moved around not really exercising but I stayed active all weekend. We had a really nice resort that we stayed in so we were swimming at the resort as well. I got on the scale while I was there and it said 255lbs, now last week it said 251lbs:confused1:. I don't really know how that happen....LOL:lol0: but it really made me mad:mad0:.. It doesnt really stop me from eating if I chew really good. I can get more food in. Thats dangerous! I pray that I done the right thing by getting the sleeve. I hate to have done all this for nothing, I have lost 35-40 lbs depending on the scale:thumbup:. I had my sleeve since april 14th. I want to loose this heavy azz fat. Please give me advice somebody. My cal. were 1352 yesterday and my Protein was 75g. carbs were very low. and fats were too. I realize that I cannot eat any carbs... They don't like me:sad0:. so I'm going to only eat protien and cooked veggies, I just walked this morning for 1 hour and I jogged some and did my arm exercise as well. I will not give up, I have 90 more lbs to loose and I will:001_tt2:.

I understand about having a special day and making the wrong food choices. I had my sleeve done on April 13th, so I am pretty close to you. I'm through the recovery period and now am faced with the same issues I had before. What I eat. Thank goodness the sleeve prevents me from consuming 5000 calories at a time, but it still will let me put bad things in my mouth!:smile:

As many people have posted, it's just a tool. The rest is up to me.

You are doing great by tracking your calories, Protein & carbs. I should do that more closely. And I've started exercising like you, too. I've been trying to get my heart rate up with some aerobics.

It sounds to me that you know what you need to do. Now the work begins for both of us. We just need to do it!

Just stopping by for a quick update. I am now in the 260's and couldn't be more thrilled! I don't see the difference when I look in the mirror but some clothes is hanging off already.

Good for you! I've found that my clothes getting too big is a mixed blessing! It's great because it means I'm losing and getting nearer my goal, but I also found it is kind of sad. Some of the things I am packing away were pretty and I'll miss them! I'm dressing myself from Goodwill and Ross until I get to my weight loss goal. My wardrobe is getting pretty narrow!

I love Ross... thats how i reward myself when i get my work out in . i only buy clearance and no clothes just shoes or purses. I got some really neat and cute purses on sunday. thanks for the reply. I been back on the 800-1000 cal diet and i exercise harder since the vacation. twice a day. walk and exercise with it . i did weight training today as well , i 've decided to only weigh myself once a week. i 'm look more muscular but i'm still big in MY mirror...lol i still see a big woman. I was 289 at surgery now i'm 255lbs.... Whew... but anyway I got to do this , No ,,,if and or buts!!!!

Hi Everyone...

How u ol doing?? Good to hear from some that u r doing good.... I am 2 months out and till now By the Grace of God, I am not hungry at all... Infact, the thought of food is making me sick...I feel nauseated by the mere thought of food... :blushing:

I am weak too.. I get tired very easily...May be becos its melting hot here :svengo:.. temperatures reach abt 48oC here during the day...Till now, i am also not successful in getting my required fluids and Protein in..Thou I'm trying my level best....Started going to gym too..Started to lift weights...I must say,its not at all easy...But, i'm determined, this time, theres no looking back...I will make it to goal.. God alone knows how many times I have stalled, but I didn't lose my hope....Thanks to this forum and its wonderful people, that I've not gone insane thinking abt the stall...:lol0:

As of today I have lost 23kgs (50.6lbs) from highest weight and 18kgs (39.6lbs) from my surgery weight..I'm very happy with my loss.. My dresses r getting bigger and i started wearing clothes bought 5-6 yrs back....I am ssooooooooo happyyyyyy:w00t:.......

Would love to hear from u all...........I will keep u all updated with my progress...I promise....

I love Ross... thats how i reward myself when i get my work out in . i only buy clearance and no clothes just shoes or purses. I got some really neat and cute purses on sunday. thanks for the reply. I been back on the 800-1000 cal diet and i exercise harder since the vacation. twice a day. walk and exercise with it . i did weight training today as well , i 've decided to only weigh myself once a week. i 'm look more muscular but i'm still big in MY mirror...lol i still see a big woman. I was 289 at surgery now i'm 255lbs.... Whew... but anyway I got to do this , No ,,,if and or buts!!!!

You don't buy clothes at Ross, Kymmi? I'm really hoping to be able to get some shirts there for summer.

It sounds like you are right on track with the amount of calories and adding exercise. I know what you mean about "no if and or buts!" Something about spending $8000+ for the surgery has made me feel like there is no option but to use the tool I paid for wisely! That doesn't mean that I don't make poor choices sometimes, but I always get up the next morning planning better things to eat!

Hi Everyone...

How u ol doing?? Good to hear from some that u r doing good.... I am 2 months out and till now By the Grace of God, I am not hungry at all... Infact, the thought of food is making me sick...I feel nauseated by the mere thought of food... :drool5:

I am weak too.. I get tired very easily...May be becos its melting hot here :svengo:.. temperatures reach abt 48oC here during the day...Till now, i am also not successful in getting my required fluids and Protein in..Thou I'm trying my level best....Started going to gym too..Started to lift weights...I must say,its not at all easy...But, i'm determined, this time, theres no looking back...I will make it to goal.. God alone knows how many times I have stalled, but I didn't lose my hope....Thanks to this forum and its wonderful people, that I've not gone insane thinking abt the stall...:thumbup:

As of today I have lost 23kgs (50.6lbs) from highest weight and 18kgs (39.6lbs) from my surgery weight..I'm very happy with my loss.. My dresses r getting bigger and i started wearing clothes bought 5-6 yrs back....I am ssooooooooo happyyyyyy:w00t:.......

Would love to hear from u all...........I will keep u all updated with my progress...I promise....

I've recently noticed I can take a couple swallows of Water in a row now, rather than just one sip. That's nice because I've had trouble getting enough Water, too. Are you keeping up on your Protein?

Congratulations on the weight loss. Wearing smaller clothes is sweeeeeeet!

They have really nice clothes but I decided that i don't want to buy clothes untl I am close to my goal.. Remember I have plenty of sizes of clothing with the weight gain over the past 4 years, I put on weight because of a pregnancy. Shes now 4... i had gained 75 lbs and after the c-section it kept going up . I could not loose the lbs. All sorts of diets and restrictions . Still No weight loss. It was depressing and UNJUST!!! Lol seriously , I had to have surgery to live and I am very happy with my sleeve. Everyday I learn something new about my body . I always saved certain outfits, Saying " I'lll get back in that when I loose weight" , Well that is now a reality and I love it. I don't need to buy any clothes now because i have that size... lol..

Hi Breezy...

Protein is my problem area!!! I just can't can't drink those Protein shakes...They r soooo yuck...I have the Lean Body Protein drinks.. It takes me close to 2 hrs just to have an 8oz of that drink...and getting 60-70gms of Protein from ood is really tough and I am not able to tolerate food..Give me anything in Fluid form, i will gulp it down...But not solid food...it makes me feel sick...In a way, I think that this is blessing in disguise...But, the problem starts when I start to feel weak..Y'day too, I became soooo weak after the outing that all i wanted to do is just reach home and lay down..Hope, this gets better as time goes...As of now, other than this, I'm enjoying this phase of my life....