Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello,

i had my surgery in april 6, still abt a week & a half...

but i'm really having a dificult time, actually more difficult than i ever thought...the surgery pain is minimal thank God, but i'm really nauseated & i almost vomit every day...despite the fact that i'm taking motiluim for nausea still not quiet effective,,,,i almost cry every day, i'm always cold, no energy & dizzy...especially in the morning, Water is really difficult to keep in & it caused me sever cramps...some time i have sever nausea & really want to vomit but nothing is there so i try to induce it afterwards i feel really reliefed, i'm watching the quantity & quality of my food....

oh ya & hiccups bother me alot...

how long this is suposed to last? i'm really depressed but i don't wanna regret having it...help plz

lou

first month is the most difficult. you are on fluids only. it is expected to feel a bit dizzy that early out. you will feel better very soon and u will feel healthy and more energetic than you have ever been. I promise you will never regret doing this operation. instead u will thank God each day for giving you the chance to do it. stay strong

It will get better........ I PROMISE!!!

But... I was one of the unfortunate ones that had nausea, slimming and vomiting for about 4 months. Not to discourage you, just to warn you... and it does end and does get better.

Just sip, sip sip.. get plenty of Water in so you don't dehydrate. Try differnt Protein drinks to get your Protein in. I found that ensure chicken broth was "soothing" to me...and I liked the taste. I still use it!

I can remember being sooooooo tired and weak I could barely hold the hair dryer to do myhair! It didn;t last tooo long, but was hard.

You WILL get past this... and when you see the sizes drop... will be sooooo pleasantly surprised!!!

Take care and if you have any questions... feel free to message me!

G'luck to you!!

Awww I'm so sorry this is happening to you. . . I completely understand though, like they said the first month is not fun. . .I really hated my sleeve and wished I had never done it (I still have days like that now but not too much, I'm almost 4 months out). . . try different things. . like gatoraid, poweraid, crystal lite, and don't drink cold from the fridge Water, that definately cramps a tummy. . .hot tea is good, just make it Decaf. . . hot broth is good too. . . try those but just a couple of sips at a time resting at least 2 minutes inbetween sips. . . it does get better but remember it's a learning process. . . for me I was eating and gulping like a barbarian for 47 years then suddenly my tummy was snatched away and now i have to relearn to sip and chew like a lady. . . (pinky up) Good luck, you'll be ok. . .keep us posted