Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Bernadette,

Had my surgery on August 5 and my position was eliminated 2 weeks after...I work in Human Resources...LOL. I loved my job, wasn't looking and was blessed to find one that was "better for me". During my month out...what a test...couldn't eat my stress and had to deal with life on "life's terms"....all that to say my love...YOU define what is going to be good. You will survive because you are resilient....you have 50 wonderful years under your belt...as best as possible, begin to visualize the blessings ahead! The blessings you will be more ready to see because you are not so focused on the day to day grind. During my time down...I started losing weight, negative behaviors, stress, anxiety and started gaining a healthy perspective about food, my capabilities, confidence and desire of what life I need versus want...simplicity. I would absolutley say GO BACK TO SCHOOL! There are government monies to go do what you want to do;-) I'll concentrate on sending to vibes to you and all of us because we are resilient:-)

Hi Bernadette,

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I'm happy that you have bit of security for now with unemployment and what not.... but unbelievable!!! Your 30lbs from your goal and WHAM!!

Vent all you want.... we'll listen

Take care

Stacey

Hi again ladies

Okay I'm trying so hard NOT to be pissed!!! I sent my manager an email on Friday asking him that he NOT take my account balance out of my vacation hours that I have coming. Well I get an email from him today, stating that is exactly what he did!!! For those who have not been following this, I work for a retail tire store. I have had an account with them for 25 years!!!!! Long before I ever started working for them. There was NO need to take my account balance put of my last check! I have 127 hours of vacation coming to me, I owe appr. $1100 on my account. The bad thing is I have to report to the unemployment office that I got paid for X amount of dollars! Which I won't because they will have taken my account balance out of it. To make a long story a little bit shorter, I will get screwed!!! I will claim it and then not get any unemployment for weeks because of the amount I'm supposed to get! But DID NOT get!!!

To say the least I'm PISSED!!!!! I asked Friday, when I knew it was my last day for him NOT to take my account balance, the bad thing it is up to him!! So of course he took it!! I have NEVER missed a payment in 25 years! I will never undersatnd why he did this!!

Sorry to ramble.....I'm just so upset about all of this!! Help!

Hi sweetie!!

No I'm 8lbs from goal, not 30!!

I hope my ticker is correct! Because I have worked my butt off to get here!

Thanks again!

Hey you!!

I can totally understand what you are saying!! I was telling a friend earlier, that I wish I could just eat a bag of Cheeto's!!! I know it would make me feel better!!! LOL

You know i'm actually looking into going into health care!! I love people, and have a soft heart! So maybe that is what I need to do! Thank you for putting it into perspective! I have to realize that life goes on!! Just a little tough some times.

Hi sweetie!!

No I'm 8lbs from goal, not 30!!

I hope my ticker is correct! Because I have worked my butt off to get here!

Thanks again!

OMG!! I added 22lbs to you on top of your jerk boss taking your sick time!!!

I'm mad just reading about it

Stacey

Hey you!!!

I was really getting sick looking at the amount I still had to lose! It is okay, you did not mean to!!!

Hey Bernadette,

I worked my butt off at a company and had dedicated way to much of myself to it. I loved it and was really good at it, and had several times where I felt like there were other things out there for me, but one day after 11 years my boss came in and said they were changing everything and "we're not sure you are dedicated enough." Well, after I cried for a couple weeks lots of great things happened that weren't able to happen before. I make way less money now, but lots of other things I've always dreamed of have come true. You will find a new niche, you won't have to wear white shirts and blue pants. You will come out of this stronger! Good luck with everything lady!!!

Thanks Wannalise!!

I really do know that God has something better out there for me, just tough to see it right now. I feel just like you did, I dedicated everything to them, I worked every Saturday for the last 11 years!!! I will NOT do that again, even if it means I have to take a big pay cut I will find something enjoyable to do. I have a lot in my retirement, but refuse to touch that, I will roll it into the new company! You know after all of these post I know understand that I'm not the only one who has been through such a tough time. I still have a few mixed emotions, I have had lots of texts from my guys, and I miss them too. Life goes on....I know it will weather I'm ready or not! :sad0:

Fabby, so sorry to hear this. It's very upsetting to know you can work for a company for so long and seniority doesn't matter. Obviously you are a great employee or they wouldn't have kept you that long. Hang in there...I'm a firm beleiver that somethng better is just around the corner for you.

Barb

I havn't lost my job yet, but I see the handwriting on the wall..... I just don't know how to go about making changes for my future.... start looking into school>??

I have anxiety attacks my first day back to work every week, hate livig like that!

I've worked in retaill all my like- nights weekends all holidays....... I want something different when I lose this jobb! I want something "normal":lol0:

Sorry you have to go through this, Bernadette. It's so hard when you have an experience that brings you around to the truth that most human beings put themselves first and that true loyalty doesn't really exist when it comes to the workplace. I spent 13 years at a certain software company just south of where we live (I'm in Mill Creek too) and was asked to take a poor performance score to balance out the curve for everyone else because I was part time and had had great reviews and bonuses up until that time. They felt I could be loyal by "taking one for the team". Well my answer was "see ya" and I "retired". I've come back on my own terms as a consultant free from all that - able to work when I want and say what I think without worrying about it's impact on my "permanent record".

Making that change freed me up for a lot of new things in life. I'm now thinking about expaning my business and adding some new ventures. I never, ever thought I'd have the energy or confidence for being self-employed and now I'm wondering why I didn't make the change long ago. I don't want to be bound by other people's perception of me or their silly workplace culture.

All I'm saying, in long-winded fashion, is that life takes you places you don't expect. Taking the bumps as opportunities to learn who you are and kind of throw off what other people tell you to be can be exhilirating - especially at this time in our lives (I'm only a few years behind you).

I'm rooting for you and whatever you decide is next.

Britt

Fab, I am so sorry your loyalty for this company wasn't appreciated. BTW, could you go over your manager's head to complain about the taking your vacay days for payment? Atleast a letter informing them what happened?? That was dirty. Also, can you get your retirement out of them to roll over. Some companys put up roadblocks to you getting your retirement to move it elsewhere, delays etc. If not it is a plus that you can and don't find out the company pissed it away. So many terrible things have happened to longtime employees and then they have nothing when they leave...so sad.

Hey Ms. B~ How are you doing today?

Fab, so very sorry to hear about your job. . . it's so hard cause you've put in so many years. . . Chancie, i'm sorry to hear about your job as well. . . how terrible, (now this is just my vent ok, no harm meant to anyone) but i thought when this "wart on society's A$$" president got in things were going to turn around and people would have jobs and not lose their jobs, all lies . . . oh well hopefully he won't destroy the USA before it has a chance to get better. . . .