Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Account Deactivation

I post daily over there too. There are some good posts about doctors there and they are not being deleted the way they are here. I do not like the way every time my doctor's name is mentioned, it's hyperlinked so that another doctor's name pops up. Now even the country they practice out of is hyperlinked as well. That doctor must be paying a lot more for advertising.

Install a script blocker or an ad blocker, and problems like this go away :) I wasn't even aware that this was happening until I read your post and disabled my ad blockers. I rely on forum posts for general informational content; I'd never trust what "someone says" in one place to recommend a doctor. How do you know what their motivations are? If you see a lot of posts from a lot of people on a lot of sites saying something about a doctor/facility, that's marginally more trustworthy. But still, the scientist in me would caution everyone to take testimonials with a grain of salt.

I am sad to see you go. I understand though. Thanks for your encouragement and support, I hope things continue to go well for you and that you get all the support and encourgement you need. This is a rough journey so I hope you find the things that make you the most comfortable!

Hmmmm...this is a very interesting topic that's probably been danced around somewhat. Here are my reasons for deciding to stick with both sites. VST is WAAAYYY more organized to me in terms of the forum messages. I can usually find the type of info that I'm seeking by going to the appropriate thread, although some people do post off topic messages under certain threads. When I go to the OH forums, it seems freestyle and I have to be in the mood for wading through random messages and by chance coming across something that interests me. I guess that has something to do with the fact that the site covers different surgical procedures. However, OH has some great generic info on different surgical procedures and doctors. This may be available somewhat on VST but it's so easy to find on OH that I haven't even tried to find it here. I actually made a decision about choosing a doctor based on the info on OH.

In general, VST seems more family like to me than OH and I gravitate here; When I go to OH, I rarely even log in the way I ALWAYS do on VST. As others said, there is good and bad everywhere and you have to learn to wade through the BS to find and use what you need the most. I think if you have a problem with a particular person or persons you should address them directly through PM, send the info about the problem to the moderator, AND/OR choose to ignore them. Clearly from the responses to your thread, most of us would hate to see anyone leave this site with a bad taste in your mouth.

Maybe this is good opportunity for people to post things that concern them about VST (as OregonDaisy did) if they are comformtable with that. Maybe some things can be addressed by the moderator if people are more specific about their concerns. I stopped clicking on the hyperlinks once I figured out what they are for, so that's not a problem for me anymore. Sometimes, some of the adds bother me a teeny bit, but I filter that stuff out pretty quickly and move on to what I WANT to read, which is the experiences of the sleevers. Without the type of personal info that I have read on THIS site, I would never have been able to comfortably come to the decision to get this life-altering surgery. But, at the end of the day, we all have to do what's best for us mentally, physically, and emotionally. In some cases, that involves moving on. Good luck and best wishes!

I post daily over there too. There are some good posts about doctors there and they are not being deleted the way they are here. I do not like the way every time my doctor's name is mentioned, it's hyperlinked so that another doctor's name pops up. Now even the country they practice out of is hyperlinked as well. That doctor must be paying a lot more for advertising.

Yes, this. This is why I have slowed down in posting here a bit. I don't care for the lay out of OH though. But I don't like that people can NOT be free here to discuss any doctor they would like...

Edited by excited2lose
had to add the word NOT :)

I am also a member of both boards. I check OH daily and when I remember I bounce over here. I happen to prefer OH a tad more, oddly enough they seem so much more open.

But I have found that the people I want to mainly hear about post at both boards so I dont miss much.

I pop in here from time to time, there is good and bad about each site. DRAMA Galore everywhere.

Best wishes dear...

Kat

Oregon,

I agree totally. I'm visiting here less and less because of it.