Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. It has been awhile since I posted but things are going well. I continued to jump through hoops to convince everyone that I was serious and sane in my decision to have the surgery.

Finally the day came. Last Monday, March 15th, I had a VSG and everything went well. I am so excited at the possibility of being at my ideal weight within a year.

The liquid diet before and after surgery was difficult for me but I lost quite a bit of weight already because of it. Now, since yesterday, I am on the stage 3 diet of blended foods. After one day, I think this will be easier. There are a lot more choices and I get to chew again!

After loosing 39 pounds my wife and kids are excited and so am I. Other people are starting to notice too. It feels good. I have more energy, I can bend over and tie my shoes, my clothes are no longer tight, in fact I will probably need to buy new clothes in another 10 or 20 lbs. Life is good.

I have been off work for almost 2 weeks now and have had lots of recovery time. I've been walking every day and as of yesterday am back to 3 miles. Everything seems to be almost back to normal, except for the itching. The laproscopic wounds are healing nicely, but they itch like crazy. That's why I'm up so early this morning. I woke up at about 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm trying to lightly scratch around the incisions and that works for awhile but not for long. Oh well, if that's the worst problem I have, things should be ok.

I am extremely pleased with my decision. The results are amazing and I am slowly learning how to live with the sleeve. I have enjoyed reading and getting support from all of you in your posts. Thank you.

Have a great day and here's to good health!

Dan S

weight.png

Dan, many congrats on your wonderful success. Glad to hear surgery and recovery went well. Those little victories are going to keep coming. Keep us posted on your progress ! !

Hi Dan! I too just had my Sleeve done (last Thursday - March 18th).

It's amazing the different diets I keep hearing about pre- and post-op. I was on a clear liquid diet for three days before my surgery. I was told to continue that for one week after surgery. After one week (yesterday), I was told to start an all-liquid diet for another week after which time I could move to a "mushy" food diet for three to four weeks and THEN I could move to things I could actually "chew". And I have to tell you, I really miss the "chew-chew-chewing"!

It sounds like things are going well for you. I wish you continued success!

Congratulations Dan, your doing great and you have a really healthy attitude. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your experience.

Dan and Angel, congratulations to both of you for your successful surgeries! Enjoy each step of the way and let us know how it's going for you!

Hi Dan! I too just had my Sleeve done (last Thursday - March 18th).

It's amazing the different diets I keep hearing about pre- and post-op. I was on a clear liquid diet for three days before my surgery. I was told to continue that for one week after surgery. After one week (yesterday), I was told to start an all-liquid diet for another week after which time I could move to a "mushy" food diet for three to four weeks and THEN I could move to things I could actually "chew". And I have to tell you, I really miss the "chew-chew-chewing"!

It sounds like things are going well for you. I wish you continued success!

Congratulations ToonTownAngel, Best wishes to you on your WL journey.

good job Dan.. sounds like you are doing great. i have mine on the 17th and till have to do 2 more weeks of liquids.. getting real sick of it.. keep up posted on your wt loss.

welcome to the vsg side dan and angel. you guys are going to do great. keep up the great work. keep us posted as to how you guys are doing...

Dan

You are doing FANTABULOUS!!!! So happy for you! Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

Thank you all for your replies. I wish all of you continued success in becoming the person you want to be. Things just keep getting better for me. I'm down 47 pounds today! Yay me! The encouragement goes a long way for me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

weight.png

Sleeved: March 15, 2010. One of the best decisions I ever made.

Ouroborous and TbTroy78,

Congratulations on your decision to get healthy. I was pretty scared when I went into surgery, but the doctor and his help really gave me the confidence that they knew what they were doing. It's always hard to turn your life over to someone. Loss of control, being totally out for a couple of hours. I got over the phobia and am really glad I did. The experience was definitely worth it. I can't speak for everyone but my decision was the right decision for me.

I'm eating healthy and it's easier than I thought it would be. I find that the cravings that I used to have are more manageable. The sleeve lets me know immediately if I have overdone it. I have thrown up a couple of times and have had some discomfort when pushing the limits. I've learned not to do that. I tend to learn things the hard way.

I'm excited for your upcoming VSG's and wish both of you all the best. Please ask if you have any questions.

What was your bmi dan if you don't mind and what type of progress have you made