Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG Ladies TALK ME DOWN!

Ok so some of you may or may not have read my threads here and there but most of you dont know a bunch about me. So I guess it is show and tell for me, for my sanity sake. Ok, here is the story, I am in love with a guy that I recently reconnected with. I have known him since I was very young. My family moved away, and we ran back into each other like 2 weeks before he left for Iraq, (we bumped into each other in a bar,intoxicated) he only saw me the once and to be honest I dont think he remembers it much. I HAVE NOT told him about the surgery mostly because I dont want him to have "Oh, she is fat?" on his brain. I just think it will have a stigma attached to it. Well he is coming home at the beginning of October, so I already have this mind frame that I need to do everything I can do Before he comes home, and then Ill explain why I can barely eat or drink..lol. BUT THE REASON I AM FREAKING OUT IS.... We were talking about taking a little vaca when he gets home..well I said "We should go on vacation" and he said "Ok, lets go to Key West"...Which didnt totally hit me until he said "We can go to fantasy fest, everyone is naked, body painted and drinks in the streets" Now I dont know about you, but RIGHT NOW that actually sounds more like my own personal hell. I am about to jump the nearest cliff...NAKED? BODY PAINT? WTH? Now he is totally serious and I may have to go..We arent "together" I just dont want him to come home go to Key West after being in Iraq for a year, and somehow magically find a girlfriend...mostly because i'll have to kill her, and I dont want to go to jail!

Ugh this is just badddd.

Tiffany, down girl down. You barely know this guy at this point. You've only seen him once. Just because he suggested something, doesn't mean you'll have to do it. Going on vacation is a plan between two people and so far, he's the only one planning. It doesn't sound like going to a naked drinking party for your first date is particularly appropriate anyways. You won't be one of those drinkers in October. Wouldn't it seem like something a little more conducive to getting to know each other would be better? If you haven't been going out and he does go and meets someone else, he wasn't your guy. There are lots of guys out there and yours will be perfect.

As far as not eating much when you go out with him, by October you'll be eating small meals. Most of America is dieting. You can decide to be honest with him, or you can order an appetizer and push it around your plate when you're done eating. That's what most girls do on first dates anyhow.

I say... take a deep breath, focus on your surgery and recovery and trust that everything will work out just as it's supposed to.

WOMAN, if you go, I'm tagging along with you. Just kidding, in all seriousness, I would have to pass on the trip, and honestly, he's not gonna find Mrs. Right down in Key West at that bash, he might find Mrs. Right Now, but no girlfriend.

As for your eating/drinking, you'll be able to eat normal foods and have a drink so don't fret about that.

There is no amount of body paint that could conceal my flaws, but a nice tankini and sarong may help. Not everyone is gonna be completely nude.

I say "don't freak out about it until the time comes." You'll be fine. Just breathe.

Thanks...I DO know him we just lost touch over the last like 3 years, We had just really started talking again right before he went to Iraq. We now talk almost everyday online.. I mean we are pretty good friends at this point and I would LIKE to take a vacation with him to some place...And part of me wants to use this as motivation...and part of me is ...well scared shitless...

Thanks...I DO know him we just lost touch over the last like 3 years, We had just really started talking again right before he went to Iraq. We now talk almost everyday online.. I mean we are pretty good friends at this point and I would LIKE to take a vacation with him to some place...And part of me wants to use this as motivation...and part of me is ...well scared shitless...

Find somewhere for y'all to go minus all the nakedness. . . I think it'll be a blast for you, and you're right, it will be great motivation. I know when John when I had my revision, losing 60lbs was my goal before he got home. It was very motivating to drop the weight before he returned from the deployment. Least to say, it worked, I dropped 80lbs.

I'm super stoked to hear all about it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah, since he's military. Disney is having an awesome deal for military members. And, October is an awesome time to go to Disney. Less kids because of school, fabulous food/drinks/entertainment/close to beaches.

I can find you links for the special. He probably doesn't even know about it. But, it's like a 4 day pass for $99 bucks ! ! ! Normal rate is close to $350. Plus, there is a hotel at Disney that is dedicated to military members, and the charge per night is based on rank.

Shades of Green? Resort on WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort official website is the only Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) located in the continental U.S. Shades of Green? on WALT DISNEY WORLD? Resort is a military resort serving the U.S. Army, Navy, Air

I am at work cracking up!!!

Are you serious there is such an event??

OMG!! I think I must be really old!!

Too Funny!!!

Not my cup of tea but hey why not!!!

Go For it!!!

And come back and tell us everystuff!!!

:thumbup1::):thumbup:

Tiffany

I must be an old cogger, because I could never in a million years imagine doing that!! My big splurge is to get into a 2 piece bathing suit! I think the vacation idea is great, just not the naked, body painted part!

Enjoy, and keep us posted on the budding romance!!

Hmmm...naked dancing with body paint on...drunk? Sounds like a party that I wouldn't want to go to. LOL. I think you two will come to a more agreeable destination by the time October rolls back around. I say go to Miami Beach or Disney or wherever and have your OWN PRIVATE NAKED party with body paints and drinks inside the hotel room and MAYBE on the balcony, jacuzzi or beach, but why share with every other Hairy Dick Tom...ooops, I mean every Tom, Dick and Harry.

I think it's nice that you two are building a deeper bond/friendship/relationship while he's away. You are offering him tons of support while he's serving his country. You're probably helping to keep him sane or at least add some normalcy to his life. I also think he'd probably be very supportive of your WLS decision.

I can understand you not wanting to share the WLS thing with him at this point. That may change in October, or soon after that. But, if you really are "pretty good friends" at this point, you should at least be able to tell him how uncomfortable you are with his vacation idea. If you're bold enough to tell him, he'll be flattered that you don't want to risk sharing him with other women. :)

Get your thoughts together about a non-threatening way to tell him this and plan on presenting at least 3 alternative ideas, like the one Tiff suggested. Think of some alternatives that fit with what you know about his personality and likes/dislikes. Also, try to think of how much more confident you'll be by the time October rolls around. You'll probably breeze through the whole thing.

Honestly I talk to him everyday and told him I wasnt going a while ago. But now I want to go, so I changed my mind...IT really is like super motivation when you know you have somewhere to be in front of someone you like. I AM pretty sure I wont be naked and body painted...we are just friends...so maybe it will be awesome and he will fall in love...Or maybe he wont and ill find a bf while I am down there lol. The one thing I do VERY well is keep my options open.