Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone sleeved with Dr. Koppman in FL?

Guest NiceGirl

Guest NiceGirl

I have just been approved by my insurance (UHC) for the sleeve with Dr. John Koppman of US Bariatrics in St. Augustine, FL. Has anyone else been sleeved with him? I feel very comfortable with him so far and confident that the hopsital and the team he works with will do a great job for me.

Yet...I was hoping to get some feedback from someone that had already worked with him.

My surgery is not scheduled yet, as I still have my cardiology appt to attend, but I hope to be sleeved by mid-April.

Thanks for any feedback you can give!!

I look at it this way, if your feeling comfortable and fuzzy with your soon to be surgeon and you can talk openly and freely to him/her, then you've chosen wisely. . .I did that and in my own opinion, I think I did good in chosing my surgeon. . . I was very happy with him and haven't had any problems whatsoever. . . good luck on your journey!

Guest NiceGirl

Hi Thinoneday,

Thanks for your supportive words. I do really feel at ease w/my choice in a surgeon, I just wanted to hear from other people who have been through VSG with Koppman-since he is fairly new to my area.

Well, it's a Happy Monday (ha-ha-ha) and I am getting back to work. Hope to chat with you soon, :-).

-NiceGirl

I was sleeved with Dr. Marema in Dr. Koppman's practice. I had a great experience! My sleeve date was 09/16. (I am a slow loser, only 55 pounds - I am not keeping up with exercising as I should, but it was so worth it just to keep my eatting under control.) The day after my surgery I had tremendous naseau (it turns out in post-op the anesthesia team should have given me a patch behind the ear.) Dr. Koppman saw me on his rotation and had a lovely, caring bedside manner. He made sure the nurses stuck a patch on me immediately.

The hospital is lovely - you get a great view which really helps you get out of bed to get your walking in after surgery. You can call to get help from the staff anytime. Dr. Koppman and Dr. Marema's office are super supportive.

Guest NiceGirl

Hi Itutally,

Thank you for the feedback on his practice! I also found him to be caring and patient with all of my questions so far.

Right now I am scheduled to see a cardiologist in 2 days and that is my last pre-req before they will set up my surgery date.

Take Care,

NiceGirl

I have just been approved by my insurance (UHC) for the sleeve with Dr. John Koppman of US Bariatrics in St. Augustine, FL. Has anyone else been sleeved with him? I feel very comfortable with him so far and confident that the hopsital and the team he works with will do a great job for me.

Yet...I was hoping to get some feedback from someone that had already worked with him.

My surgery is not scheduled yet, as I still have my cardiology appt to attend, but I hope to be sleeved by mid-April.

Thanks for any feedback you can give!!

NiceGirl, I hope your surgery went great! I am in Jacksonville as well. I have been to a seminar at N FL Bariatics with Dr. Herrera at St. Vincent's and have an appointment with Novus Centers and Dr. Webb at Memorial tomorrow. Dr Herrera has only done 4 VSG's so I will probably use Dr. Webb. I would love to hear how Dr Koppman did.

Guest NiceGirl

Well, my VSG was on 4/7 and I am recovering as best as I can. Dr. Koppman was great and Flagler Hospital was truly wonderful.

I am adjusting poorly to this new stomach so I do have some buyer's remorse...however that has nothing to do with the surgeon or the hospital.

I don't think I was prepared for the pain I would be in and how uncomfortable eating would become after surgery. I feel as if I'm developing an aversion to food. Just thinking about my next meal fills me with anxiety. I can completely understand now why the recovery literature warns against anorexia.

I just hope and pray that I feel normal one day soon and can eat without pain/discomfort or nausea.

Best of luck to you Gatorman...your journey will be different from mine, I'm sure, and I hope it is a pain-free as possible.

-NiceGirl

Well, my VSG was on 4/7 and I am recovering as best as I can. Dr. Koppman was great and Flagler Hospital was truly wonderful.

I am adjusting poorly to this new stomach so I do have some buyer's remorse...however that has nothing to do with the surgeon or the hospital.

I don't think I was prepared for the pain I would be in and how uncomfortable eating would become after surgery. I feel as if I'm developing an aversion to food. Just thinking about my next meal fills me with anxiety. I can completely understand now why the recovery literature warns against anorexia.

I just hope and pray that I feel normal one day soon and can eat without pain/discomfort or nausea.

Best of luck to you Gatorman...your journey will be different from mine, I'm sure, and I hope it is a pain-free as possible.

-NiceGirl

Sorry to hear you are in such pain and so uncomfortable NiceGirl. I am sure that it will get better soon.

One of the interesting things he told me yesterday is that ex-athletes normally breeze through recovery so I am hoping that will be the case with me. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi gatorman! Wondering if you used dr. Webb? I'm in jax and looking into vsg, but not familiar with the doctors?

Nicegirl? How are you doing now? Hope your feeling better!