Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things are moving now.....

I went for my first consultation yesterday, and was very excited to get started on this whole journey.

By the time I got home, the sleep study receptionist had left a message to make an appointment for tonight. Psychiatrist is on Monday, Gastroscopy is on Wednesday, Cardiologist is on 3/3 and all I have left to do is find a bariatric nutritionist that United Healthcare will cover.

I am so excited to get these things under way, so the paperwork can all be submitted to UHC. If they don't approve me I will probably hit this deep funk...so I'm trying to keep myself anticipating anything from them. The surgeons office has already got the criteria from them, so I hope this is all going to be good.

Looking forward to being set free from this bondage of weight.

Anyone had experience with UHC in Arizona? How long did it take you to hear anything, did they make you jump through hoops....

My surgeon will be Dr. Chiasson (hopefully......)

Lookinup2010-

I have UHC, but I live in Texas. I am waiting approval as well. They told me it should be two weeks. I am soooo nervouse. I have not had a sleep study, but I know I have sleep apnia. Good Luck!

I also have UHC here in Texas, I am scheduled for surgery on Monday 2/22. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I had to have a pych eval. The doctors office forgot to send my pych eval with my paper work the first time on a Tuesday and it got denied on Wednesday. I was so upset because I thought the appeal process was going to be awful. But they assured me that all they had to do was fax it in to the insurance company. They Faxed it on Monday the following week and it was approved by Tuesday.

But you have to keep calling them and ask them the status. I did everyday and maybe they got tired of me calling but it got approved fast.

I went for my pre-opt testing today, an Upper GI, x-rays, and blood work. I started my pre opt diet Saturday and have lost 10 lbs already. It was suppose to be for 2 weeks but they had an opening so they said I would be ok if I stuck to it to the T. and I have I am so excited for Monday to hurry up and get here.

I am so busy at work trying to arrange things time is flying by.

Hang in there and call UHC for a status.

Hi,

Sounds like a whirlwind of appointments. The psych eval is a breeze-nothing to worry about. I am very happy with my VSG experience with Dr. Chiasson and his staff.

Just sent you a PM.

Pennie