Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One more sleep to surgery!!

All the very best Lee!! You will come out of this with flying colors minus all the excess lbs....feel free to write in for any help you need through this!

We are here for you.:001_smile:

Lee,

Welcome to the loser's bench today! We are so happy to have you with us. Am sending some healing thoughts your way!

Thank you everyone! I'm home and going to rest but had to tell you that I'm fine. Surgery was more painful than I thought, but I ended up with the Sleeve, Hiadle Hernia repair and Liver biopsy so body is in shock. Coming out of surgery and then last night were miserable, but this morning started getting so much better. Sipping this afternoon was tough but they were going to keep me another night so I had to do it. :thumbup1:

I'll write more tomorrow. I just wanted to send love back to all of you who kept me close and in your thoughts this week. I so appreciate everyone here!

Nitey nite!

Soooooooooo glad to hear you are home, and surgery went well. Rest, sip, and repeat.

Keep us posted and if you need anything let us know ! ! !

Yayyyyy Lee! Welcome home, Sister! Can't wait to hear more! The first two days are no fun, without a doubt, but, like having kids, we forget the pain quickly. Curious too about that liver biopsy... did they see something that warranted it or was it just standard procedure for this surgeon?

HUGS!

Omg Lee! That sounds like more surgery than you bargained for! Hope you are able to rest and feel better soon!

Hope the biopsy comes back with good results! Will definitely pray for that.

Take care!

Lee I know I already let you know that I am proud of you on the LB site but I thought I would tell you here too :001_smile: Glad you are home and doing well!

Lee,

Glad you are home. The first few days are hardest. Most important thing right now is drinking enough Fluid, and walking to prevent blood clots and get the gas moved out of your abdomen. Everyone is different, but I found Sobe Lifewater (various flavors) best tolerated, warmed up gently in the microwave. Warm fluids go down easier, especially after you've had a hiatal hernia repair like you and I did. The esophagus gets a bit spastic after being messed with and many sleevers find warm fluids feel best. Burp between each sip and the next one goes down easier.

Rest, walk, sip, burp, and repeat!!!

Hi Everyone!!

Thank you all for caring about me. It means the world to me! I woke up everything three hours for pain meds last night. Then I watched tv for an hour and went to sleep for two. At 6am I went back to sleep until 9am and woke up feeling great. I'm walking around the house, talking on the phone, answering emails. I can't believe how much energy I have. I waited 5 hours to take pain meds and probably could have skipped them, but I didn't want to stop being active.

I have zero gas pains and I'm not passing gas or burping much at all. I think my homeopathic remedy "carbo vegetabilis" really does a good job with it. I had one gasx strip but didn't really need it, just more wanted to try it to see what it was.

I've actually discovered that 25 calories fruit juice popcicles feel best to me. Maybe because I'm swollen inside. I just made some time ice cubes using Diet Cranberry- pomegrante juice flavored drink. I'm hoping those go down well. I'm working towards my 20 oz of fluids today. I have zero hunger.

I went into surgery at 228.8 and this morning I was 230, so the surgery weight is already coming off. After gallbladder in November I was 10 pounds the next day.

I couldn't be more pleased. If I needed to work from home today, I could do it, but thankfully I have until Tuesday for that.

My son is flying in from NYC tonight and will be here until Tuesday morning. I'm so excited to feel so well. I'm looking foward to walking with him and watching movies and just having fun!

If you've not been sleeved yet and are thinking about it, do it! I'm soo happy this morning. My mantra is still "everything always works out for me". I went into surgery thinking and hoping for the best possible outcome and so far, that's exactly what's happened.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post an update on how I'm feeling. Saturday (surgery on Wednesday) was my roughest day. I generally run a temp of 97.6 so 100 was high for me. My big incision was really hurting me so at night I put the ice packs from my gallbladder surgery on it and whala, this morning it's better. Friday night I had extreme acid up in my throat while sleeping so doc told me to put more pillows or a recliner (which I don't have). Last night was better with more pillows. I had Fluid in my lungs and I couldn't cough it up and it was painful to cough. My son taught me a trick that when I'm coughing lower my head and look down. After a few tries, it did the trick and whatever was in my lungs came up and out. YAY. Last night I woke after two hours sleep with a bad headache and sore throat. I got up and took pain meds and gargled and was able to go back to sleep for another four hours. This morning I'm looking forward to meds to keep the fever down as well as gargling all day. I haven't been walking as much as I'd like because of the incision pain and headache and fever. Today I want to get some walking in. I've been on clear fluids and today can move to yogurt and cream Soups. I've been getting in 32 ounces of fluids. Yesterday had my first low sodium chicken broth. I love popsicles and mixing 1/2 and 1/2 sobe pomegranate w/ Water. Today I may try some Protein pudding but may still do a lot of broth. I want to get rid of this sore throat.

I haven't had a moment's hunger since surgery. I know I gained a lot of weight from the IV fluids, but this morning my scale is down 2.4 pounds from my surgery morning weight. YAY!

For those of you still pre-op, there's nothing that happens during surgery or in the few days post-op that you will remember. I would do it all again tomorrow.

Good luck to you pre-ops. You're gonna shine. :001_smile:

Love to all of you with great appreciation of what each of you bring to my journey!

Hi Lee,

You have a great attitude! always positive...

I had alot of problems with my incision on the right also. It bothered me even after everything else started to feel better. I saw the surgeon last week and he said that is normal, that is the spot he did most of the work from. Even when it didn't "hurt" getting up and sitting were rough. Now today (2 weeks tomorrow) it is much better. I get to move to "mushy" food tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. Getting bored with the same old stuff.

Do you know why you have a fever? have you contacted the surgeon? I know they said if mine got to 100. to let them know.

Take Care of yourself and keep smiling :001_smile:

Diane

I missed your pre surgery post but my prayers go out now for a smooth and uneventful recovery. Hope to hear back from you soon. God speed.