Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally got my lap band on May 11 and have been hungry as a bear for a week. I'm on mushies, but I find that I have to eat meat to get full. I don't eat as much as I did before the band, but I eat often because I get hungry. Does anybody in Oklahoma have any suggestions about this? I got an appointment to get my first fill on June 9. There is a nurse practitioner in Coffeyville, KS who does them pretty cheaply. My doctor, Dr. Rodriguez, sent me to her. That's about all for me.

Lite ricotta cheese, flounder and tuna salad worked to fill me up when I was on the soft phase of the post-op diet. Congratulations on having the surgery and I hope your recovery is uneventful.

I too had surgery in MX. May 8th. 31 pounds since. Looking for ppl to support me and to support. Yahoo IM username is sherylkayc. IM me anytime. Will answer. Live in SE OK. Sheryl Kay

weight.png

I too had surgery in MX. May 8th. 31 pounds since. Looking for ppl to support me and to support. Yahoo IM username is sherylkayc. IM me anytime. Will answer. Live in SE OK. Sheryl Kay

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/3;10728;6;0;1/c/374/t/135/s/405/k/b550/weight.png

Good to hear from you. I haven't lost anywhere near 31 pounds. Wow! I'm impressed. I haven't had my band filled yet (that's next Friday) and I'm hungry so I'm eating whatever I want this week. Also we have two birthdays which we're having early so I can eat some cake and stuff. But I'm hoping that after I get the fill, I won't be hungry. But I may be too stupid to follow the diet exactly. I'll have to work it out. I live in Tahlequah. Let me know how you are getting along. Almost all the other bandsters in Okla., live in wouthwest OK or near OKC. So there aren't many of us eastern Okies here.

Hello...I am new to this site, so forgive me if I am not quite talented to figure out how to do it...I haven't yet had the procedure done...I have an appt on Monday with the surgeon to discuss it...I have approval from my insurance already...so, I hope it won't take long to get the procedure done...what I am wondering is how long after the procedure do you really feel the weight has started coming off...

Hello Everyone, I have been reading post and thought I should introduce myself. I am scheduled to be banded on Aug. 11 and I am both excited and scared. I can't wait to lose weight, but I do worry that I will regain the weight I lose (if I lose weight). I have been on many many diets and honestly some of them worked for a while. But I always gain the weight back. A friend of mine told me to look at this life change as a new chapter in my life. I turn 40 at 350 pounds I like the idea of turning 50 at a near average weight. I would love to say that I feel better at 50 than I did at 40.

By the way I live in Edmond, Oklahoma. I will be 41 on Aug 7th and I am about 200 pounds over weight. I am also on yahoo messager as SuziePlus please feel free to message me.

SuziePlus

Hello Everyone, I have been reading post and thought I should introduce myself. I am scheduled to be banded on Aug. 11 and I am both excited and scared. I can't wait to lose weight, but I do worry that I will regain the weight I lose (if I lose weight). I have been on many many diets and honestly some of them worked for a while. But I always gain the weight back. A friend of mine told me to look at this life change as a new chapter in my life. I turn 40 at 350 pounds I like the idea of turning 50 at a near average weight. I would love to say that I feel better at 50 than I did at 40.

By the way I live in Edmond, Oklahoma. I will be 41 on Aug 7th and I am about 200 pounds over weight. I am also on yahoo messager as SuziePlus please feel free to message me.

SuziePlus

Welcome Suzie,

I am with you on wanting to feel better at 50!..hang in their your not alone! And, we are twins the hard way...I'll be 43 on August 7th..LOL

Take care!

Susie,

Welcome to another okie I am Kathy from Sayre, I have been banded since Nov. of 04 and I was 240 amd now 164 I am so proud of this this is one thing I did absolutley for me and I am loving it. I can wear a size 10 now never in my life have I done that I can stand the heat now. 1 regret is I love to eat and I am really tight in my band and can only eat 3 or 4 bites at a time but it is a learning process for me I am just now working on the not drinking while I eat it took me almost a year to figure out I can't have that pop with my meals I tried and tried now I am an iced tea freak but I drink it unsugared with lemon it is a process and you have to make up your mind. it is for you no one else I just turned 49 and I am gona be hot when I am 50 let me tell you! another regret is my husband changed jobs and we lost that good insurance and I will have a boob job and Tummy Tuck before next year one way or the other! I will say this is the best thing I have ever done for myself I own a barber shop and my confidence which has never been to good is really good now I still have days but it is amazing how good I feel so girl go into it with the best thoughts and you will be fine if I can do it anybody can! goodluck and lots of love!! kathydabarber:clap2: :(

Where are you going to be banded at. Who is your Dr. I was banded on may19th in mexico by Dr. Del La Garza. I have lost 30 lbs. being banded was the best thing that ever happen to me. I had tried every diet and would lose a little weight and then gain it all back. But I do believe with the band I will be able to keep it off. I did not have much pain at all with my surgery, and since then everything has went really well. No problems. Hope it goes the same with you. By the way my name is Joyce. My name for this website is Hot Nana. I would love to hear from you again.

Welcome Suzie,

I am with you on wanting to feel better at 50!..hang in their your not alone! And, we are twins the hard way...I'll be 43 on August 7th..LOL

Take care!

Bettina,

Thank you for the warm welcome, I am looking forward to getting to know other "bandsters". I love the idea of going on a cruise as mentioned in another thread. But right now I am so broke as I will be making payments on the band.

BTW Happy Birthday, I love having a summer brithday, a good excuse to go swimming or have a party.

Suzie

Where are you going to be banded at. Who is your Dr. I was banded on may19th in Mexico by Dr. Del La Garza. I have lost 30 lbs. being banded was the best thing that ever happen to me. I had tried every diet and would lose a little weight and then gain it all back. But I do believe with the band I will be able to keep it off. I did not have much pain at all with my surgery, and since then everything has went really well. No problems. Hope it goes the same with you. By the way my name is Joyce. My name for this website is Hot Nana. I would love to hear from you again.

Dear Hot Nana,

I am getting banded on Aug 11th by Dr. Martin Lopez Dominguez. I have heard lots of bad things about a Dr. Lopez but this doctor was recommended to me by a friend and I trust her. I am thinking that there are several different Dr. Lopez's.

I am so glad to hear that things went well for you, I can't wait to be out of surgery and begining a new chapter in my life.

Suzie

Hi guys!,Just wanted to say hi and that I will be banded sept 1st by Dr Ortiz in TJ Mexico. I'm from Durant, its good to be able to chat with other okies who are banded or are going to be.Hey Kathy, I too am 49 and also will be hot at 50!! At least thats what I'm planning on.

29 days until banding!!! Can't wait!

okiegirl

Welcome Suzie,

Take care!

I can barely remember being 50. I was 59 in July. I hope to be thinner when I'm 60. Good luck to you all.

Bettina,

Thank you for the warm welcome, I am looking forward to getting to know other "bandsters". I love the idea of going on a cruise as mentioned in another thread. But right now I am so broke as I will be making payments on the band.

BTW Happy Birthday, I love having a summer brithday, a good excuse to go swimming or have a party.

Suzie

Happy birthday today! I hope all goes well for you. It's nice to know that all of us Leos are taking charge of our lives. Of course, I'd like to be much thinner now, but there's always the future. I hope you can eat some birthday cake. I had an ice cream cake which may be the reason I only lost 1 pound last week.