Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Step Closer

I am so excited I am one more step closer to have the Sleeve. I completed my Psych eval yesterday and passed.. Just talked to the coordinator at the doctors office (Dr Nick). She is going to submit everything to the insurance today. Of course she says they have 30 days to approve it. I am going to be calling the insurance company later this week and see what they say. I read on here if you keep bugging them they might move it faster. I sure hope so. She said once the insurance approves it then i can get in for my consultation within a week. Then the rest depends on what kinds of test the doctor orders and how fast i can get that done. I really want would like this done by mid February but that is probably pushing it.

I have ordered my Protein samples so that i can get started on finding one that I like. I got a couple of books on life after weight loss surgery. Trying to cover everything and be ready.

I hear everyone talk about the shakes for the 2 weeks pre op diet. Is there certain ones each doctor requires? I know the nutritionist would probably be the one to tell me but I just like to be prepared. Is it anything like Herbalife shakes?

This is all I can think about. I really need to focus on other things so the time goes faster.. Thanks for listening to my rambling.

:thumbup:

I been there!! It's hard to not think about something all the time that you want sooo badly. My whole family got so tired of hearing about it, but I didn't care I would just ramble on to whoever would listen...lol!

As far as the pre-op diet, your doctor will let you know what specific diet they will want you on, maybe if you ask them ahead of time you could prepare a little easier! I always like to be prepared myself. Now for my pre-op diet my doctor was very strict, No carbs, No fat, No sugar...it was rough! The only thing I ended up drinking was Isopure that I bought at a local Rite-Aid. All of the other mixed powder Proteins made me gag, the Isopure was clear and went down easy. I wish you all the best on your journey...your almost there!!

Congratulations on getting closer. I was also obsessed (and still am to an extent) with the vsg. Each doctor is different when it comes to pre-op diets, mine takes it case by case weighing bmi, surgery choice, age, nutritionist recommendation (I think??). Good luck!

Congrats on being one step closer! I feel as if I'm still 1,000 miles away. My consult is this Thursday, and I'm already rushing to the surgery date (which has not been set) in my head. I, too, understand what you mean about being obsessed. I have been extremely busy at work...too busy to have a moment to think...and yet the surgery is always there. It's all I want to think and talk about.

I think we all can relate to that issue. I am still pre-op and already did my consulation on January 7th my dr/hospital is backed up to April, so guess how I am feeling.

It will come I am sure for us all.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one obsessed with reading and talking about the surgery! I have five books sitting next to me from our library that I picked up yesterday. Sadly, they all deal with bypass surgery, but the recipes and some of the other stuff has to do with anyone having or planning to have WLS.

HA! I totally understand the, "I cant think about anything else" and I am not scheduled until April 20th. I may die of anticipation between now an then. Not that it actually is, but I feel like my life is on hold until then, like my life will start April 20, 2010.

-Tiffany

It is really good to know I am not the only one that is obsessing with this. I also have 2 books and have another one on order. But like NtvTxn said the also mainly deal with the bypass or the lapband. But there are some really good recipes in them.

It is all I can do to hold off on calling the insurance company. I know it is probably too soon for them to know since they probably just got it on Tuesday.

I got my Protein samples that I ordered, these are actually pretty good. I got the information about them off of another post. It was a really good deal and I ordered them on Thursday and got them Tuesday. Here is the information if anyone is interested. They are offering a special deal on the sample pack right now. Only cost me $9.99 and there is 23g of Protein in each packet.

nectar ?Variety Sampler? containing 11 full serving packets of the following flavors: Apple Ecstasy, caribbean cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Roadside Lemonade, strawberry Kiwi, Twisted cherry, chocolate Truffle, strawberry Mousse, vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino. The price is $21.89. We are offering a coupon discount of $16.90 leaving a total of $4.99 plus $5.00 UPS Shipping. The total you pay is $9.99 and arrives in 2-5 days. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801. Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Central time. Best regards, Amanda SI03 Order Department Phone: 866-333-7403 x 801 Email: orders@si03.com www.si03.com

Again thanks for all the support and it is really nice to know I am not alone on this.:thumbup:

Yet another Step Closer. I got approved by UHC and now my appointment with Dr Nick is 02/11/2010. Can't wait. They said they are scheduling about 2 weeks out so this is good.

I have found a couple of Protein drinks I like so I am so close.

:thumbup1: