Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Personal Question - When did you have your first bowel movement?

I am sorry for asking such a personal question, but I am wondering if I will ever poo again? I have not since surgery on Tues. I am a bit reluctant to take the Miralax because I do not want to create havoc in the whole tummy zone, but I do not want a lot of strain to cause an issue either. Thanks for answering and your constant reassurance....

Never thought I would be chatting about this one! :w00t:

Hey Barbann--

I was sleeved on the same day as you and had a bowel movement two days later. Mine are mostly liquid now (liquid in, liquid out) but they do happen. I would check with your doctor about taking something.

Good luck!

Good morning. I am the same as Annearctica. There were quite a few of us that had this done on Tues, huh.

Howdy, Barb! This was an "issue" for me too. I was sleeved on a Monday, and it was Friday before I had a BM. I did finally take one Miralax on Thursday and a "shot" of Milk of Magnesia too. When I went, it was not diarrhea. Since then, I seem to go at least every other day, and only liquid-y once.

I found the Miralax to be weird in my Water, and that bugged me. So I think I will stick with Milk of Magnesia in the future. It doesn't seem to be harsh at all, and the PA approved.

I has a BM 2 days out ( again liquidy). I am starting mushies and I had regular BM the next day (thin but appropriate). I believe the key is to keep hydrated!

first one was yesterday morning. it was a bit of a surprise.

I was sleeved on Thursday the 24th, and then had my first one on the following Wed. Natural (no meds) The nurses said I needed to have one in a week or else take some milk of magnesia. I was happy not to have to take anything.

I was sleeved on a Thursday morning. Catheter came out Saturday morning. I peed on my own Saturday night (that, or they were reinserting!!!!). I came home on Sunday night and pooped for the first time Monday night. It is the best feeling to be doing it again...LOL!

MR Nick Sr. I totally agree. I will be so excited when I can actually go again. I am going with the Milk of Magnesia tonight. So, my fingers are crossed for tomorrow being a "big" day. So glad you did not have to be re-cathetered. Ughhh.....

Barbarann,

I was sleeved on Tues 12/29 also. I finally pooped today. I took ducolax once in the morning thur and Friday. Finally went today, soft not diarrhea after a long walk (not fast) this morning.

Keep up your fluids and walking, Milk of mag, and whatever stool softner your doc recommends and you'll go in no time.

Right now your body is using essentially everything you put in, and it will take a little bit before you have enough waste from that to poop.

Good luck

Wow,

December 29 was a record day, I was also sleeved that day. I had a BM the next day right after taking the contrast dye for the xray test. Don't think they were connected but it has been the only one so far. Right now I am gun shy because of reading so much about not trusting a fart. I have had a lot of farts, run to the restroom everytime for a false alarm. I am not letting my guard down though.

Bill

I am sorry for asking such a personal question, but I am wondering if I will ever poo again? I have not since surgery on Tues. I am a bit reluctant to take the Miralax because I do not want to create havoc in the whole tummy zone, but I do not want a lot of strain to cause an issue either. Thanks for answering and your constant reassurance....

Never thought I would be chatting about this one! :crying:

Poor Barbann, did the contrast not make you poop like a wild thing? I'm still pooping that stuff out sometimes 3 times a day for the past 4 days now. . . I don't know but don't you call your doctor on Monday? Ask at that time what they suggest. . . remember you don't have anything in the tiny tummy now expect for Clear liquids. . . are you passing gas at least. . . that is a good thing. . .

barbannn, it was almost a week for me before things started moving again. I did 2 days of MOM and it helped, but I am still having problems. Definitely no liquid-y problems here.

Miralax isn't having any effect either.

I had that problem too. Sandy told me to use Milk of Magnesia, not Miralax. She said the Miralax needs to be after your on solids. So last week in to 2 tsp of MOM on Friday, no help; Sat 4 tsp and still no help. Finally Sunday when I drank a REAL Protein shake things started moving.

Sorry this is so late to your original message, but I've been out of pocket all day.