Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goals of all kinds

Okay, I love reading NSV's, and SV's, and just cool stuff like that.

What do you want to do? What have you done? Weight related, not weight related, just cool stuff. :)

I'm 5 lbs from my halfway point. Started at 280, halfway will be 210, goal is 140 (ish, but for the sake of numbers, it's 140).

I am Obese, no longer morbidly obese, and down from severely obese (or the other way around, I don't remember).

I am a graphic designer. I always wanted to do something with art, but didn't know what. I started as a QA person for my mom's consulting agency, and then one time our client needed banners "ASAP", so I threw something together. 3 years later, I do all of their graphics exclusively. :) It probably would not hurt me to go back to school for some things, but I'm still pretty happy. :)

I want to get my belly button pierced. I got it pierced before, but it never healed right because of my belly rolls and the skin touching n' stuff.

I want to wear a wetsuit and not feel like a whale!! But seriously, just to be out of the "X" sizes of wetsuits would be good.

I never want to look at the weight requirements for anything ever again!

I know there's more, I'll have to add later.

What do you want to do? What have you done? What DON'T you want to do ever again?!

I want to go skiing with my son this winter. I am done being a chair warmer in the lodge while he has all the fun! In fact, I am going to go purchase equipment at the local ski swap so I am ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am at my first goal now!! 350! got there wednesday and I am SOOOOO happy. my next goal is 300. and to not worry about my shirt being tight around my tummy!

Well, I have abandoned all weight related goals.

Hmm, right now my goal is to get throgh my mother's curent crisis with my sanity intact.

Since I've never let my size or weight keep me from doing anything, I'll have to think about this.

1. I want to finish law school and be able to get a good job in Dallas, and not worry about my weight keeping me from getting a good job. As much as many people don't want to admit it, there are a lot of people who frown upon hiring fat employees.

Maybe even more so with female lawyers, we're all supposed to be a cute size 6. lol.

2. I'm 7 lbs away from my 1/2 way point!!

3. Be at least 199 lb when school starts in the fall. I have 27 lbs to lose by August 24th. I think I can get there.

:cake: Kristin

i just want to be able to run! LOL

This was my first thought as well!!:cake: However, I can say that since being banded, I HAVE run on the treadmill for a stress test (which I could NOT do in the years before the band). And I have been known to get a sudden burst of energy and take a short run with my dog while walking. THIS is a major improvement. Now.. a sustained run, that's a great goal!

Today, my 'goal' is to beat this weight loss stall I've been in for awhile now. I'd like to break the 170 mark and then I can muster the courage to aim at 160. :cake:

I want to be able to get up from the floor gracefully.

I want to be able to get up off the couch or my office chair and walk without looking like I'm crippled because of the pain in my feet and hips.

I want to be able to backpack into the mountains and camp out in places most people dont want to go.

I want to be able to go swimming without feeling embarassed about how I look.

I want to skydive. Just once - no need to press your luck. hehe

I want family pictures that include me. Ones I don't hide away in a box somewhere.

Oh shoot.. I just want to live! Really live! And not be hindered by my size or looks.

My goal is to lose all the weight I need to, to feel incredible both physically, emotionally and mentally and get back into my acting.

Take classes again in New York and start audition.

My goal is to have a great role in TV or film within 5 years.

OMG! That was terrifying! I'm still trying to hook my eyeballs out with my fingernails! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Never do that again!

LOL

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to goals. Ride my horse - fast, over fences, around barrels or just enjoy a trail ride without wearing me out, much less the horse.

Go camping with DH and be able to even get in and out of the tent.

Terry