Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks out, what is the pain???

My Doc gave me the okay to progress to soft foods, after a few days of pureed. There is no way! I hurt soooo bad, what does gas feel like? My stocmach gets hard no matter what I eat, I can feel it. Past 3 days I've eaten very little, less than 2 oz of malt o meal, or 2 oz of yogurt and it just HURTS. I stand in the hot shower and I can feel my stomach slowly relax.

What are the stomach spasms? I burp and it seems to relieve a little but my ribs hurt and all the down, like I can feel it in my intestines?? surly not!

I can drink fine, which is what I've been doing to keep hydrated-Water Water water, but add any food and the pain starts. Last week I had mashed potatos and such without this much pain....my period started and I have intense pains with it too, (endo, but I can't take any meds yet I don't think so I'm dealing with that) but could it be messing with my stomach? I'm not sure what is going on!!

How does gas feel and how does stomach spasms feel for everyone else?

You're only 2 weeks out so I can't really help you with the diet progression because I was on clears for over 2 weeks, and then full liquids for a week or so. I progressed my diet very slowly.

Gas in stomach feels like a trapped feeling behind my sternum, and I rarely have this issue any longer. I did have it in the beginning (3-4 weeks post-op). My stomach never really had spasms either so I'm not sure what they feel like.

If mushies hurt, go back to full liquids. Your stomach may still be swollen and irritated from the trauma of the surgery. If it doesn't subside, contact your surgeon or get to your surgeon to rule out any issues such as a stricture.

My sleeve "feels" a bit tighter right before my period because I retain Water like the Hoover Dam.

Edited by Tiffykins

I am starting my second week post op and I developed a strange pain on my lower left hand side. Not sure if intestine or abdomen, but from what I read it is pretty common. Luckily, I only feel it if I move a certain way. Not sure if gas since I haven't had any real problems! I am doing liquids for 3 weeks, too. Hope I don't have any such issues when I progress to mushies! Please keep posting.

Out of curiosity, have you tried baby food? See if the consistency of the baby food is smoother than what you have been eating? Could there be air trapped in the food you are making?

Good luck and I hope this passes soon!

I think I will try some Maalox or something...finally after 4 days of pain I can finally think of trying some mushies...I really didn't do any full liquids, nothing that sounded or tasted good to me, I've lived on Isopure and water!

I'm hoping it was just eating a semi solid food and it freaked my stomach out. I can't imagine how 2 ounces of yogurt done that--but it hurt like *&^%!

Now I'm just scared to eat anything, I'll be glad with my period is over and I can tell which pain is from which problem! Last night sleeping was awful, the past 4 days I've had to take 3-4 hot bathes and showers to relax my body, it is so tense from the pain. UGH! How did I manage to do so well for 11 days??! I was eating mashed potatos just fine and then BOOM--no no!