Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check up on All Nov sleevers?

I just wanted to do a shout out to all the November sleevers and see how we all were holding up. My surgery was Nov. 19 and doing well. No problems with surgery and Dr. is very happy. I don't see him again for 4 months so I am kind of on my own for a while. I have been on a stall for over 2 weeks and I am trying not to get discouraged because I know I am losing weight. I am having problems getting enough food and Protein down. I hate the Protein Shakes so that has become a huge problem. If I don't watch it i get dizzy and almost faint. But other than that I feel wonderful. Sooo much better. How about you guys?:thumbup1:

hi Mona,

I'm a 11/19 sleever too! I had a rough day yesterday..but all in all i'm feeling much better. I've lost 26 lbs but am definitely seeing a slowdown now. Havent seen a total stall but maybe 1/2 lb drop every 2-3 days. I hate all the dry whey proteins! I found one that I love at GNC, premixed in cans..not cheap but I figure they are basically my largest food expense of the day. Worldwide Protein drink, Cookies and cream and the chocolate. 35 grams Protein, 170 cals and 4 carbs.

I'm still amazed by how little I can eat of solid foods. Experimenting with different foods and combinations now. Although i still can't get my head to understand this..seem like the more calories we eat...under 1000..the faster we lose???

I'm lucky that I don't have to go back to work until Jan 4th (teacher) so I am working hard on being back to 100% in terms of energy !

enjoy the holidays! lets keep in touch ...

Kris

Hello

I was sleeved on November 6, doing great so far. I just feel that I'm eating too many times a day. I have lost 30 pounds. I have been in stall for over 3 weeks..... I feel so bad. I hate Protein shakes too.

Hi all,

It is so great to hear how everyone is doing! What a good idea!

I am a nov 23rd sleever. I checked my weight about 2 weeks ago and it was down 12 lbs. I dont know how much I have lost since then because I havent weighed again. I am trying not to be obsessed with the scale. I know I am looking and feeling better and that is enough for me right now. I am going to start going to the gym after Christmas too so I would just rather see the changes in clothes fitting ( which I have) than worry too much about the number. I had about 60lbs to lose to begin with to get to my goal of 130 so I know its not going to be as dramatic loss in the first months as some people have.

Anyway, I am doing fine with no complications. As of yesterday I am eating anything I want even though officially I wasnt suppossed to start that until the 23rd. I havent had any problems with nausea or vomitting, just a couple of times when I felt slightly uncomfortably full but nothing too bad. I am actually surprised at how well it has all gone. I was prepared for a lot of nausea, and getting sick etc, but it hasnt happened, yet anyway.

I have not been doing the Protein drinks much. As the days progressed they became worse and worse tasting for me. I just decided to really focus on eating soft fish and meat and eggs etc. I have been doing that and I probably am not getting the full 70 grams of Protein in a day, but I looked up the amount of protein in 6 ounces of different meats and it is between 40-55 for various meats and fish. I think now that I am eating solids I should definitely be able to squueze that much in. I just really hate eating those bars and shakes.

I have been filling up on much less and much more easily and find that I just make sure to eat protein, limit sugar and carbs but not eliminate them and I do fine. As far as carbs go I do eat some crackers, and potatoes and rice occasionally but just very little. If I want a treat I do have a cookie but it is amazing how I am satisfied now with just one on those occasions!

I had some problem with not being able to drink big enough sips for myself for a while but I am able to drink bigger sips now than at first and also getting used to taking smaller sips than I used to before surgery so it is all evening out.

I will weigh myself again soon, not sure when but right now I am just enjoying that I notice and everyone around me has noticed that I have lost and that feels positive so Im going with it.

Good luck to everyone else!

I was Nov 19th too! Over all I feel great. I still feel like my energy level is still kind of low. I'm struggling with some depression right now. I know the cause and there is nothing I can do except let time heal. It has nothing to do with my surgery.

I'm down 36 lbs. I had about a 2 week stall but now i'm losing pretty good again. I was getting my Protein and Water in daily but have been slacking on that. Seems to get harder instead of easier like I thought it would

Sometimes I feel that i'm able to eat quite a bit at one setting and it scares me. Other times I eat very little and feel like I will explode. I dont understand the inconsistency there. I'm not going to let it get me down though. I know I eat a HELL of a lot LESS than I used to so I will lose all my extra weight, eventually.

Good luck to all.

i know what you mean about the inconsistency! Its odd that one day I feel like i can eat my little portions and get to feel the energy..and the next I may struggle just to get the basics in. One day at a time!

Sorry you are struggling with depression. It's a tough time for lots of folks! Just remember that you have given yourself this amazing gift and you are gonna ROCK it!

I just tried making sugar free hot choc...tested the temp with a candy thermometer and when it was under 130 i added a scoop of the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored powder. It was yummy! I did make it with fat free milk as well. Trust me..if i even smell the Protein i gag! So this passed the test with flying colors!

enjoy your day!

kris

yup..it tastes great...just make SURE the temp is lower than 130! I guess it clumps otherwise...yucko!

unfortunately i got 2 HUGE tins of gourmet regular hot chocolate from my students! My son will be drinking it after he shovels snow!

k

Hi November Sleevers.. I was sleeved on November 17th and am doing pretty great! I am down 38.5 (no pre-op surgical diet)... and happy to be shrinking. Just this past weekend was the first time someone really looked at me and said.. wow your face looks different.. really good... that was a great feeling! I am still not getting in all my Water.. most days 3 or 4 cups but am hydrated with Protein shakes. If anyone can't stand protein.. try the MUSCLE MILK "milk chocolate" flavor .. it's really yummy... I didn't care for their vanilla or Cookies and cream but the chocolate is great and you can add mint flavoring for "mint choc. chip" and Peanut Butter for Peanut Butter chocolate.. or Decaf coffee for a mocha... it really is good. OH get the "light" .. it's low on carbs!!

Excited for Christmas.. hope you all have a fabulous holiday!

So glad to see the updates from all of you - especially Joon b/c we went together on the 23rd.

I have been doing well. I drink the Odwalla RTD Protein monster and that is 33 g and gets me through the day. I have been eating nibbles of food and chicken has gone down really well. Some days seem harder than others but it is much better than it was at first!

I shoveled some snow yesterday, which was a REALLY DUMB idea. :) I pulled my stomach muscle and then got all paranoid about doing myself harm! Jeez..that was not good.

I am down 26 pounds. I lost 4 on pre-op. I am thrilled b/c I can wear all of my pre-baby clothes and have stuff to wear now. My wardrobe has quadrupled!! I have found that once I started eating more I dropped a lot more weight, really fast. I haven't hit a stall yet...but honestly wouldn't mind it b/c I need time to mentally adjust to this!

Congrats Everyone!

Hi All

I was sleeved 29th November. Im feeling amazing today as i had my first compliments and it was so exciting. Ive lost just over 28lbs but not really focusing on weight too much as i dont feel that im on a diet for the first time in my life.

Im not on any shakes or anything so a little worried about what im eating compared to you lot.

But am making Soups with lots of vegetables and chicken pureed and juice myown fruit and lots of yoghurts (which im sick to death of) To be honest ive been sneaking tiny bites of chocolate in every few days as a treat. (but worried i will get carried away.)

Anyway my november 2009 pals good luck to all and keep posting.

Dalite

xxxxx