Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling really down

Hi Everyone,

I have been feeling really down for the last couple of days nothing physically wrong but just feel miserable, I am 5 weeks post op and haven't really had any problems since my op, perhaps that is partly what is wrong now I am worried that eating is too easy, yesterday I had a very bad day and I ate 3 small bars or chocolate during the course of the day and it didn't make me feel ill at all, this just made me more down.I had hoped that being sleeved would make eating things like chocolate more difficult, but it doesn't have that affect on me.

Does anyone else feel like this ? :lol0:

I'm for sure no expert, since I'm still pre-op, but don't kick yourself while you are down! So you grazed yesterday. Next time, eat your solid Protein first, then the chocolate if you still want it. Maybe you won't feel as deprived.

You are doing great! Look at your weight loss! Reward yourself with something non-food. You have been trying so hard. Do something nice FOR YOU!

If you still feel crappy in a few days, you might think about counseling. It really helps to unload those yucky feelings on someone who is trained to help, and paid to do so!

I wish you the best of luck!

Ren?

I know it's frustrating sometimes, but any of the WLS can be "eaten" around. chocolate is a slider food with zero consequence for most people with the sleeve. I agree with Rene, that you can't beat yourself up for having chocolate. You didn't have this surgery to deprive yourself for the rest of your life.

Think back pre-op, how many of those mini-chocolates would you have eaten? I know I could have eaten an entire package of miniatures pre-op, but now I'm satisfied with 1-2 little pieces. In my humble opinion, that's a fabulous victory in itself.

Look at your success thus far, 36 pounds in 5 weeks is fabulous. 3 mini chocolates aren't going to set you back fully. Start tomorrow off on the right foot, Protein first, then the other stuff.

I'm sorry you are feeling down. Know how that goes. Try to remember that you dont always feel like this, and that you wont feel like this always in the future. Meanwhile, do something very enjoyable for yourself right now today and concentrate on being in the moment to enjoy that activity. Get a pedicure or massage or take a hot bath and then slather yourself silly with some nice scented lotion and watch a fun movie. If you have to work right now, then just focus on one task at a time and get through the day knowing you have these treats planned for later today.

:-)

Thanks ladies for all the possitive words it really made me feel so much better to hear from you all, I really think that having the support here does more for me than anything my medical team does they don't seam that interested now that the surgery is done!

I will pick myself up and go and do something nice tomorrow !

thanks again

just stay away from chocolate. I agree with you that it is easy to eat chocolate but the miracle about the sleeve that you can get this Full feeling after eating half an apple for example or half an orange. You just have to make good choice and you will get this feeling of being saturated with food and after that you want to stay away from food very much. so try some fresh fruit slices next time you are hungry. you are not alone. we can all make bad choices at time. The sleeve will work! Believe in this!

Hi Everyone,

I have been feeling really down for the last couple of days nothing physically wrong but just feel miserable, I am 5 weeks post op and haven't really had any problems since my op, perhaps that is partly what is wrong now I am worried that eating is too easy, yesterday I had a very bad day and I ate 3 small bars or chocolate during the course of the day and it didn't make me feel ill at all, this just made me more down.I had hoped that being sleeved would make eating things like chocolate more difficult, but it doesn't have that affect on me.

Does anyone else feel like this ? :sad0:

Bren

I am 9 days post op. I've had hardly any problems either, and I am very HAPPY because of it. Would you prefer being sick? NOT ME !!! I cheat here and there, but I'm not down about it. I CAN'T eat tons of fried chicken & mashed potatoes or 3 hamburgers or a whole pie. But I CAN eat 2 oz.s of trail mix with chocolate chips in it. I can eat 2 oz of mashed potatoes, 2 oz of refried Beans, I've even pulverized 3 doritos or some pork rhines and eat them. I've taken a bite of pie. Nothing hurt me, I'm fine. But I ate TINY bits, nothing big. The whole purpose of this surgery is to eat SMALLER portions, not deprive yourself the rest of your life.

I don't think anything will stop our cravings, we are all food addicts. You may always have them, BUT you have a tool to make it easier to say no.

I was down the first few days because I still craved, but I wasn't hungry. And for that I am very greatful. I feel good, I'm eating 10 less, HOW could that be bad?

This will take time, it's not a magic fix. Give you self time to get used to it. I have, and it gets better as you go. I've even had a small stall, but I know it won't last, it can't. Our lives will improve so much..I can't wait!

Keep you chin up girl...everything will be alright !!!!:biggrin0: