Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally Onderland and 2 1/2 month update!!!!

Good morning all,

I have been saving my update for this day. This morning, I weighed and the scale read 198.2 lbs. Two days ago, I was 201 lbs! So finally, I am in ONDERLAND and im so happy about that. I was sleeved a little over two months ago on 9/15/09. This has been a good experience for me. I am enjoying this feeling. It has been up and down though....I've had my share of stalls, etc but the key is to stickwith it! So as of today, Ive officially lost 50 lbs since surgery~ I am so excited!!!!!

To everyone that is considering the sleeve and is in limbo- DO IT! Every month when I attend my support group meeting-the people that are sleeved are loosing the most weight-TRUST me! There are some people in there that are banded, etc and have never heard of the sleeve and after the meeting is over they come up to the sleevers saying "I wish I would have known about the sleeve first". There are 4 of us in the support group that are sleeved and ironically- we were all sleeved around the same time. Most of us have lost at least 40 and another girl has lost 60 lbs in 2 months!

The sleeve rocks!

I enjoy not thinking about food all the time. I get full faster and I am satsfied easier.

I dont have not have any pictures at this time but as soon as I take some- I will post.

Just to give you an idea- I started off wearing a tight 1X scrub set now...I am in a medium! Can you believe that? Yes a medium!

This surgery is so worth it! I am getting married in May and I cannot wait to see how I look on that day.

Thanks for listening everyone!

Shanda, I am so happy for you! 50 lbs. in 2 months? WOW!!!! I hope you are rewarding yourself today - you have earned it! Congratulations, and don't forget about the pics!

Shanda - that is so awesome! I am almost 6 months out and have lost 54 - so 50 in 2 months - unbelievably amazing! I can't wait to see your pics and you are going to be so totally awesome in your wedding gown -- I bet you'll have to have it altered significantly! Keep up the good work girl!

Thanks everyone! I am so flipping excited, I couldnt believe my eyes this morning when I hopped on the scale! I am confident that I will never see the 200s again, in life! My first major goal was reached on today! Cant believe it. My second major goal is to get to 190 lbs by New Years Eve! I know it doesnt sound that difficult but trust me, my body does what it wants to do from time to time. LOL And as women we have to consider our monthly cycles because I tend to gain about 3-4 lbs during that time. (Sorry men, that was a TMI).

Let's have a cyber party for ONDERLAND! Woo-Hoo! But we will not be eating any cake only Protein Bars and Protein shakes! lol

:lol0:

P.S. Rene, im so happy that you have your sleeve date- Keep me updated on what hospital you will be in. I would love to come by and give you some support-since we are in the same town. It always help when you have support!

Shanda - that is so awesome! I am almost 6 months out and have lost 54 - so 50 in 2 months - unbelievably amazing! I can't wait to see your pics and you are going to be so totally awesome in your wedding gown -- I bet you'll have to have it altered significantly! Keep up the good work girl!

Thanks Vegas! You are looking awesome these days yourself! I want to personally thank you as well as Tiffy, you guys were the first people to lend support and words of wisdom when I was a pre-op sleever! It really helped me. Your kind words and support are appreciated!

Even when I was two days prior to having surgery and my labs were out of wack (I didnt think that I was going to be sleeved) but you guys helped me out! So my success is your success as well! We are a family and we help each other out, in our time of need!

Your post made me feel so happy! I think you are going to be such a beautiful bride! :lol0:

Thanks NewMom! Its a great feeling. It gives us all hope to see any of us succeed!

Good morning all,

I have been saving my update for this day. This morning, I weighed and the scale read 198.2 lbs. Two days ago, I was 201 lbs! So finally, I am in ONDERLAND and im so happy about that. I was sleeved a little over two months ago on 9/15/09. This has been a good experience for me. I am enjoying this feeling. It has been up and down though....I've had my share of stalls, etc but the key is to stickwith it! So as of today, Ive officially lost 50 lbs since surgery~ I am so excited!!!!!

To everyone that is considering the sleeve and is in limbo- DO IT! Every month when I attend my support group meeting-the people that are sleeved are loosing the most weight-TRUST me! There are some people in there that are banded, etc and have never heard of the sleeve and after the meeting is over they come up to the sleevers saying "I wish I would have known about the sleeve first". There are 4 of us in the support group that are sleeved and ironically- we were all sleeved around the same time. Most of us have lost at least 40 and another girl has lost 60 lbs in 2 months!

The sleeve rocks!

I enjoy not thinking about food all the time. I get full faster and I am satsfied easier.

I dont have not have any pictures at this time but as soon as I take some- I will post.

Just to give you an idea- I started off wearing a tight 1X scrub set now...I am in a medium! Can you believe that? Yes a medium!

This surgery is so worth it! I am getting married in May and I cannot wait to see how I look on that day.

Thanks for listening everyone!

Shanda,

Congratulations!!! You are going to be an incredibly beautiful bride! Your new husband will be so happy for you and so proud! But most important is how deeply happy YOU will be for YOURSELF! All the hard work you are doing is paying off. Keep up the good work!

We were sleeved at about the same time and I have lost 30 lbs since surgery, 48 lbs since starting my pre-surgery diet, but 56 lbs since my highest weight. I seem to be in a stall these past 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not discouraged though...I am losing inches...need to go buy some new underwear because it is starting to fall off me! I've gone from a 4X to a 2X and am feeling so great. What a blessing! This is the BEST Christmas present I have ever given myself.

It's great to be your sleeve sister. Thanks to you and to all the other sleeve sisters and brothers who have helped me on this forum! Y'ALL ARE THE BEST!:lol0::thumbup::lol0:

That is soooooooooo amazing Shanda ! ! ! You've rocked your sleeve, and I definitely can't wait to see new pics.

Congrats on your fast-approaching wedding ! ! !

Woohoo Shanda!!! I am so happy for you. You are going to be a beautiful bride, can't wait to see pictures.

Thanks everyone! You all have been such a great support system! Support is so important to your weight loss success because believe me, sometimes you just feel like giving up (especially when it comes to those stupid scales)!

Today has been a great day! I cannot weight to see the 180s, lol

Thanks a million everyone on this site!

Congrats Shanda!

I was sleeved two weeks after you, I love watching your updates as I am about on the same losing schedule as you (although it's going to take me a little longer to hit onderland) I hope to reach 50lbs loss by Christmas.

You're going to be an absolute beautiful bride....

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new you in onederland!

Edited by GONNALOSEWEIGHT
spelling