Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start my liquid diet tomorrow! Surgery is on the 7th! I went to the doctor today and scheduled it! I am beyond excited and so ready to start this journey!! My grandmom called me yesterday and told me she is going to loan me the money! I am still in shock! :001_rolleyes:

Yay! I am so happy for you!!! Good luck on the pre-op diet, your surgery day will be here before you know it.

Wow! I love your Grandmom! Oh to have a supportive family. Many don't. You are so lucky. Hug Grandma for all of us. Congratulations on you decision. and your Date! Welcome to the loosers bench! We play to loose.LOL

Congratulations on your date and financing! The 7th well be here before you know it.

Hope -that is so awesome about your surgery date and your financing! Give Grandmom a huge hug for all of us and keep us posted on your progress!

thanks everyone! i cant believe its just 2 weeks away! i have been prepping for this day for almost a year now, but it is still hard to believe! lots of hard work and very frustrating phone calls with bone heads has finally paid off lol! i will definitely be keeping everyone posted on my progress and questions!

congratulations!!

That really is a wonderful thing G'ma did for you!! You're a lucky girl! As coroly said- many don't have that support system!

Good for you!! And keep us posted!!

Hope, I am so happy for you! How wonderful to have such a fabulous grandmother who is willing to help you with this!

Dec. 7th huh? Looks like we'll be running the marathon of reaching our goals together, I am also scheduled for the 7th. The closer it gets the more Queasy I feel (My first ever surgery), but I keep telling myself that this is just the first stepm in getting my life back under control...I wish you well, and can't wait to see your progress.

today i went in for my pre registering and pre op blood work, etc. this is such a surreal time in my life! at night is when it really hits me that this is really going to happen! when im laying in bed and everything is quiet, the wheels start turning! its kinda a scary thought! i have had surgeries many times in my life, so its not really that part, just that it is such a drastic move! i have been so cranky and have zero patients the last few days! the liquid diet is really starting to wear on my nerves lol i swear if this was for much longer my mom miiiight lock me out of the house and ill have to sleep with the horses hahahaha just kidding! but really, im glad its only a few more days!

Got home last night, surprisingly hardly any pain at all. The stomach noises are quite annoying already( Doc has me on Nexxium for that), when everybody spoke of drinking slow, they were not kidding! Anything more than an ounce or two at a time and I feel like I have eaten thanksgiving dinner. Hope 4204 how goes it for you??

thats great that you arent having pain! i actually dont have any either, just a little sore! and i totally know what you are saying about the stomach rumbling! sounds like thunder in my belly! and as far as drinking slowly, i am having a hard time with that part but its getting better! i still sometimes take too big of a drink and have to spit some out before swallowing! it kinda sucks that i cant quench my thirst in one drink, but hopefully that i something that will get easier! have you been hungry at all? i have not! i tried eating some Jello and just couldnt do it. so im sticking with just staying hydrated!

That is good to hear. I'm having the same problem with the Jell-O. I'm good with the Water, the broth, and the popsicles. Thank goodness this forum exists....having this as a resource, and for advice has made this process so much easier. most importantly it is great to be able to compare notes with someone that is going through the same procedure.

Congrats to you both!!

It's great that you two have each other to compare notes with! It makes it much more reassuring that it's "normal"... if there is such a word!!

Welcome to the losers side!! Glad to have you!!

aw thanks chancie!! i have seen a few of your posts on here and a big congrats to you as well! this surgery is such a wonderful tool! im only 4 days out, but am already feeling like this is the best decision i have ever made for myself! i have had so many times already where i would have before surgery pigged out on Cookies and candy and all sorts of bad stuff, that today i can just walk past those yummy looking cookies and not think about it again!