Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days until we leave!

Only 2 days before newmom and I will be heading out! I had my last day at work today and as is murphy's law had sooooo much to do all of a sudden. Going to have to have some phone calls tomorrow but mostly dine until after Thanksgiving. So I find myself wondering again and again how is it possible to have weight loss stalls when your calorie intake is so low? I mean, have you heard of anyone who has just flat out failed with this surgery in the absence of complications? And no, even though its 2 am I am not up because of nerves, I'm up because our new puppy is getting on my freakin nerves because he wont settle down and go to sleep! I'm so irritated at the nanny for not taking him on a walk today because now I am the one who cant sleep all night. For some reason, it is only me who can't ignore the whining...I guess its a mom thing.

Joon,

You are not the only one awake at this time of night. My pain medication for my knee wore off at about 15 minutes ago and my pain woke me up. My cat is annoyed with me for waking her up to move her out of my way so that I could get out of bed.

You will be doing so well in a few days that all the stress about the surgery and getting the time off work will seem like unnecessary overkill anxiety. I am 21 days out and have had no pain, no problems with adjusting to the sipping and continuous drinking of Water. I have had no hunger and feel great. My blood sugars have been easy to control. Life is great. Enjoy your time off.

Norma, Ugh! I am so sorry about your knee! I hope that your knee is pain free as soon as possible. Thanks for the encouraging words. I keep convincing myself that I am nervous about anything other than the surgery when in reality that is probably what it is. SOO glad to have found this forum to talk to.

Joon - yes, I believe it is a mom thing not being able to ignore a baby (of any type) that cries. Frustrating, I know. We were puppy sitting for a while and he would whine - Bearded slept right through it, and me, I was awake listening to him!

As for the surgery failing - everyone has those thoughts - it won't happen -- you have stalls because your body needs time to readjust to all the changes it is going through - hormonal, major surgery, drastic decrease in calories -- eventually it catches up and you're on the road to weight loss.

We're glad you found us, too! Read all the posts -have you seen anyone who the sleeve isn't working for? You aren't going to be the first one - relax and look forward to a new, healthier, happier YOU.

Angel, Thank you! I know you are right, I keep searching for some evidence of someone who has not been successful and it isnt there! I will just keep trying to relax. I need to do a little yoga I think every day. Thats funny about the puppy sitting...it totally is a mom thing! What cruel force of nature programmed us this way ( hehe). I think I am actually less worried about myself and more worried about my family being here without me. As if they cant possibly survive without me, which is ridiculous because they have many times and can. Actually, I even went to a prep kitchen and prepared a bunch of meals with my 5 yr old daughter ( who thought it was the greatest time ever) to keep in the freezer for them and our wonderful nanny/housekeeper will cook them so they are ready when my husband gets home. There is nothing to worry about...yet, I worry. I love that you call him "bearded"! I think I only actually use my husband and daughters real names when I am mad. Otherwise they are Lovie, Bubs, Noon, Bongo etc. I think I have programmed so that they will answer to practically any verbalization that remotely resembles a summons. It runs in the family though. My sister called her husband Daisy for years until they were in Home Depot one day and their then 4 yr old son called out "daisy!" and my brother in law replied and noticed the looks he got from all the other tough dads. After that he banned her from calling him daisy and requested to be referred to with only tough sounding names like "rocky" or "bruiser" which is extra hilarious because he is 6'2 and willowy strong and looks every part the pretty boy attorney that he is.

I am sooooooooo nervous. I just went and got my cashier's check, however.

My nerves around the surgery are one thing, but I am also worried about my husband and baby here alone! :mad: And I am still freaking about that stupid meeting I have to go to 10 days after surgery. I'm really afraid I'll have a super embarrassing moment during it! :sad0:

I feel so overwhelmed. I am constantly wishing that it would be this time next week. But I know it will be over with soon enough, right?

Hey Ladies, do we need to bring wireless bras? I have seen some comments about that but it didnt strike me till now. Plus Nina never mentioned it.....

Rosebud2 warned me about the bra thing before surgery - I asked Dr. Aceves is he could make the incision below that line and his response was "That's the spot where I retract the liver, if I can make it lower I will, if I can't, I won't" -- Luckily, he was able to make it a little lower and my bra never rubbed on it or bothered it at all - so just to be on the safe side, you might want to put one non-underwire bra in your suitcase and just mention to Dr. Aceves about making the incision lower - he may not be a able to, but if he is aware of it, he'll do it if he can. Hope that helps!

That's hilarious about your brother-in-law. I call him Bearded on here because he posts - BeardedItalian and so everyone knows him as Bearded!

My nerves around the surgery are one thing, but I am also worried about my husband and baby here alone! :( And I am still freaking about that stupid meeting I have to go to 10 days after surgery. I'm really afraid I'll have a super embarrassing moment during it! :)

Newmom - quit stressing - you're wasting needless energy on things you can't control - on top of that - stress raises your BP and can cause you to have diarhea, so the one thing you don't want may be brought on by your stress and nothing else -- 10 days out from surgery you should be okay.

Newmom, you need to stop worrying about everything. You will be fine. I was back to work in a week with 28 five year olds. No problems.

Very good to know! Thanks! I'm packed and leave in the am. Can't wait to be back home with my little baby, though. See you there Joon.

Joon and Newmom - you'll be in our thoughts and prayers - keep us posted on your progress and your surgery experience when you're able to do so. Tell Dr. Aceves and his staff all of his patients from VST say "HI" ...