Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spin classes

were invented by the devil himself ! ! ! I am so very out of shape, and could NOT even remotely keep up. I did stay for the entire class, but there is no way that I have the stamina, nor leg strength to do the entire routine.

I went in today to do my strength training program, but the physical coordinator talked me into her spin class. I told her I really wanted to do my strength training, and she was like "ohhh do it afterwards, it's just a 40 minute class." My cheerful self says "okay, sure what could it hurt."

Well let me tell you, IT HURT EVERYTHING. My thighs were burning, my calves were aching, and not to mention the pain in my nether regions from the "saddle" of the bike. I am supposed to do a Spin class at least once a week, and hopefully I can get better as the weeks goes by. I was able to get in half of my strength training routine, but I still have to do my Ab work out tonight.

This working out thing is a big eye opener to just how out of shape I am. Plus, it proves even though I've lost a bunch of weight, I am totally out of shape and need to really focus on toning, and burning the rest of this fat off my body.

Stick with it, a spin class followed by your weights routine will really bring results.

People just dont realise how hard cardio has to be to bring really good weight loss results. Walking and such, it all works for quite a while, so I'm not suggesting anyone is slack or wasting their time. But quality cardio like spinning plus strength training will bring you weight loss and body results you couldnt imagine.

It is so very worth it and when you ARE in shape, spin classes are awesome fun. You learn to love the feeling of pushing your body beyond its limits.

Stick with it, a spin class followed by your weights routine will really bring results.

People just dont realise how hard cardio has to be to bring really good weight loss results. Walking and such, it all works for quite a while, so I'm not suggesting anyone is slack or wasting their time. But quality cardio like spinning plus strength training will bring you weight loss and body results you couldnt imagine.

It is so very worth it and when you ARE in shape, spin classes are awesome fun. You learn to love the feeling of pushing your body beyond its limits.

Thanks ! ! ! I'm definitely sticking with it. I just don't think I can fit both the spinning and strength training program into the same morning/time frame. The strength training is targeted weight lifting. It's quite interesting that I can carry in 40lbs of groceries/dog food/ or even carried around 100 extra pounds pre-op, but now doing 30lb chest press or preacher curls just about kill me.

I'll be interested to see my measurements in 8 weeks. They measure us on an 8 week cycle, and I can only hope that I get results. I know it takes time, but I hope to see some results in that amount of time.

yikes Tiffy! spin and strength on one day and right after each other? wowo you are just superwoman. I am up to 20 min. non stop on the bike level 1 still but my heart rate is up over 100 by 2 min. I do not know when I will get to a spin class stage. 2011? ahahah. anyway keep up the good work . the soreness wears off but the results stay, right? Please oh please oh please.

Way to go Tiff! Spinning has always scared me. It's so great that you are dedicated to your new routine...it's very inspirational.

I am impressed Tiffy! I have no desire what so ever to try spin classes. They always ask me and I always say, "spin classes are not for me"

I would rather jog on the treadmill any day.

Oh, they're fun! But they ARE pretty hard. Especially that stand up sit down stuff they make you do, there's real danger of your legs simply giving up and you falling off the bike!

Tiff, its funny what you can do in real life v what you can do in the gym, isnt it? I can carry a 50 lb six year old right through a shopping centre but I tried to do a chin up and boot camp and couldnt even get an inch off the ground! My trainer said "oh women dont use their biceps much" and I thought, are you kidding? I'm always carrying cats, kids, groceries, putting bikes in and out of the car, moving the Water filled basketball ring to sweep under it, etc.

How is the spin class going?

We were on vacation in West Virginia for Thanksgiving. We just got home last night around 1 in the morning.

I should be able to hit up the spin class tomorrow around 11.

Tiff did spin classes get easier and easier?

I haven't gone back to be perfectly honest. I skipped most of December for working due to the blood clot in my leg taking forever to resolve.

I traded spin class for some Hip Hop Abs to get in my one day of cardio. I just do not have enough strength built up to handle the spin class. I may try it out again in February once I build up more stamina and true muscle strength.

those spin classes look and sound like the devil his self. when i am doing to eliptical i hear the instructor yelling at those people spinning and I think why would you put yourself through that. there is a class that i wanted to start on monday but i never called because i didn't know how much it would cost and who the instructor would be. well good look building your stamina back up. you are a true inspration to me.