Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I have been lurking around for a couple weeks and decided to share my story! I am a 22 year old in my first year of law school. I have been overweight my whole life. I am 360 pounds and ready to finally change to a healthier lifestyle. I am getting sleeved on Dec 22 and am extremely nervous, but have found all of your information soo helpful! I'm especially nervous about having to do this through the holiday season/ my birthday, especially since I will probably be in the hospital while my family celebrates on christmas eve. I hope that this is the best decision I've made! I look forward to being part of this web community!

Welcome to VST! Congratulations on making a decision to become a healthier person. Good luck on the rest of your pre-op journey, I'm sure you'll do great through the holidays, your sleeve won't let you have the choice.

Pink - WELCOME to our VST family - we're so very happy to have you join us. Congratulations on taking this journey now, instead of later - you will be thrilled at the results you will achieve. What a great Christmas gift to give yourself. Think how great you'll look when you're an attorney and arguing a case before a jury -- you will be one hot mamma!

Welcome to the forum! Its normal to be nervous, but it will be worth it in the end! Congrats on your decision to be a healthier, happier you in 2010!

Hi all- I'm a newbie too. I came here looking for inspiration and support. I have found a lot of inspiration. I need support because I am not telling my family about my surgery. They are loving but not supportive. They have noticed a little weight loss but haven't a clue. Whenever I get some courage to share details they say something like, "Let me take that _____ out of your way since you're finally staring to lose weight, and it's about time."Fill in the blank with any type of food. I will be sleeved on November 24th at South Bay Kaiser. So far I a bit scared but excited to start my jouney. Thanks for letting me lurk around and gain inspiration from your stories and advice.

Welcome to the forum. You will be fine with the sleeve. It was one of my best decisions. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

My family wasn't thrilled about my decision, but they are fine with it now. They just love me and want the best for me. I'm losing weight very fast with the sleeve and am really glad I did it. Your family will come around ....they'll have to after you have it done.

Hi all- I'm a newbie too. I came here looking for inspiration and support. I have found a lot of inspiration. I need support because I am not telling my family about my surgery. They are loving but not supportive. They have noticed a little weight loss but haven't a clue. Whenever I get some courage to share details they say something like, "Let me take that _____ out of your way since you're finally staring to lose weight, and it's about time."Fill in the blank with any type of food. I will be sleeved on November 24th at South Bay Kaiser. So far I a bit scared but excited to start my jouney. Thanks for letting me lurk around and gain inspiration from your stories and advice.

Families mean well, but they go about it all wrong. . . I guess it's because they can say whatever and even though it hurts us, they know we'll forgive them. . . they are our family after all. . . I'm glad you decided to join us. . . I'm not sleeved yet either, but am seeing my doctor, nutritionist, and shrink tomorrow, I'm going to propose a date of either Dec 28 or 29 and if not then January it will be. . . .being scared is normal. Like I've mention to the forum many times this will be my 18th major surgery and I'm still here, and I'm still nervous about it too. . . but we go on, live our lives and with this at least we'll be happy right! Good luck and we're here for whenever you need us. . .