Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin timing?..Protien?

Hi..i was wondering what would be the best time to take all my vitamis. I do 2 grams of Omega 3, 1 gram of Vitamin C, Niacin, a daily Vitamin and a few others. I have read absorption depends on may variables such as liquid intake prior or after, lying down etc..All too complicated! Is there someone familiar with the best time to insure my Vitamins are being absorbed 100% by my body? Thanks..oh and when can i start, i am 6 days post op on clear liquids...can someone suggest a good protien source? Im worried about losing muscle mass. :thumbup:

I'm taking no solid pills for 3 months by recommendation of Dr Aceves. I crush up my thyroid pill and take it on an empty stomach with Water when I first get up. After 1/2 hour I dissolve my nexium in a small amount of Water and take it. After another half hour I have Breakfast and take liquid Vit D and a sublingual B12, and dissolve my blood pressure pill in water, and take it with Breakfast.

I stopped the big horse pills preoperatively...multivit, glucosamine, and Calcium, because they taste so nasty dissolved that I could vomit. Am going to find an alternative for calcium citrate because it is essential I believe. (anyone know of an alternative to the pill? I drink Vitamin water all day that has some of the usual multivits in it...not as much as the pill but it will do for now.

Dr Aceves gives his patients some sublingual Toradol for pain, and I have used a few of those...awesome drug. Also have used gas x lozenges.

3 months seems like a long time but I am guarding my sleeve to avoid any complications. So far, so good! Some of those horse pills are so nasty I can't imagine my sleeve being happy having them sit inside it for 5-10 minutes while they try to break up and melt. Yucko.

For Protein in the clear liquid stage, try Isopure zero calorie. Various flavors. I add some to my Vitamin water because I find it tastes nasty by itself. I get about 10 gms Protein per 20 oz bottle of vitamin water.

The main thing is to take your Calcium away from your Iron. Actually calcium inhibits the absorption of a lot of things, so that's why I only take calcium with Vitamin D and Magnesium (which help with the absorption of calcium). You should take the other stuff within 2 hours of taking the calcium.

If you take Iron, Vitamin C helps with it's absorption. I don't take Iron. The stuff in my multi is enough for me.

Your calcium should be calcium citrate, btw, not carbonate.

Thanks for taking the time to answer...I live in Costa Rica now and my resources are a bit limited..GRR

I miss my Omega 3's, love those horse pills!

Thanks

I am now Lactose Intolerant; so I drink Oh Yeah Protein (lactose free). An 8 oz. bottle has 18 grams of protein. I love the Cookies and cream and chocolate. The strawberries n cream is okay and so is the vanilla. the banana creme is nasty to me. :scared0:

Hmmmm... never heard of it - do you order it online or buy it in the stores? Is it really thick? I might want to check it out if I can find it - more info please!

closewindow.gifOhYeah!? RTD Cookies & CremeNutrition FactsServing Size: 14 fl oz (414 mL) Servings Per Container: 11pix.gifAmount Per Serving % DV*1pix.gifCalories 220 Calories from Fat 80Total Fat 9g14% Saturated Fat 1g5% Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 20mg7%Sodium 350mg15%Potassium 490mg14%Total Carbohydrate 4g1% Dietary Fiber 1g4% Sugars 3gProtein 32g64%1pix.gifVitamin A25%Vitamin C25%Calcium70%Iron25%Vitamin D25%Vitamin E25%Vitamin K25%Thiamine25%Riboflavin25%Niacin25%Vitamin B625%Folate25%Vitamin B1225%Biotin25%Pantothenic Acid25%Phosphorus45%Iodine25%Magnesium25%Zinc25%Selenium25%Copper25%Manganese25%Chromium25%Molybdenum25%1pix.gif* Percent Daily Values Based On A 2,000 Calorie Diet. Ingredients: Filtered Water, Diafiltered Skim Milk, OhYeah!? Proprietary Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate, whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate), And Less Than 2% Of: Sunflower, Safflower and/or Canola Oil, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Sucralose, Salt, Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Zinc Amino Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Phytomenadione, Potassium Iodide, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Chloride, Copper Amino Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamine, Manganese Sulfate), Lactase, Acesulfame Potassium, Datem.

Contains: Milkclosewindow.gif

info@ohyeahnutrition.com

I love the Oh Yeah mint choc. Protein bars. I bought a box in Las Vegas but I haven't ordered them online. I am going to look at GNC while i am here in Arizona.

I take calcium citrate chewables that I get from vitacost.com. they are kind of sweet, but I just chew gum as soon as I chew them up. It's better than having more pills to take. I don't like vitacost's chewable mulit Vitamin. As soon as I am done with the bottle, I am switching to Costco's adult Gummy Vitamins.

I'm taking no solid pills for 3 months by recommendation of Dr Aceves. I crush up my thyroid pill and take it on an empty stomach with Water when I first get up. After 1/2 hour I dissolve my nexium in a small amount of Water and take it. After another half hour I have breakfast and take liquid Vit D and a sublingual B12, and dissolve my blood pressure pill in water, and take it with breakfast.

I stopped the big horse pills preoperatively...multivit, glucosamine, and Calcium, because they taste so nasty dissolved that I could vomit. Am going to find an alternative for calcium citrate because it is essential I believe. (anyone know of an alternative to the pill? I drink Vitamin water all day that has some of the usual multivits in it...not as much as the pill but it will do for now.

Dr Aceves gives his patients some sublingual Toradol for pain, and I have used a few of those...awesome drug. Also have used gas x lozenges.

3 months seems like a long time but I am guarding my sleeve to avoid any complications. So far, so good! Some of those horse pills are so nasty I can't imagine my sleeve being happy having them sit inside it for 5-10 minutes while they try to break up and melt. Yucko.

For Protein in the clear liquid stage, try Isopure zero calorie. Various flavors. I add some to my Vitamin water because I find it tastes nasty by itself. I get about 10 gms Protein per 20 oz bottle of vitamin water.

You are so dedicated to your sleeve Cajun! That is so nice to see. . once I get mine, I'll probably be like that too. . . I only take lasix and amiloride at this time and of course a ton of Ibuprophen (800mg x 3 per day) for all the pain I have caused by obesity (ugh) I have a gut of steel been doing the Ibuprophen for over 2 years now religiously! :scared0: I hope it's still there when surgery day comes! :lol0: hopefully I'll be able to ditch those meds soon! Keep up the good work cajun!

i love the oh yeah mint choc. Protein bars. I bought a box in las vegas but i haven't ordered them online. I am going to look at GNC while i am here in arizona.

you did? Where the heck was i?

closewindow.gifOhYeah!? RTD Cookies & CremeNutrition FactsServing Size: 14 fl oz (414 mL) Servings Per Container: 11pix.gifAmount Per Serving % DV*1pix.gifCalories 220 Calories from Fat 80Total Fat 9g14% Saturated Fat 1g5% Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 20mg7%Sodium 350mg15%Potassium 490mg14%Total Carbohydrate 4g1% Dietary Fiber 1g4% Sugars 3gProtein 32g64%1pix.gifVitamin A25%Vitamin C25%Calcium70%Iron25%Vitamin D25%Vitamin E25%Vitamin K25%Thiamine25%Riboflavin25%Niacin25%Vitamin B625%Folate25%Vitamin B1225%Biotin25%Pantothenic Acid25%Phosphorus45%Iodine25%Magnesium25%Zinc25%Selenium25%Copper25%Manganese25%Chromium25%Molybdenum25%1pix.gif* Percent Daily Values Based On A 2,000 Calorie Diet. Ingredients: Filtered Water, Diafiltered Skim Milk, OhYeah!? Proprietary Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate, whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate), And Less Than 2% Of: Sunflower, Safflower and/or Canola Oil, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Sucralose, Salt, Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Zinc Amino Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Phytomenadione, Potassium Iodide, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Chloride, Copper Amino Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamine, Manganese Sulfate), Lactase, Acesulfame Potassium, Datem.

Contains: Milkclosewindow.gif

info@ohyeahnutrition.com

Thanks Norma -- how can it be lactose free if it contains milk?

you did? Where the heck was i?

''

You were with me! We went to GNC. I bought some other stuff there too. They did not have them at the GNC here in AZ but they had them at HiHealth so I picked up another box today!