Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So was reading and posting to a thread last night about NSV and lots of us were saying how we've been going through our closet and how we've pulled so many items out that are now too big for us. That got me to thinking maybe we should start a thread where those who have clothes they've "shrunk" out of would like to donate to those who need something in a specific size because they are "shrinking" out of the size they have.

Anyone interested in something like that? I am sending a box of my clothes to another member on this board.

I don't know of any consignment shops in my area and I ate to just give them to goodwill when they are in such good shape -so I would much rather give them to someone who can use them and then pass them along when they are too big for them too.

Just a thought!

I think that is a fabulous idea!

We are going to start doing that here in Saskatoon.

Our support groups will start the first Wed in November,

and will be open for anyone who has had sleeve weight loss surgery, and we plan on doing a clothes exchange at those meetings.

so we will need to clean out our closets just before the Nov meeting, I hope I will have some to take, (no, need positive thinking here) I KNOW I will have some to take along with me.

So maybe members who have clothing to get rid of should post what they have here - and those who are needing smaller clothes, but are still losing and don't want to spend a fortune on new clothes, can post what sizes they are looking for.

Then those members can PM each other to work out all the details - e.g., mailing address, postage (who is going to pay), etc., etc.

Does that sound like it would work okay?

Ok everyone. I know there are a lot of nurses on this board. I have about a dozen pairs of scrub pants, almost brand spanking new in all colors, size XL, about to go to goodwill. I have a few jackets also. If anyone is interested in these, PM me, I will gladly send them to you!

Thanks for participating Linda - I think in the long run this will really help everyone out - we get rid of the clothes and someone else saves some money on having to buy clothes that they won't be in all that long - then they can pay it forward too!

great Idea!!

I gave most of my REALLY big clothes to a friend, but I have a few 22, 18 and 16 pants that I moved into my spare bedroom closet. Lots of shirts, button ups all colors........... just message me if your interested! I changed sizes so quickly ... that they are hardly worn!

Thanks for participating Chancie - now I hope others take advantage of the opportunity to receive clothes and contact those offering to provide them ... let me know if you hear from someone (don't give names, just if others take you up on your offer) - same for you Skinny and Linda

This is a great idea Vegas. I will be needing lg. tops soon instead of 1X. I'm only 5'1'' and have to wear short pants or capris. I'm going into size 20 or below. I am down 14lbs already.

I would be happy to pay postage. Thanks.

This is a great idea. I have 2 closets full of 26-28 clothes that I can not wait to get rid of. My surgery is in 2 months so will post as soon as I lose:)

Lolalucy - welcome to the forums and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Thanks for be willing to participate in the "recycling"!

I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this thread!!!

I have a huge bag full of size 24, 26, and some 28 clothes that I am planning to donate to Good Will, but would love to pass on if anyone need them. A lot of it is from Lane Bryant, Avenue, and a couple of things from Kohl's.

Message me if you'd like them!

Chancie, I am definitely going to need some 20,18 and 16 size clothing. Let me how we can make an exchange. I will definitely pay for postage but not sure how you want to work out the clothing.

Hi Mona-

I've been pretty busy with my car being wrecked, so I havn't had time to really go thru all my things. I have some promised already and I did get rid of the larger sizes, so I'll send you a PM and we can talk more. Didn't want you to think I was just ignoring this post.

Talk to you soon!