Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Canadians out there?

Did I read that some sleevers were planning a little get to gether in the Edmonton area????!!! AWESOME! I would so be there...let me know...I enjoy meeting new people...I was sleeved in November 2009...wow...thats almost 2yrs ago...

Did I read that some sleevers were planning a little get to gether in the Edmonton area????!!! AWESOME! I would so be there...let me know...I enjoy meeting new people...I was sleeved in November 2009...wow...thats almost 2yrs ago...

It's today! Can you make it downtown? So far its just myself and BlackBerryJuice :)

Hi again,

The cost for me at Puget Sound Surgical was a little over $17 000. It's only been two weeks, but so far best money I have ever spent!

The Richmond Team are very nice. I've seen Dr.Sampath for my initial consult in January and thought he was very nice. I go back to Vancouver in May to see the internist and Diatition. Was able to have my ultra sound and Scope done here in PG. Hoping that the Phsyciatric appointment can also be done here.

Hi fellow Canadians.

I live in Calgary Alberta. I will be having my surgery on July 27 in Red Deer, AB with Dr. Lawrence Farries as my surgeon. He runs a provincially paid weight loss clinic and only accepts 200 patients a year. He is quite difficult to get in to see, but once you do, you are almost assured to have surgery. I will be having my VSG, gallbladder removed and a hernia repaired.

If any one has any questions, please feel to PM me.

Sheila

Hello, I just found this Forum on the Sleeve Talk website and was wondering if there were any fellow Canadians out there. I am waiting for my first appointment Nov 16th in Victoria with Dr Amson. I want to have the VSG and hopefully asap. The wait is about three years, from what I've been told, and unless I can find 15,000 dollars somewhere I'll be waiting it out LoL. I'd love to here from you!:patriot:

hello, i am from sask, Canada. I had my vsg surgery on June.21st/2011! i am a new sleever. I had an amazing 3rd world class doc do my surgery in Mexico. His name is Dr. Almanza at Jerusalemhospital.

Hi

I am from Surrey BC. I am going to Bellingham WA. Pudget Sound Medical centre. Self pay is about 16k. Self Pay is not a long weight.

K

I am from Ontario and I am looking to find someone on here that has been through the referal process from their doctor into the registery?

I live in Chilliwack...I haven't had it done yet, but have a surgery date of Nov. 14

I live in surrey bc too. Would love too talk with someone that had it done

I live in Chilliwack...I haven't had it done yet, but have a surgery date of Nov. 14

Oh I am really happy that you have your date set now, I sure wish I did. I am trying to find someone that lives in Ontario going through OHIP to have the surgery paid for. It seems like a long process to go through but if it works out I wont have to pay for the surgery which would be nice. How long did it take before you got your date? Have you had all your tests done yet?

Hello, i had my sleeve on June.21/11 in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Almanza, at jerusalem hospital. Dr. Almanza is rated 2nd best world class bariatric surgeon in the world. I am from Prince Albert, saskatchewan canada. I am 30yrs old. HAd a lovely experience, i am going back later on for cosmetic surgery. I have lost 30 lbs so far! I paid $4500.00 for the surgery. i got in right away:) If u have anymore questions feel free!B)

I'm canadian.. live in Ontario. I had my sleeve done in Mexico last week, but not with Almanza. I realize what I am about to say is second-hand, but it is from 2 other surgeons mouths and from having a friend who went with Almanza in February who has had nothing but problems. They all say... Don't go there. You have other options. Go to a hospital setting. Don't end up with complications and problems. I realize you are waiting to have this done at home, but if you do consider Mexico please do your research and be very diligent and speak to many, many people. Be smart! People who boast about how great Almanza is, or ANY surgeon for that matter could work for that surgeon and be getting paid to get you there. If I told you all the things I learned while away you would be stunned! The people who work for the surgeons, the surgeons themselves and the companies that promote wls all know about this forum and are free to join up and write whatever they want to. Just be smart :)

OH SO I GUESS THAT MAKES ME DUMB! HAHAA WHATEVER!!!!!!!NOBODY SHOULD TAKE ADVICE SECOND HAND, GO RIGHT TO THE SOURCE! WOW,

Hello, i had my sleeve on June.21/11 in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Almanza, at jerusalem hospital. Dr. Almanza is rated 2nd best world class bariatric surgeon in the world. I am from Prince Albert, saskatchewan canada. I am 30yrs old. HAd a lovely experience, i am going back later on for cosmetic surgery. I have lost 30 lbs so far! I paid $4500.00 for the surgery. i got in right away:) If u have anymore questions feel free!B)

Hi, I live in Chilliwack too and was sleeved in MX with Dr Aceves on Aug 17, 2011.

Feeling great, no problems, just can't eat much and finding it hard to find that cut off point.

Feel free to contact me.

Sal