Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Canadians out there?

Hello, I just found this Forum on the Sleeve Talk website and was wondering if there were any fellow Canadians out there. I am waiting for my first appointment Nov 16th in Victoria with Dr Amson. I want to have the VSG and hopefully asap. The wait is about three years, from what I've been told, and unless I can find 15,000 dollars somewhere I'll be waiting it out LoL. I'd love to here from you!:patriot:

I hope your appointment went well (yesterday was the 16th). I couldn't wait the 3 years and ended up going down to Mexico to have the surgery (VGS) only 5k and a great experience down there. Little pain and have only been sick once when I ate about 1 bite too much of my pureed foods!

IM CANADIAN TOO IM HAVING MINE DONE BY DOCTOR EMMANUEL SOMETIME IN NOVEMBER I HAVENT BOOKED IT YET. I am rather doing this to lose 15-20lbs and actually keep it off, im tired of yo yo ing i dont wanna be puttin on and losing th same 30lbs anymore. anyone else going in NOVEMBER to Tijuana Mexico?

I went to TJ October 22nd to have my surgery. Great experience, felt comfortable, safe and Ready!!! After surgery, a little pain, a little uncomfortable (stitches right at the edge of my "roll of fat'' so everyonce in a while I felt a pull. other than that everything was great!

im canadian from vancouver... just went got sleeved monday in edmonds wa with dr billings ....expensive but worth every penny and great aftercare

There is another Dr doing the sleeve in Richmond.

Dr. Nam Hoang Nguyen

207-6051 Gilbert Road

Richmond, BC

604-276-0952

I asked my GP for a referral just last week. Now I am waiting for a call from their office for an appointment.

Cheers

Hi everyone!

I had the surgery in Mexico October 22 2010. So far I have lost 25 pounds. Very fast weight loss the first two weeks then almost flatline! however i was told that if you have your period dont expect weightloss (had that) but it was still discouraging. Then started losing weight again and went in for knee surgery! I know with not being able to walk all that much or do any exercising for the next couple of weeks I will be discouraged again with the lack of weightloss however I havent cheated once and know that this is the start of a new life and am excited for that!!

Its been a month since the surgery and I know that I can start on solids however I just dont feel ready! still only eating a few bites of pureed foods. the thicker the foods the less I can have of it. but if its a broth Soup i can have about a cup (over 20 minutes)

is there anyone else out there that didnt start solids right away? I have been sick twice because of eating too much. Really probably one bite too much and it didnt sit well at all, so much pain. And I dont want that with eating solids.

Thanks for the replies!

Aimee

Hi there! I had a VSG in Regina on December 13 , 2010, so I'm one week post and so far, so good. I am the first VSG patient in Saskatchewan, so I'm looking for people in Canada that have had the it, are waiting for it, and anyone else. The surgery went well, and the doctor was very pleased with the results. I'm covered in huge purple bruises - but otherwise feel pretty good. I lost 20 pounds in the 2 weeks pre-surgery and am no sure how much since. My scale has decided not to work!

Anyway, the long story is that I'm really having a tough time with the 2 week post-surgery liquid diet. I'm hungry and bored of drinking Protein shakes. Everything tastes the same. Help!!! I was told I can try mashed potatoes & gravy at Christmas and then start adding yogurt, cottage cheese etc. afer that, but I need some help to make it another week. Anyone else out there struggling? Any support/advice is welcome.

Hi everyone!

I had the surgery in Mexico October 22 2010. So far I have lost 25 pounds. Very fast weight loss the first two weeks then almost flatline! however i was told that if you have your period dont expect weightloss (had that) but it was still discouraging. Then started losing weight again and went in for knee surgery! I know with not being able to walk all that much or do any exercising for the next couple of weeks I will be discouraged again with the lack of weightloss however I havent cheated once and know that this is the start of a new life and am excited for that!!

Its been a month since the surgery and I know that I can start on solids however I just dont feel ready! still only eating a few bites of pureed foods. the thicker the foods the less I can have of it. but if its a broth Soup i can have about a cup (over 20 minutes)

is there anyone else out there that didnt start solids right away? I have been sick twice because of eating too much. Really probably one bite too much and it didnt sit well at all, so much pain. And I dont want that with eating solids.

Thanks for the replies!

Aimee

Hi there! I had a VSG in Regina on December 13 , 2010, so I'm one week post and so far, so good. I am the first VSG patient in Saskatchewan, so I'm looking for people in Canada that have had the it, are waiting for it, and anyone else. The surgery went well, and the doctor was very pleased with the results. I'm covered in huge purple bruises - but otherwise feel pretty good. I lost 20 pounds in the 2 weeks pre-surgery and am no sure how much since. My scale has decided not to work!

Anyway, the long story is that I'm really having a tough time with the 2 week post-surgery liquid diet. I'm hungry and bored of drinking Protein shakes. Everything tastes the same. Help!!! I was told I can try mashed potatoes & gravy at Christmas and then start adding yogurt, cottage cheese etc. afer that, but I need some help to make it another week. Anyone else out there struggling? Any support/advice is welcome.

Congratulations!!!

I love love love, almost 2 months in and still love it, Vitamin Water. when I was at your stage i would drink about half a container (comes in 591 ml) a day (as well as some water) it comes in a whole bunch of flavors and if you have it really really cold it feels like a treat!

I stopped losing weight (like i said, i had knee surgery) for almost a week and a half, and for a week before that I was slow to lose weight. So I sat back and thought what am I doing differently now that is preventing me from losing weight when it flew off a few weeks ago. It may not be true or not but I stopped drinking the Vitamin Water, this week i had started drinking it again(only because i love it!) and I've lost 6 pounds this week!

I couldnt really do the shakes...I got bored. I had broth, i made instant Soup and strained out the noodles, I had Jello! sooo good!

There is a blog out there that you should read, it helped me out with any stage you are in (the blogger had the surgery herself and is a foodie and has tried to make great recipes) www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com . Check it out!

You have lost a great amount of weight since your surgery, Congratulations!!

Is there any advice out there you can give to help me lose like you have? are you exercising? if so doing what? anything will help! Thanks!!

Aimee aka Radish!

Edmonton here

Congrats! You were the first?? How long were you on a waiting list? I just found out about this procedure a couple of months ago and I'm not interested in waiting years to get it done here. I wish I had done it years ago, so I could have been enjoying life more. I didn't know they did VSG in Regina? I'm looking at Mexico, just can't make up my mind with who. I met Dr. Pompa the other day in Saskatoon and it was very nice to meet her personally and listen to her mini-seminar. The only thing holding me back is the price that weightlossforever is charging. Even though the facilities are optimum and the support is great...I could get a VSG, Tummy Tuck and breast enhancement for the same price.

Apparently, there is an iced tea mix available at GNC that has Protein in it. Haven't tried it but it could be another option to get your Protein in liquid form and it might taste better than the shakes.

Anyway, the long story is that I'm really having a tough time with the 2 week post-surgery liquid diet. I'm hungry and bored of drinking Protein Shakes. Everything tastes the same. Help!!! I was told I can try mashed potatoes & gravy at Christmas and then start adding yogurt, cottage cheese etc. afer that, but I need some help to make it another week. Anyone else out there struggling? Any support/advice is welcome.

Thanks!

I have been in the program here since 2005, but didn't qualify for the RNY because of anemia. Once I found out the cause of my anemia (and that it won't get better), I contacted the program again this summer and was booked for December 13th. The doctor had just come back from learning the VSG in Quebec and was waiting for the right candidate to start doing them, and I was the right candidate!

Congrats! You were the first?? How long were you on a waiting list? I just found out about this procedure a couple of months ago and I'm not interested in waiting years to get it done here. I wish I had done it years ago, so I could have been enjoying life more. I didn't know they did VSG in Regina? I'm looking at Mexico, just can't make up my mind with who. I met Dr. Pompa the other day in Saskatoon and it was very nice to meet her personally and listen to her mini-seminar. The only thing holding me back is the price that weightlossforever is charging. Even though the facilities are optimum and the support is great...I could get a VSG, Tummy Tuck and breast enhancement for the same price.

Apparently, there is an iced tea mix available at GNC that has Protein in it. Haven't tried it but it could be another option to get your Protein in liquid form and it might taste better than the shakes.

I live in the Campbell River area and was sleeved by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali on Dec.6/2010. I am happy to chat anytime with you. Right now I am out of the country but will be back in March. I know that there is a support group in Victoria and if I'm not mistaken they meet at one of the hospitals.

Elaine

There is a doctor in Richmond, B.C. doing the vertical sleeve now and he is booking approx. 6 months in advance right now.

As far as I know, there are no physicians in Vancouver doing this work or else I would have gone myself. There is a surgeon in Victoria but his wait-list is 3-5 years long.

I went to Puget Sound Surgical Centre in Edmonds, WA.

Google their site .. tons of information there