Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Canadians out there?

Hi my name is Russell Murray and I am from Sarnia, On.

My wife and I just got the sleeve together (March 17th) and are doing well.

When getting the sleeve there are few things to consider and the most important is the surgeon and then after that the care support.

I f you would like to contact us at length about anything you my e-mail me or call me at my home 519 337 5442

All the best Russ

Hi everyone, My name is bali and i am looking to get sleeve done with doctor almanza buit the price seems too good to be true. I am so scared because my finances are not so great and dr almanza price is really good but some of the comments are kindda scary how people get infection and the way thier recovery centre are like. Can someone put me in a right direction please.

Hi everyone, My name is bali and i am looking to get sleeve done with doctor Almanza buit the price seems too good to be true. I am so scared because my finances are not so great and dr almanza price is really good but some of the comments are kindda scary how people get infection and the way thier recovery centre are like. Can someone put me in a right direction please.

Hi Bali. I had my surgery in Mexico March 29th, 2010. From my pre-op weight I am down approx 45 lbs now. I'm in Langley. Sandy

Hi there everyone :001_rolleyes: I am new to this site and I too am wondering if people have found a doctor that does this procedure in Alberta Canada. The only place I have found was a doctor in Mexico. How are people finding the wait lists to have the sleeve done for them? Thanks all! The support I have seen on this site is amazing!:thumbup:

Hi there everyone :001_rolleyes: I am new to this site and I too am wondering if people have found a doctor that does this procedure in Alberta Canada. The only place I have found was a doctor in Mexico. How are people finding the wait lists to have the sleeve done for them? Thanks all! The support I have seen on this site is amazing!:thumbup:

Hi everyone .. I am in Vancouver. I just wasn't interested in battling our medical system and I wasn't interested in going to Mexico. I bucked up the $22,000 and had mine done in Washington State. I can write off my surgery so I am anticipating a major chunk of this money coming back to me so there was no hesitation in booking this. From first appointment to the surgery .. 6 weeks. I feel fantastic.

Hi,

I am new also. I am hoping to get the sleeve end of July.

I'm in Yellowknife (central Canadian Arctic.

Nervous already. Got the forms from the patient coordinator and proceeded to have an anxiety attack.

Will

I am hoping for the end of July, early August.

I'm waiting for my passport and god knows when that will come.

I will be going to Mexico because of finances.

I am already nervous as hell. lol.

Will

Passports are way faster these days .. it shouldn't be long.

No matter where you choose to go, as long as you did your homework and are comfortable with your decision, everything will be fine. Keep us informed and good luck!

hi eloquentblue, i'm planning on getting sleeved and will probably go to PSSC due to location/reputation but my concern is still the high cost. i noticed that you said you were able to write off a majority of the $22000. how did you do that? also, how far did it take to drive to edmonds? i live in maple ridge, bc

hi therealme

You can't go wrong with PSSC .. everything with them ran smoothly with no problems. I would highly recommend them but yes, you have to pay cash. The cost is high but if you went for a lap band at any of the clinics that offer it in Vancouver, the price is the same but you get more with PSSC. They also offer medical financing with an American company. Apparently it's a good company and quite popular.

Have you booked your consultation yet?

From what I was told, at least half of their bariatric business is from Canadians and I also know that Canadian health plans will not pay for surgery outside of Canada. Depending on your tax situation, income and marital status will determine how much you will get as a refund. The CRA will accept medical receipts for procedures done outside of Canada. There are a number of websites that explain this .. google it .. but I checked with my accountant beforehand.

As for the drive, Edmonds is about 20 min north of Seattle so from Peace Arch, it was about 90 minutes or so.

Any other questions, let me know.