Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Canadians out there?

Hi, I'm from Calgary! I have had my first 2 appts with Dr. L. Farries in Red Deer! I have also had my endoscope on Friday! Just have to have my pysch eval and then hopefully get my surgery date! Look forward to meeting all the Canadians on the forum!

Sheila

I am from TO. I am going to Mexico - Dr. Kelly for VSG in Feb 7. The cost is totally worth it and it is much less than what I would spend in food and even larger clothes while waiting for 2 or more years moving into our slooooooooow health system.

I will be back soon with news from the healthier me. :lol:

Congratulations Brazcan on getting a date in Mexico! Seems like a lot of us Canucks are heading south to jump start our new health life. I agree the amount of money I would spend in the years it would take to get it paid for here I would rather just find the money now and get on with life.

I’m a Canadian in the USA for work for the next year or so, I’m using this opportunity to experience the millions of weight loss options Texas has to offer. I’m ready to be sleeved on the 16th, however, I am paying out of pocket, and it’s $13K, but I am hoping it will be worth it.

If anyone is considering traveling for this, I’ll keep you posted on my surgeon and how things go. I went to the three in the Dallas area and I felt most comfortable with Dr. Barker.

Stay tuned!

Pam

Hi folks! I am from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Had my sleeve done in Halifax Jan. 13, 2011 by Dr. Ellsmere. Surgery went well, but experiencing nausea since day 1, and surgeon thinks my gallbladder may need to come out for the nausea to end.

I have lost 33 pounds in almost 6 weeks (will be 6 weeks this coming Thursday.) I don't know.....I feel very sad at times that the weight loss isn't happening faster. Maybe I thought because 90% of my stomach was going to be removed that the pounds would be coming off quicker? Especially now that I am surviving on 800-1000 calories a day? Have bad bouts of depression just thinking about this!

Just an update.

I am from Toronto. I had VSG in Mexico - Dr. Kelly (Tijuana) on Feb 7, 2011 and I am completely satisfied with the care received and the results. If anyone wants more info or is considering surgery in mexico, feel free to conatct me. I will be pleased to answer questions and try to help.

Hi, I just read your post and am wondering how you are making out. I'm in Halifax, and have been waiting 3 years, I finally have my one-on-one appt. on the 15th, so I hope to be sleeved soon.

You said you were frustrated because you had only lost 33 lbs. in 6 weeks.....would you have lost it without the surgery. I hope you're feeling better and are getting healthier and getting your life back. Keep your fingers crossed that I soon get sleeved to get some quality back in my life.

Hi folks! I am from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Had my sleeve done in Halifax Jan. 13, 2011 by Dr. Ellsmere. Surgery went well, but experiencing nausea since day 1, and surgeon thinks my gallbladder may need to come out for the nausea to end.

I have lost 33 pounds in almost 6 weeks (will be 6 weeks this coming Thursday.) I don't know.....I feel very sad at times that the weight loss isn't happening faster. Maybe I thought because 90% of my stomach was going to be removed that the pounds would be coming off quicker? Especially now that I am surviving on 800-1000 calories a day? Have bad bouts of depression just thinking about this!

I know this is an old post, but I am from Alberta. :)

Hi everyone, I am in Alberta and am planning to get sleeved in the 2nd week of August with Dr. Aceves - haven't booked a date yet, but will do so in the next 2 days. Anyone thinking of heading there in the 2nd week of August? Anyone from Alberta on this board?

Another Canuck checking in! I'm in Edmonton. I get sleeved on April 27 with Dr Almanza in TJ!

I know this is an old post, but I am from Alberta. :)

Another Canuck checking in! I'm in Edmonton. I get sleeved on April 27 with Dr Almanza in TJ!

Woah, didn't realize there were so many of us here! If you guys want to meet up (I'm also in E-town), let me know, it'd be great to meet up with some local sleevers IRL!

Absolutely! I'd love that!

What's a good day/time/location for everyone? I live downtown and go to school at the U, so I'm fairly central and can go wherever. Are there certain days of the week or times of day that definitely don't work for people (e.g. maybe someone works night shifts)? I'm fairly flexible myself, so it's just a matter of what works for the rest of you guys.

I work downtown so if downtown works for everyone else, it would for me as well. I'm going for my sleeve on the 27th so right around the corner for me now!