Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Canadians out there?

Hi, I am in BC in the fraser valley. I am considering the sleeve surgery. I understand some people go to Puget Sound for their surgeries ? Is there anyone else from the lower mainland that has had this done ? I am going to talk to my doctor this weekend and get her input.

I am in the Vancouver area and I was done a year ago @ Puget Sound. I highly recommend them.

Hi, I am in BC in the fraser valley. I am considering the sleeve surgery. I understand some people go to Puget Sound for their surgeries ? Is there anyone else from the lower mainland that has had this done ? I am going to talk to my doctor this weekend and get her input.

Dear wanabslim

re your message

Don't know if you've heard but http://www.westcoast...ricsurgery.com/ in Richmond is now doing this surgery. I am going to be checking it out myself as I just found out they do the vertical sleeve the only one I can have. Hope this helps. (the only one the government doesn't cover is the lapband. the others are covered

I work downtown so if downtown works for everyone else, it would for me as well. I'm going for my sleeve on the 27th so right around the corner for me now!

Sure! Did you wanna meet before or after your surgery? I could just meet you when you're done work and we could have a coffee or a light dinner.

Also, anyone else?

Hi, I live in Surrey, BC and just had my sleeve at Puget Sound Surgical on April 6. Dr. Landerholm was fantastic, I would recommend him to anyone. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to share me experience to date.

Isn't Dr. Landerholm great? He didn't do my surgery but his post-op was fantastic. I would recommend Puget Sound to anyone. Hope you are feeling well, too!

Hi, I live in Surrey, BC and just had my sleeve at Puget Sound Surgical on April 6. Dr. Landerholm was fantastic, I would recommend him to anyone. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to share me experience to date.

Sure! Did you wanna meet before or after your surgery? I could just meet you when you're done work and we could have a coffee or a light dinner.

Also, anyone else?

I can definitely meet before if we can get it arranged! Of course Friday is a holiday but I'm in every other day, including Easter Monday (on liquids only on monday though!) Any day is good for me this week.

I can definitely meet before if we can get it arranged! Of course Friday is a holiday but I'm in every other day, including Easter Monday (on liquids only on monday though!) Any day is good for me this week.

OK, let's do Thursday? I have an exam in the afternoon, but I could be downtown as early as 3 and I'm free for the rest of the afternoon/evening. I put it on my calendar, I guess let's PM each other on Wed night or Thu morning to figure out exactly when and where we're meeting. Should be fun!

OK, let's do Thursday? I have an exam in the afternoon, but I could be downtown as early as 3 and I'm free for the rest of the afternoon/evening. I put it on my calendar, I guess let's PM each other on Wed night or Thu morning to figure out exactly when and where we're meeting. Should be fun!

Sounds good.. I will PM you my cell #

Anyone else in Edmonton want to join in??

Thank you to the replies to my earlier post. I would love to check out the Puget Sound clinic but unfortunately would not be able to afford the cost. I am guessing around $5,000 ? I am going to see if my doctor will refer me to the clinic in Richmond, I'm checking out their website right now. :) I am tired of this ongoing struggle all my life and never having been slim ( except when I was 16 and went the route of Dexatrim, that was fun lol ) . I hover around 200-220lbs, and I absolutely love "healthy" foods, but just cannot shake this off. At 46 years old and only around 5'4", I need to drop this weight due to blood pressure, heart arrythmia, apnea and now my lower back is in agony ! I hope to one day be able to post in the "post op" section :)

From the research I've done, its over 20K for bariatric surgery in Canada on self-pay. That's why so many of us go to Mexico!

Hi again,

The cost for me at Puget Sound Surgical was a little over $17 000. It's only been two weeks, but so far best money I have ever spent!

Thank you to the replies to my earlier post. I would love to check out the Puget Sound clinic but unfortunately would not be able to afford the cost. I am guessing around $5,000 ? I am going to see if my doctor will refer me to the clinic in Richmond, I'm checking out their website right now. :) I am tired of this ongoing struggle all my life and never having been slim ( except when I was 16 and went the route of Dexatrim, that was fun lol ) . I hover around 200-220lbs, and I absolutely love "healthy" foods, but just cannot shake this off. At 46 years old and only around 5'4", I need to drop this weight due to blood pressure, heart arrythmia, apnea and now my lower back is in agony ! I hope to one day be able to post in the "post op" section :)

They have reduced their prices .. I definitely paid more than $17,000 ;)

Hi again,

The cost for me at Puget Sound Surgical was a little over $17 000. It's only been two weeks, but so far best money I have ever spent!

I think they had a special pricing offer or something going on, I feel lucky!

Do you ever go to any support groups?

They have reduced their prices .. I definitely paid more than $17,000 ;)

I had my surgery a year ago and I think they reduced the costs on the band and the sleeve about 5-6 months after I was done.

And no, I don't attend any support groups. I never did.

I think they had a special pricing offer or something going on, I feel lucky!

Do you ever go to any support groups?