Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekend Social Club

I know what you mean Chancie, more than 30 min walking on the treadmill is boooooring...running has never been my style, my boobs were always so big, so bouncey..ick..and now I have arthritis in my knees. But, I really was interested in a swing dance group, but too far away. What about jazzercise? I have heard it is fun and it's dancing too. Any thoughts out there about fun exercise for the over 50 crowd, who cannot run anymore?

You definitely need to find something you love to do or you'll stop doing it. I love to swim and bike and I was willing to run because I wanted to do a triathlon. I'm totally hooked now and I even like the running! I never thought I'd say that.

But there are other things. I like Pilates and Crossfit and TRX. There is also ballroom dancing and all the different classes at the gym where you workout to music. Some people like team sports and join leagues. There are so many choices out there!

Yes, and you are doing incredible! You should be so proud of yourself! You can totally kick butt. Rock on Mac!

I can related to the addiction of the rush of endorphins (can't remember how to spell right now) I am totally addicted to the feeling working out on the treadmill brings, but 30 min is all I can take...

I have never have been much of an athlete..never been on a sports team, except bowling, and I sucked at that..

Dancing is fun, but when my ex and I took ballroom dance classes, I sweat like a pig and my face turns beet red, even when I am skinny..not pretty, but I LOVE those beautiful gowns. Remember disco dancing, now that was fun~

It does all sound like excuses, I have always hated the *gym*..went with my ex back in the day and did the aerobics thing, but those structured classes drive me crazy...like to exercise to my own varied schedule. yadda, yadda, I know.

Swimming, I have really poor lung capacity..so it's not fun at all, unless I am just flopping around in the pool, pretending to be a mermaid..hehe..

Oh well.......just rambling right now.

Oh, do you remember disco roller skating? That was sooo fun back in the day. But, that was 100 yrs ago..

Edited by Steph_123

I don't mind any cardio machine at the gym as long as I have my earphones on and I am into whatever I am watching on tv. I do this one machine that's an elliptical and a stair master depending on how you move your feet.

I remember when 30 min. on the treadmill was my max. You just have to build up slowly.

There are still roller skating places around, but not as many as there used to be. If you hate the gym, how about Crossfit? My group meets in parks and we do something different every time. It's intense but SHORT.

Thanks Mac, I'll try 30 mins am, then 30 min pm. Your an inspiration. My ex was into triathalons, the first one I saw blew me away.. amazing..totally amazing.

Edited by Steph_123

The Hawaii one is happening tomorrow. You can watch it on the web!

Okay, new weekend, new questions:

1) Weekend plans?

2) Beatles: Overrated or Musical Geniuses?

3) Name something positive that happened to you this week.

4) Do you like your job?

1) Weekend plans? Deep Pit Posse Party - started last night - runs through tomorrow. Ruthi is in town too!

IMO - musical geniuses

3) Name something positive that happened to you this week. My boss came back from vacation and said to me "Look at you getting all skinny!"

4) Do you like your job? LOVE my job, can't stand my new office companion; however, working on getting that changed.

1) Weekend plans?

Watch as much of the Ironman World Championships (Kona) as I can. A picnic with an old friend and his son who just got a lapband. A dinner dance tonight with my Ice Dancers group. Open Water Swim/Run brick tomorrow AM.

Geniuses. I went through an Overrated period but my family has been playing Beatles Rock Band for over a month now and I'm not sick of it and have been enjoying the variety. There are very few artists out there that have their body of work and that you don't get sick of after a month of constant listening to.

Apple replaced my iPhone that was acting up and now I have cell phone coverage again! Oh and I fixed a bug that I've been working on for over a month. (It's more of a feature than a true bug.)

4) Do you like your job?

I like the work, but I hate my work situation so much that I can't even enjoy the work lately.

Iron man, that is it, now I remember, brings back so many memories of my ex, he loved those contests.

This weekend, a class reunion, 1970-1979, 1000 people are going. So have to stop at Macy's for a nice top, if I can find one. It's casual though, so my new jeans are just right. They want everyone to wear orange or one of the tie-dyed orange Ts they are selling. They are ugly to me..ick..

Getting the motivation to get on the treadmill, then pack for the reunion.

Great thing this week? Got a wonderful annual evaluation at work, started back on strickly Protein and already lost 1 lb.

The Beatles..not my thing, but I was only 8 when they were big. So, by the time I could really appreciate them, the band was already falling a part from one another. But, John & Paul together - sheer genius. *Michelle* loved that song and played it over and over again on the piano..The love songs Paul wrote were simply beautiful.

Gonna watch the LSU tigers eat the Florida Gators tonight!

Geaux Tigers!

1) Weekend plans? My house needs to be cleaned. I also need to play some Sims 3

2) Beatles: Overrated or Musical Geniuses? They were way before my time. I like some of their stuff. I remember my dad crying when Lennon was killed. Both my parents were hippes and "Imagine" was played a lot in the house.

3) Name something positive that happened to you this week. Err. Uhhh. I might have to come back to this one. I honestly can't think of anything positive.

4) Do you like your job? For the most part. Honestly I deserve to make more money for the responsibilty I have and amount of work I have. I don't want to change jobs right now though. Feels risky.

1) Weekend plans?

I went to the movies today and saw whip it. It's directed by Drew Barrymore and stars that young gal that was in Juno, Ellen Page. It was good! I also have a friend in town who I don't get so see much. I will hang out with her this evening.

2) Beatles:

I am on the fence with this one. There are some of their songs I just love. I guess I think they are really good, but I don't know that there is anyone who I consider to be a musical genius.

I hardly get to see my little 3 month old granddaughter. I got to take care of her this week and she took a bottle for me. She is breastfed and her mommy is really having trouble because she refuses to take a bottle. My daughter was like that. I know how frustrating it is for a new mommy to be the only person who can feed the baby!

4) Do you like your job? For the most part, I do like my job. I like it a lot more now that I am hardly working.

I am going to be 57 this month and I am just sick of working, since I have been working since I was 16. I am fortunate in other ways that I can afford to only work part time now.

1) Weekend plans? Cleaning, laundry, geocaching, watching the race and hanging out with the family.

2) Beatles: Overrated or Musical Geniuses? I think they were very good, but I wouldn't necessarily call them musical geniuses.

3) Name something positive that happened to you this week. I found a best friend from high school that I had lost track of for many years. You have to love Facebook for that!

4) Do you like your job? I love my job, I love what we do and why we are doing it. But, there are some people that I would love to see leave and then it would be the perfect job.