Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekend Social Club

Okay, it's that time again... here are some "getting to know you" type of questions for our weekend visitors:

1. Any weekend plans?

2. What (if any) challenges have you had this week?

3. Tell us about a small victory you had this week.

4. Tell us something that makes you happy.

Okay, it's that time again... here are some "getting to know you" type of questions for our weekend visitors:

1. Any weekend plans? Getting my hair done, visiting my son/DIL and seeing their new condo, going to a picnic with Bearded, my grandson and my other DIL.

2. What (if any) challenges have you had this week? Not losing my cool with my new "cellmate" at work - she's driving me crazy! No food challenges this week, thank goodness.

3. Tell us about a small victory you had this week. Several people at work told me "you're getting so skinny." (Now, at 212 I am far from skinny; however, it's nice they think so!)

4. Tell us something that makes you happy. Bearded, my puppies, and my family.

Thanks Mac ~!

1. Any weekend plans?

I have a friend who had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago at age

48. She is not cleared to drive yet or do much of anything really, so I will probably go to a movie with her. Sunday I have to go to a baby shower.

2. What (if any) challenges have you had this week?

Dealing with Verizon this week has been a big challenge. I lost my cell and called to order one exactly like the one I lost. Twice now, I sat home and waited for the fed ex package to show up only to have the wrong phone arrive.

3. Tell us about a small victory you had this week.

I went back to the gym. After getting off the phone with Verizon again, I couldn't get there fast enough. I had taken a break because I had been sick.

My grandson makes me really happy. I love his little smile so much when he is really happy to see me.

Mac, great idea!!!!! I work alot of hours during the week so weekends are really the only time I can set and enjoy this site.

1) Weekend plans: Today a group of us from work are gonna go tubing on the Colorado River (we live in Yuma AZ and by the time the Colorado gets here it isn't so deep and fast running). Tomorrow a bunch of us are gonna go see the new Jennifer Anniston movie.

2) Challenges: Dealing with some of the crazy assed Doctors I work with. My biggest challenge continues to be dealing with this crazy band. I can't wait till I become a true sleeve sister on 12/19!!!!

3) Small victory: Went 2 days without having difficulty getting Protein shakes down!!! OMG, I even had a little cream of mushroom soup!!!!!!!

4) Happy: Had state inspection at work. They liked some of policies and proceedures I had written and took copies of some of them to give to other facilities for examples. Today I am really, really happy that it is so beautiful outside. The sky is a brilliant blue. Also happy that people on this board (Mac, Vegas, OregonDaisy, Stoongirl, Cajun, Attitudefree, Tiffykins, etc, etc) are all here and such a great help to everyone.

1. Any weekend plans? Going to Plaza Art Fair

2. What (if any) challenges have you had this week? Covering for two therapists who are out for the second week, dealing with a DMH audit, battling sinus infection,

3. Tell us about a small victory you had this week. Eating reasonably while stressed at woork--not skipping lunch.< /strong>

my cat waiting for me at the door and wanting to sit in my lap in the evening and sleep with me at night, watching the lake off my deck during sunrise and sunset, listening to music, talking to friends and counting down the days till I become a sleever (35)

1. Any weekend plans? We're going to pick up John's homecoming gift, a big flat screen tv for the bedroom, and few odds and ends at the grocery store. Mow the backyard. BLAH

2. What (if any) challenges have you had this week? Eating has been a huge challenge this week for me. The antibiotics they gave me for my tooth have made me sick, and not hungry. And, not being able to sleep in my bed. I can't lay down flat because my tooth throbs.

3. Tell us about a small victory you had this week. I made it through this week without crying. The husband was supposed to be home this last week, got delayed, and is coming home this upcoming week.

4. Tell us something that makes you happy. Hearing Caysen get excited about his dad coming home, and knowing that just a few more days, and my love will be back on US soil.

:biggrin0:

Here are my answers:

1) I hope to have a free and easy weekend for a change. Just got back from the gym - Group Power class - and am about to take off for a monthly lunch with some folks from the CA board on OH. Tomorrow is my tri club's annual picnic. In between I have to fit in a bike, run and swim workout. It sounds packed, but there is a lot less in there than normal.

2) I've been having trouble sleeping and actually had to take a nap at work yesterday as I was too tired to keep my eyes open at my cube.

3) I went to the gym and did my strength workout on Wed. anyway even though my trainer cancelled on me so I had no one to hold my hand and tell me what to do.

4) Thurs. was my one year "surgiversary" and I was giddy all day.

1. Any weekend plans? My best friend's daughter's wedding on Sunday

2. What (if any) challenges have you had this week? Starting my new job and chasing DS pupil around the playground!

3. Tell us about a small victory you had this week. Sticking to a healthier diet and not experiencing any shakes or sickness

Hmmm - peace and quiet!

Congratulations on your one year surgiversary Mac, this is a fun post.

1. Any weekend plans? Just finished 5 hrs of OT, maybe..going to support group this afternoon, and driving Sunday to visit family.

2. What (if any) challenges have you had this week? Haven't lost any wt in two weeks, yet exercising and sticking to the program. Because of this stall, I gave in and had a small cone and don't want exercise today, I am so demoralized.

3. Tell us about a small victory you had this week. Finally, someone mentioned at work that I look like I am losing wt, I make eye contact w/people now, and I am starting to like the way I look in the mirror.

4. Tell us something that makes you happy. interacting with my 3 yr old niece, sleeping in, watching a good movie, my 2 kitty cats and dog, that high you get from working out really hard, aerobically to great rock n roll, fitting into smaller clothes :=)

Edited by Steph_123

Here are my answers:

1) Group Power class -

Mac, I love that class! It's my favorite. I have to be careful because the teacher is always telling us to "load up that bar" I have back problems and I can end up in a lot of pain if I do that. I try to load it up for the biceps and triceps though because my arms are really bothering me.

I like it when they use the music to time the lifting. Some instructors are better at that than others.

My weekend coming up involves.. laying in a hospital bed recovering from getting this stupid piece of plastic out of me FOREVER. YAAAAAY. =)

Tiff, I see you started a post but did not write anything. But I can guess what you will be doing...guess whose coming to dinner........?

Tiff, I see you started a post but did not write anything. But I can guess what you will be doing...guess whose coming to dinner........?

Ha ha ha I replied inside the quote for this last weekend. This weekend, I'm hoping the hubby's jetlag doesn't inhibit humping ! ! ! It's been far too long. . .:thumbup:

Oh I'm sure he will have no problems in that category. Have a great time!