Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery on the 31 and I am still in the hospital

I had my surgery on Mon the 31st and I am still in this hospital. I was so excited, I did not have a hard going to sleep or anything, I walked in like owner the joint. Anyway, I had do stay in recover for 2 hours because When I came out of oi, I had a JP drain, an IV. Then after no being able move, when they told everything went just expected. So of course not there was a leak and so we we are going to have to try and clear that all out other, This is also after them telling me, "Clear diet starts today". So off to surgery and out of that surgery recovery time was about. I know have NG tube that runs into my stomach, I have 2 JP tubes on each side and main line for meds through my juggler. I have to have 6 viles of blood drained everyday. I am sure I have not that everything, but to me the most important things ever CHISTOPHER who is six and Camryn who is 2.

I posted this earlier

I would just love some poisitive words that have may have been there.

Janette, I'm so sorry that you have had to go through all this. I will pray that God lays his healing hands on you and you will be better soon. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Hugs, Judy

Janette, I am also sorry that you are going through so much. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that you recover quickly.

Janette,

Hugs Hugs Hugs. I pray for your quick recovery. Hang in there, you will be better soon!

I just want to you to know it does get better, and we're all thinking of you. I hope your recovery becomes easier, and you feel much better soon. I went through a very similar situation with my leak and leak repair surgery.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and I too pray that God will lay his healing hands upon you and heal your body and take away your pain.

I was banded October 1, 2008, flipped port happened soon after. I was ignored for months by my first surgeon about the flipped port and abdominal pain. After 6 months, I started looking at getting a revision to the sleeve. I found a surgeon who agreed it needed to come out, and was able to have the revision covered by insurance due to the tubing of the band actually tugging on my stomach and causing increasing pain. Plus, I had 2 fill attempts under fluoro that were unsuccessful due to the flipped port.

I had my revision on June 3rd. On June 5th, a leak was found during my last leak test with gastrographin and the cat scan. The top portion of my stomach was damaged by the band, and had weakened the tissue. I was immediately sent to the OR for the leak repair. After the leak repair, my lungs would not recover. I landed in critical condition on a ventilator for 3 days, and spent about 4 days in ICU. Finally moved to a regular surgery floor, and was released on June 12th with a pic line (kind of like a central line catheter) in my left arm, and went home on TPN for the next 10 days. The TPN was discontinued, and the line was pulled on the 24th of June. I started Clear liquids. I left with 2 JP drains in my abdomen, and while at home I had a home healthcare nurse come in every few days to change my pic line dressing.

I had a follow up on July 9th where a UTI was detected. Levaquin antibiotics, and I went home. I had family over during that week. They left on Saturday July 11th. On the 13th, I was taken to the hospital again because of severe abdominal pain, cramps, and I knew I was dehydrated. They did a leak test again, and there were 3 Fluid pockets/abscesses found, no leak. 2 in my abdominal cavity, 1 in my pelvic cavity. Unfortunately, I was admitted for treatment. I had to go to a interventional radiologist so they could place a different type of drain in my abdomen. Unfortunately, they could not reach the one in my pelvic cavity. In hopes the antibiotics would resolve them, I was hospitalized for 1 week then released. I went home on 2 antibiotics, 2 anti-nausea meds, and pain meds. I had follow up appointments a couple of weeks later with more ct scans, and the drains were eventually removed.

I have been off all anti-nausea meds for about a month, and have had no further set backs in my recovery. The most challenging aspect for me has been eating and getting in my Protein. But, every day has gotten a bit easier. I am now able to eat 3 small meals a day, and Protein is still my arch nemesis, but it's getting better.

Even with everything that I endured with this surgery, I have zero regrets. I know that the band would of continued to damage my stomach. Every day brings a new challenge, but I know that I made the very best decision to have the band removed.

Edited by Tiffykins

Thank you so much, I would love to be able talk to with you more, right now they just gave me meds so I am going to take a snooze. Then I have a another CT scan later so I talk to you later!!

Thank you so much, I would love to be able talk to with you more, right now they just gave me meds so I am going to take a snooze. Then I have a another CT scan later so I talk to you later!!

I'll send you a message on here with my contact information.

I know how it feels. I spent so much time with that damm ng tube and a tpn line the last weeks I was pregnant before the emergency band removal that I cry about it just thinking about it!

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I wish i had words of wisdom. I just know that when I heard the ng tub get ready to flush I just wanted to cry and scream!

Please know that this will pass eventually. It is hard. I think the ardest part for me was my little girl being afraid of me and scared of the tubes and the noises!

I hope you feel better and get some answers soon

I am just curious whether or not your sleeve surgery was done by your band dr?