Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Donna,

Thanks for all of the info. How long does that case last? I could probably figure it out, but figured it would just be easier (and quicker) to ask :biggrin0:

It lasts quite a long time, I find about 4-5 months for me, and there is no problem with storing it, I have the case in my front hall closet which is handy to the kitchen. These are supposed to be even better than flax

seed, as the outer shells are removed leaving just the inside "hearts".

Well worth it for the nutrition!

Cheers,

Donna

You all can eat those hemp hearts and tell me how it goes. I still have not tried greek yogurt. There are some adventurous eaters here.

Constipation...seems like my new friend nowadays. I put 1 tbls of benefiber in each 32 oz water bottle I drink, and I eat veggies w/every meal, and still..ugh..I think I will try the stool softener and see if that helps. Bob, not to get to personal or scare anyone, but straining while trying to have a BM is called the valsalva maneuver, and it impedes the flow of blood back to the heart, some people with heart disease strain like that and have a heart attack right there on the toilet. I remember that from my days working in a hospital. Anyway, I need to take my own advice, and take Colace. Milk of Magnesia is too strong a stimulant for me, I am in the bathroom constantly, and it's like Water. T.I.M...I know.

I just reordered mine and asked about prices to the US. It is the same! $90 Cdn per case AND only $10Cdn for shipping.

Heck of a good deal!

Try it out ladies, just give them a call!

Donna

Stoon, I went to the local health food store and they had some of the hemp harts. They also had a Protein powder made out of hemp, peas, etc. Tried them both right away. They were really good. Had the hemp hearts in some oatmeal. Later in the day tried the Protein Powder. Yummy!!! Thanks for the tip. You rock.

Good luck on your surgery on the 28th.

So are hemp hearts made out of marijuana? Hemp is another word for marijuana. Just curious. They sound expensive to me. Flax is pretty cheap and I grind it myself in a coffee grinder.

So are hemp hearts made out of marijuana? Hemp is another word for marijuana. Just curious. They sound expensive to me. Flax is pretty cheap and I grind it myself in a coffee grinder.

did you google that?

They are just another Cereal crop here as far as I know. Starting to gain the attention of the nutritionists out there as they are SO healthy for you.

What is missing so far in your post-op diets is the essential fatty acids.

We really need them, they are called essential for a reason. I believe that the hemp hearts provide that for me, but do check it out - there is quite a bit about them on the internet.

They are also high in Vit D, and of course Protein. $10 Cdn for a three week supply isn't an expensive thing and no grinding necessary. And as the last poster attested, they taste delicious.

Plus nice soft stools every day ~sigh~ no more laxatives!

marijuana is a type of hemp but not all hemp is marijuana. I think all will be ok with hemp hearts. They make rope from hemp too but I wouldnt smoke a rope.

It's not that I was afraid it was marijuana. I could really care less. I am just sick of ordering everything online. I have been getting most of the things I need from vitacost.com and I just got a big order from them. I'll ask them next time I place an order if this is something they carry.

Stoon, I went to the local health food store and they had some of the hemp harts. They also had a Protein powder made out of hemp, peas, etc. Tried them both right away. They were really good. Had the hemp hearts in some oatmeal. Later in the day tried the Protein Powder. Yummy!!! Thanks for the tip. You rock.

Good luck on your surgery on the 28th.

Thank Millie,

glad you found the hemp hearts. Can I ask what size container and how much did it cost?

Cheers,

Donna

I'm gonna have to try this out.... not sure if I want to order a case, gotta know if I like it first. I'm going to Paducah KY, tomorrow, it's a much bigger town then where I live so maybe I can find them there.

We do have a health store where I live, yet I never visited it, I've wanted to, but now I have a reason LOL

Are the hemp hearts in a can?? INO I sound ignorant, just never seen or heart of them....

I second VegasAngel...get a load of SF popsicles. I also found that premixing the little bottles of Water with crytal light was like a popsicle in a bottle...you can only sip it as it melts. If I get four of those in I"m good. One of the first things I do now in the morning instead of coffee is mix Water, fruit Protein and ice then begin to sip. I have a container that can hold two bottles of water so, I try and get one done by lunch and then other I nurse the rest of the night.

You are in all our thoughts....go to the doctor and get checked out first!

Caro

"fruit protein"? Where can I get that?

Thank Millie,

glad you found the hemp hearts. Can I ask what size container and how much did it cost?

Cheers,

Donna

Donna-Sorry it took me so long to answer. I work 60-80 hrs/wk so am not home much. I bought Nutria brand hempseed. It was 10 oz bag for $12.89. Where do you get yours? Do they have a web site? It seems like this is a little expensive but it did seem to help keep me from getting so hungry. It really makes my oatmeal taste good though and I want to make it a regular in my diet. Oatmeal is one of the few "real" foods that I can eat. Thanks for such a good tip!!

Lan2K. I have a fruit Protein drink I drink that is really good. It is 4EverFit Tropical Mango. It can be ordered online at netrition.com. I mix it with half frozen SoBe life Water that is the almost the same flavor and some Water. It isn't too bad and makes a nice change from the "chocolaty, vanilla, strawberry" flavors. There is a CranRazz flavor that I have but haven't tried it as it just came yesterday.

Marilyn,

Can save you lots of money if you buy thru this number:

1 403 329 1380

each plastic container is 16 oz, and costs $10 Canadian , buy by the case and they ship for only $10 Cdn.

Mine last anywhere from 4 - 6- months that way, as I use them 5X a week. Our dollar is about .90 yours, I believe, in that vicinity anyway. They are very fresh and keep beautifully

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Donna

I think this link gives you so much information about what hemp is, the politics behind it, and how really beneficial it is. You can also purchase great hemp products here. I intend to soon.

*listen to the audio on Hemp if you will.

http://hempusa.org/