Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will post more later, but I am home. Things went very well. I am sore (ya' think?), but it is more than manageable with the meds. And a hospital is NO place to get rest! Lordie. Slept two hours today already. Still getting used to that odd feeling when what I swallow hits my new belly. More updates to follow.

Glad to hear you are home and doing well. Take it easy and have a speedy recovery, hope to hear more from you soon.

YAY ... so glad you're home and not feeling too bad ... will be looking forward to your colorful and humorous posts as you journey through this adventure!

Glad to hear you are doing well Bob. Take it easy and get the rest you need.

CONGRATS BOBBBB you did it!!!!!!! hope your feeling tops soon!!! we are all thinking of you and wishing you well!!!!

Hey Bob!

Glad to hear things went well for you. I got home this morning also. You are so right, a hospital is a horrible place to get sleep. As a whole, I am doing well. I'm concerned that I might get dehydrated. Nothing sounds good, and drinking 1 ounce every 10-15 minutes is a chore. I'm a bit sore, especially the left side but the pain meds seem to take the edge off -although liquid Lortab - yuck! I hope your recovery (an mine for that matter) is quick and uneventful.

Hi Linda -

Glad you are home too. Sorry you're in so much pain. I was sore where the drain bag was; however it was more like sore muscles from working out - certainly not anything that I needed to take pain medication for. Hope you get ot feeling better soon.

Try sucking on ice cubes when you're tired of drinking - and SF popsicles - it's a good way to get your fluids in. Dr. Aceves said 2 oz. every 15 minutes for the first 3 days only, after that, sip, sip, sip all day long. I found the popsicles and the ice cubes really help to get in more liquid.

Hi Linda -

Glad you are home too. Sorry you're in so much pain. I was sore where the drain bag was; however it was more like sore muscles from working out - certainly not anything that I needed to take pain medication for. Hope you get ot feeling better soon.

Try sucking on ice cubes when you're tired of drinking - and SF popsicles - it's a good way to get your fluids in. Dr. Aceves said 2 oz. every 15 minutes for the first 3 days only, after that, sip, sip, sip all day long. I found the popsicles and the ice cubes really help to get in more liquid.

Vegas - Thanks for the advise. I'm really not in much pain (left side a bit). I really just don't have any desire for anything. I am sipping on a Protein drink this morning. Whereas before surgery, I could gulp down an entire 24oz bottle of Water with no problem, Today I am struggling to just sip the 1 ounce cup of water/protein every 10 minutes. Once I get this Protein "juice" down this morning, I am getting a SF popsicle to suck on. That actually sounds pretty decent.

Yeah, Linda! A sleeve sista!! Luckily my pain is minimal. But, yes, the liquid Lortab has an icky taste. Oh, well. It keeps the oogies down. I have been drinking Water as I feel comfy, and liquid Protein seems to go down well. The odd stomach "cramping" is tough to adjust to. But, being day three with a rerouted intestinal system, what can I expect? I bet this will pass.

My poor surgeon is now being teased unmercifully about "killing Santa." Santa is my December job, and one I am naturally built for. He had no idea. So when the stomach came out, all the rest of the surgical team started humming the theme song and started calling him Dr. Grinch (I have friends on the surgical team that did my operation). Word of this made it all the way through the hospital as I did a visit there last year for the burn kids and NICU babies and pareents!

Lots of sleep occurring. I can be up maybe an hour before beddy by calls me back in. Little leakage occurring. OK...am off again. Thanks all for the good messages.

Ha, ha, the grinch who stole Bob's stomach!

Hey Bob and Linda...

It seems not that long ago when you got your surgery dates, and now look at the both of you! Congratulations, get your rest and keep us posted! I hope to be on this soon with a similar story (after aug 17) :-)) Thanks again for sharing...