Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone tried those tiny little cans of chicken salad? I lived on those for a long

time in the beginning.

Anyone tried those tiny little cans of chicken salad? I lived on those for a long

time in the beginning.

Please share the details on this...this might be something I could handle when going to solids. I dont' have the time to make my own, so convenience is nice. :biggrin0:

I also start real food on Friday. I'm really worried though, cause even mushies made me nauseated. I think, by reading all your posts, that maybe I'm eating too much. It seems like just a little, but perhaps I should be eating just a bite or two at a time. I'm gonna try that starting tomorrow. I'm tired of nausea and vomiting!

I started on regular food at 7 weeks out. My surgeon had me wait longer than normal because of some things going on with me. (Hiatal hernia repair slowed down my recovery a bit.)

I thought eating regular food was going to be great but that was the beginning of my pissy period. I was eating "regular" food but the amounts were TINY. It was really frustrating. Also, I went to Las Vegas the day after I started regular food and spent the weekend with a bunch of RnYers who were all around a year or longer and they all could eat SO MUCH food compared to me. So that just made it worse.

Oh and I also had some episodes of the foamies because I was eating too fast and, occasionally, too much.

But at about 12 weeks, I could eat more and that was good and I got over my pissiness. I think the problem is that I thought regular food == regular life, but, in the beginning, you just don't have a regular life when it comes to food. That takes time and healing.

Now, you may not have my exact experience, but just be prepared for it not to be the most wonderful thing ever.... that comes later.

Thanks so much for sharing that Mac, I REALLY needed to hear it because I am so frustrated and so fighting depression and wishing I'd never had this surgery ... Bearded appreciated hearing it too.

It's when your body produces too much saliva in a vain attempt to get the too much food you ate to digest faster. The saliva tends to foam up. There isn't room for it in the sleeve either so it just makes everything worse.

Some people call it the slimies instead. In Brazil, they call it "alien spit." :lol0:

I think alien spit is a very appropriate name for it!

I am able to get those little cans of chicken or tuna down with a few reduced fat wheat thin crackers ... you can find them at the dollar stores sometimes and Target carries the tuna in 2 packs for like $2.49 - it comes with crackers and reduced calorie Mayonnaise and relish. They're pretty good. I had chicken salad with sundried tomatoes and basil on crackers for lunch yesterday - it was good.

I seem to do fine with lunch - however dinner is still a problem for me ... I'm almost to the point of I'll just eat lunch and drink dinner. My restriction in the morning doesn't allow me to eat anything - just drink warm things - until about 11 am - then after that I seem to be okay to eat lunch. It's weird and I get tired of trying to figure out what I can eat that will go down easily and stay down.

Good luck on your transition to mushies and/or solids.

They do sell some off brand at the dollar

tree. The ones in the grocery store are by

the cans of tuna and they are bumble bee

brand.

If you are having trouble with mushies, you definitely shouldn't advance to the next phase. In my program, there are timeframes but it also says that you need to be doing well on the phase you are in and that some people take as long as 3 months to get to regular food.< /p>

I'll look for that chicken salad next time I'm at the grocery store. :001_smile:

Mac- I agree. My instructions say the same thing. I'm not having trouble with mushies, per say. Just having trouble finding things I like. Everything except eggs have been okay for me. When I start solids, I'm going to be very careful when choosing what to eat.

Oh, and thank you for sharing your experience. It is so hard for me right now to ever think that I'll be able to eat somewhat normal again. It does get depressing sometimes. I'm 4 weeks out now & while things are more normal than they were 3 weeks ago, I still don't see myself eating somewhat normally again.

Try some Icecream of natural fruits. Sweet potato from the oven will run your saliva for one hour while been baked!

Thanks so much for sharing that Mac, I REALLY needed to hear it because I am so frustrated and so fighting depression and wishing I'd never had this surgery ... Bearded appreciated hearing it too.

Hope things improve for you. I did read in my husband's manual from the surgeon that many people about a month or so out start having a period of "buyer's remorse" about having the surgery, but that it generally passes as things settle down. Praying for you....

Vegas I'm exactly the same. I usually don't eat or drink anything until 11 am or so. Then try to figure out what could be possible. I also have fought some depression wondering if things will ever be normal. I'm sure things will get better in time, until then try to figure out what works best.

Vegas I'm exactly the same. I usually don't eat or drink anything until 11 am or so. Then try to figure out what could be possible. I also have fought some depression wondering if things will ever be normal. I'm sure things will get better in time, until then try to figure out what works best.

kauser-I haven't seen many posts from you lately. Just wondering how things are going.

I would encourage anyone who is feeling depressed for more than a few weeks to see a Psychiatrist. I say a Psychiatrist because I believe people with special needs (this kind of life changing surgery) need to be monitored better than a PCP can do. Also if you need some medication a Psychiatrist knows much better what to prescribe than a PCP.

I lived with major depression for years. It caused me to stay in an abusive relationship and make some very bad life decisions. Don't let yourself slip down that road. There is therapy and meds if needed. There is nothing wrong with taking something to get you over a rough patch! Better living through chemistry I say. Life is too short to be sad. Get help if you need it!

Hey TennJenn, well some days better than others. I went through a rough patch of nausea but seems to be getting better. My biggest problem is getting in some Protein. I don't even try the shakes or drinks anymore they make me gag. Well I start reg food tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. How have you been?