Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your top three "gems" of knowledge to pass on to others after sleeve surgery?

Eat and drink SLOWLY

Get your Protein in daily

Get plenty of rest so your body can heal.

Find a Protein drink that you like. It's important to get your Protein in. The folks that seem to be tired and have little energy are the ones that hate the Protein drinks.

Try looking at the thread "rate the protein drinks." the nectar drinks seem to be popular.

1. Listen to your body and stop eating when you are no longer hungry, not full or stuffed.

2. Fuel your body with healthy foods.

3. Exercise is key to losing weight and improving your health.

I think yogurt is fine. There is non fat yogurt. I eat non fat blue berry Greek yogurt with 10 grams of Protein and 100 calories. It's a great snack, non fat with protein.

1. Drink water, sips, often . I carry a fresh bottle into the car with me every day.

2. Get your protein, I like Myoplex by EAS chocolate cream. I drink 3OZ several times a day.

3. walk, move, reach, breath deep. get into a regular exercise progam as soon as you are allowed to by your Dr. even if it is just walking around the "block". Exercize is the key. Making time for yourself is paramount.

4. Yes, 4. I need to add one more. Enjoy the little Non Scale Victories that come daily. Even write them down. Just the little feelings of happiness that come along so unexpectedly. The way my husband is looking at me now. I met some nice neighbors since walking. There are beautiful leaves falling now, that I get to kick with my feet-that I can see w/out bending over. Looking forward to finding a new Soup. Having my hairdresser notice my skin looks better, (she did not notice/comment the weight loss) Painting my toe nails without getting winded. Bladder leaks gone. Those are a few little things I am enjoying.

So, that is my 4 top things you need to do/expect after surgery.

Mine are:

1: Enjoy the journey, the end results will be super, but getting there is so fun too! Enjoy and journal it even!

2: Share the experience - the more people hear about this procedure, the better, you may help save someone else's life by your example and your testimony!

3: Have a positive attitude, it helps in every aspect of your life, and especially with this new chapter in your life! Be grateful you found out and chose this in time!

I know I am!

Cheers,

Donna

Do you think yogurt and cheese doesn't help to lose weight?

I don't think either one keeps you from losing weight - I eat cheese every day and I continue to lose weight - and it doesn't bind me up as many say it does to them - when I was early out, string cheese was a lifesaver for me. I haven't been able to tolerate yogurt since surgery - it's a consistency thing for me - but Bearded eats a lot of yogurt and he's losing weight too.

Water

Protein

Vitamins

Group support

Exercise

Find a new hobby

Forgive yourself for your past