Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to introduce myself.......

I am currently going through all of my pre-op requirements. I am excited and excited and nervous all at once. I am 25 and live in Baltimore. I have been considering WLS for the past 3 yrs, first the band, then the rxy, and now I have finally decided on the Vsg!!!

I would really appreciate if anyone cares 2 share their story or insight with me.

P.S. I am a Migraine sufferer and was wondering is/was there anyone who experienced Migraines before WLS? If so, did they go away after losing the weight? If not, what are you able to take since having WLS?

Thanks in Advance:biggrin0:

Hi and welcome. I am also new and soon to have surgery, actually in about 10 days. Where are you having surgery? There's alot of knowledgable people here and everyone is behind you.

Kauser

Hi Kauser,

My doctor is Dr Alex Gandsas, at Sinai Hospital, in Baltimore. I will probably get my date in about a month or so. When and where will you be having your surgery? I hope that you will keep me updated on your progress and we could maybe be each other's support since we are both pre-sleevers~:lol0:

I was glad to find this site, that focuses on vsg's

Just wanted to introduce myself.......

I am currently going through all of my pre-op requirements. I am excited and excited and nervous all at once. I am 25 and live in Baltimore. I have been considering WLS for the past 3 yrs, first the band, then the rxy, and now I have finally decided on the Vsg!!!

I would really appreciate if anyone cares 2 share their story or insight with me.

P.S. I am a Migraine sufferer and was wondering is/was there anyone who experienced Migraines before WLS? If so, did they go away after losing the weight? If not, what are you able to take since having WLS?

Thanks in Advance:biggrin0:

WELCOME, WELCOME WELCOME!!!

I had my surgery on 6/12/09 - so 2 weeks ago today. My surgeon was Albeto Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico and don't believe that I could have picked a better surgeon or location. The entire procedure was wonderful.

The pain from the surgery is minimal - right after surgery I had pain in my left shoulder blade from the gas - then the next day it was under my left boob ... and then it was gone. Other than that the only other "pain" I had - if you can truly call it that - was where the drain was -- and it wasn't truly pain, more of a tenderness.

As for the gas - a heating pad helped alot ... And think about it ... it's a time in your life when everyone is really HAPPY when you fart and belch :lol0:

The past two weeks have been good. I was released from the hospital after 3 nights and each day is better. I went back to work 1 week after my surgery and have been there every day since.

The only thing I struggle with at this time is getting in all of the required Protein (60-70 gms) and fluids. Since the surgery, everything is so sickening sweet, that I can only tolerate about 2 sips of anything. I have found that I am able to tolerate Tomato Soup and tonight I am having reduced sodium cream of chicken and while it still tastes a bit salty, it does taste good.

If you have any other questions, as away.

Hello and welcome!!! I also get many Migraines, I was told that I could take meds if needed right up until surgery. Since my surgery a bit over 2 weeks ago, I have not had one, but you can still take your meds. You may have to crush them or cut them small but it should not be an issue.

Hello and welcome!!! I also get many Migraines, I was told that I could take meds if needed right up until surgery. Since my surgery a bit over 2 weeks ago, I have not had one, but you can still take your meds. You may have to crush them or cut them small but it should not be an issue.

You know what you might check out as well -- I used to get "migraines" terribly to the point that I thought my head would explode. Come to find out, I have TMJ. I see my chiro once a week and he adjust my jaw back into place. I also saw my dentist and he had a mouthpiece made for me that I wear at night ... it's incrediby sexy -- LOL ... regardless, it helps tremendously and my "migraines" have dissipated.

Did you forget my hubby is a chiropractor? :lol0: Nah mine is caused by a damaged nerve in my eye from a car accident. But a lot of people do get them from TMJ.

Did you forget my hubby is a chiropractor? :lol0: Nah mine is caused by a damaged nerve in my eye from a car accident. But a lot of people do get them from TMJ.

No, didn't forget at all ... was actually talking to the OP, just quoted your response. I see my chiro so often Bob refers to him as my boyfriend ... LOL

My surgery is with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. Sure I will keep you updated and we can go through this together. :lol0:

My surgery is with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. Sure I will keep you updated and we can go through this together. :lol0:

You'll be so happy with your decision and your entire experience. I strongly recommend bringing your heating pad ... and a box of Puffs -- they don't supply either.

No, didn't forget at all ... was actually talking to the OP, just quoted your response. I see my chiro so often Bob refers to him as my boyfriend ... LOL

I was just teasing ya! <3

Dr. Campos brought me a heating pad. I only used it one night.

Dr. Campos brought me a heating pad. I only used it one night.

I used it every night -- just kept moving it around to whereever it felt the best ... it was very helpful the first 2 days when the gas was moving around.

Thanks VegasAngel for that information!!! I will definitely look into seeing a chiropractor!! What symptoms did you eperience with TMJ? Or was this solely discovered upon being evaluated by a chiropractor? I am so ready to be over these things.

Thanks VegasAngel for that information!!! I will definitely look into seeing a chiropractor!! What symptoms did you eperience with TMJ? Or was this solely discovered upon being evaluated by a chiropractor? I am so ready to be over these things.

My jaws pop whenever I chew -- I didn't think anything of it, until apparently it became louder over time and people started commenting on it. On top of that, I started getting massive headaches - debilitating at times - that woudn't go away. I was surfing the net one evening and thought I'd check it 0ut -- I seemed to have a lot of the indicators for TMJ. So, since I see my chiro weekly, I asked him if he could adjust my jaw and why. He said sure and he did -- he said it was way out ... and within 20 minutes, the headache was gone. So I made an appt. with my dentist, who took some x-rays and did some prodding around with his fingers - and raised me right out of my seat - and said "yep, you have TMJ" So I was fitted for a mouth piece, which took about 3 weeks (and $300) and in the interim, I saw my chiro 2x a week to keep the headaches at bay. Now I wear the mouthpiece to bed everynight (let me tell you, it's SEXY) and still see my chiro once a week and that seems to keep it at bay. I did have trouble around surgery time I guess from really clenching my teeth (go figure) and saw my chiro on Tuesday after getting home on Monday and again, within 30 minutes, headache was gone.

If you think you may have it, I would suggest starting with a chiro and then going to see your dentist ... the two work hand in hand.