Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crashing

I don't know if anyone else experiences this but I find if I eat too much or something that disagrees with me like my Protein Shake I have to take to my bed and sleep it off. Its really strange but after 1-2 hours sleep I am OK again. I have never had this happen to me before VSG.

:001_rolleyes:

I haven't had that experience but I have felt nauseaus after eating past the point of being full. It also happens when I eat too quickly. It's strange, but I get the hiccups and that's a sign to stop eating.

I haven't had that experience but I have felt nauseaus after eating past the point of being full. It also happens when I eat too quickly. It's strange, but I get the hiccups and that's a sign to stop eating.

I have learned that there are certainly soft stops and hard stops with sleeves just like bands!

I am having to learn these lessons the hard way too. Even a glass of milk reduced me my bed this morning. But I don't have problems with yoghurt?

I am having to learn these lessons the hard way too. Even a glass of milk reduced me my bed this morning. But I don't have problems with yoghurt?

Lactose intolerance? OregonDaisy has the same issue, she can eat yogurt but not milk or ice cream.

I was born allergic to milk so I know what I can and can't tolerate... cheeses (yes), milk (no), icecream (no), frozen yogurt (yes). Try staying off dairy for a few days and then gradually introduce things back into your diet and see how it goes.

I don't know if anyone else experiences this but I find if I eat too much or something that disagrees with me like my Protein shake I have to take to my bed and sleep it off. Its really strange but after 1-2 hours sleep I am OK again. I have never had this happen to me before VSG.

:blink:

Jane - is it only dairy products? I have found for quite some time, if I don't have enough Protein in my system and I eat something with any sugar in it, it is as though someone has given me a sleeping pill and I can barely keep my eyes opened. I have also discovered when I get that way, if I eat a piece of cheese, it ususally passes... now that is all said BEFORE my sleeve ... I do not know what will happen post-sleeve. Just a thought.

I have not been able to eat milk, ice cream ice milk or whipped cream for many years; however, yougurt, cheese, frozen yogurt and items that have dairy that has been cooked/heated (like soup) doesn't affect me.

Hope you figure it out. I'd be in trouble if I had to take to bed for two hours while at work ...although at times that would be nice!

when banded....my sign was "sneezing". I learned to stop with the sneeze! one more bite after that was "evil"

I am wondering if sleved will be the same

Jane - is it only dairy products? I have found for quite some time, if I don't have enough Protein in my system and I eat something with any sugar in it, it is as though someone has given me a sleeping pill and I can barely keep my eyes opened. I have also discovered when I get that way, if I eat a piece of cheese, it ususally passes... now that is all said BEFORE my sleeve ... I do not know what will happen post-sleeve. Just a thought.

I have not been able to eat milk, ice cream ice milk or whipped cream for many years; however, yougurt, cheese, frozen yogurt and items that have dairy that has been cooked/heated (like soup) doesn't affect me.

Hope you figure it out. I'd be in trouble if I had to take to bed for two hours while at work ...although at times that would be nice!

Thanks for the tip re the cheese and the rest. I was wondering if it was the lactose in the skimmed milk that did it. Previously it was caused by chinese flovoured spare rib which was probably too fatty and coated with sucrose.

It's really strange getting used to a new digestive system. I must admit I underestimated this part of the process. However I am still very glad I got this op done as I could not have carried on the way I was.

I wonder if I could take a camp bed to the office :blink: