Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Marc Neff -- Cherry Hill, NJ

I had my surgery September 22, 2008, after sixteen months of fighting insurance. During my journey, I had checked out three surgeons/programs before deciding on Dr. Neff.

The first doctor was actually a few years ago, after a friend had RNY...I decided I just wasn't ready yet. Then when I decided to research surgery again, I first went to the Virtua meeting. I admit, I was turned off a bit that the surgeon didn't show up for the group meeting. We were told he had a cold. The program seemed fine, but I wasn't sure. A friend suggested I go to Kennedy's seminar and meet Dr. Neff. I am so happy I did.

Dr. Neff is one of the kindest people I have ever met. I say this often, but you can often find a meticulous, wonderful doctor with a poor or so/so bedside manner, or you can find a doctor with great bedside manner, but maybe you don't feel 100% confident when you talk to him/her. In my experiece, it has been rare to find someone that has both, as does Dr. Neff.

Every visit I have had has been with him. I never feel rushed, he always takes the time to answer any questions and always seems genuinely pleased to see me. He has a great sense of humor and is quite witty and a bit sarcastic...which I adore. I remember the first meeting when someone asked "How long do you stay in the hospital after surgery". His response, with a big smile, "Me? I go home that night, spend time with the kids, have some dinner. You, you'll be in the hospital a couple of days..."

The day of surgery, he came to visit and talk again about the surgery and what to expect that day. He left "to get ready" and they came and started my IV and getting me ready "for my part". I didn't get nervous until I got to the OR and they started moving and doing all their stuff..then I looked down at my feet and there he was -- he pinched my foot, told me not to worry and I woke up in recovery.

Dr. Neff came every night to see me, told me everything had gone well. He made sure that I not only had a nutritionist come, and the blood thinners (which I was sent home with as well), pain pills, anti nausea meds but I had breathing treatments, a physical therapist to make sure I could walk ok. He had a special bariatric bed --- and was very upset that it wasn't there originally -- but it was there before I went back into bed that night.

A side note on the bed -- it was an air matress type of bed, that folded up into a chair and then lifted me up so that I didn't have to strain to get in and out of bed.

Never did I feel like I was a bother, it felt like a friend was popping in to say hi. He did absolutely everything to make sure I had no complications, and I had none.

The hospital staff, save one employee, was very nice and kind. They were helpful, supportive and just so sweet. I signed up for an after program with the nutritionist and she's wonderful -- I highly recommend her (Valerie Joo)

Today is my nine month follow up with him...I am down 161 pounds, have lost 30 inches off my waist and hips. I completed a five mile walk for the American Heart Association and my life has never been the same.

I am the smallest I have been since college -- almost two decades ago. This month is my birthday and it will be the first birthday I can remember --- ever-- that I am smaller than I was last year. I can't tell you how exciting that is.

I highly recommend Dr. Neff -- and wish everyone luck on their journey.

Welcome and thank you for posting about your positive experience. Congratulations on your great weight loss.

I had my surgery September 22, 2008, after sixteen months of fighting insurance. During my journey, I had checked out three surgeons/programs before deciding on Dr. Neff.

The first doctor was actually a few years ago, after a friend had RNY...I decided I just wasn't ready yet. Then when I decided to research surgery again, I first went to the Virtua meeting. I admit, I was turned off a bit that the surgeon didn't show up for the group meeting. We were told he had a cold. The program seemed fine, but I wasn't sure. A friend suggested I go to Kennedy's seminar and meet Dr. Neff. I am so happy I did.

Dr. Neff is one of the kindest people I have ever met. I say this often, but you can often find a meticulous, wonderful doctor with a poor or so/so bedside manner, or you can find a doctor with great bedside manner, but maybe you don't feel 100% confident when you talk to him/her. In my experiece, it has been rare to find someone that has both, as does Dr. Neff.

Every visit I have had has been with him. I never feel rushed, he always takes the time to answer any questions and always seems genuinely pleased to see me. He has a great sense of humor and is quite witty and a bit sarcastic...which I adore. I remember the first meeting when someone asked "How long do you stay in the hospital after surgery". His response, with a big smile, "Me? I go home that night, spend time with the kids, have some dinner. You, you'll be in the hospital a couple of days..."

The day of surgery, he came to visit and talk again about the surgery and what to expect that day. He left "to get ready" and they came and started my IV and getting me ready "for my part". I didn't get nervous until I got to the OR and they started moving and doing all their stuff..then I looked down at my feet and there he was -- he pinched my foot, told me not to worry and I woke up in recovery.

Dr. Neff came every night to see me, told me everything had gone well. He made sure that I not only had a nutritionist come, and the blood thinners (which I was sent home with as well), pain pills, anti nausea meds but I had breathing treatments, a physical therapist to make sure I could walk ok. He had a special bariatric bed --- and was very upset that it wasn't there originally -- but it was there before I went back into bed that night.

A side note on the bed -- it was an air matress type of bed, that folded up into a chair and then lifted me up so that I didn't have to strain to get in and out of bed.

Never did I feel like I was a bother, it felt like a friend was popping in to say hi. He did absolutely everything to make sure I had no complications, and I had none.

The hospital staff, save one employee, was very nice and kind. They were helpful, supportive and just so sweet. I signed up for an after program with the nutritionist and she's wonderful -- I highly recommend her (Valerie Joo)

Today is my nine month follow up with him...I am down 161 pounds, have lost 30 inches off my waist and hips. I completed a five mile walk for the American Heart Association and my life has never been the same.

I am the smallest I have been since college -- almost two decades ago. This month is my birthday and it will be the first birthday I can remember --- ever-- that I am smaller than I was last year. I can't tell you how exciting that is.

I highly recommend Dr. Neff -- and wish everyone luck on their journey.

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I am having my surgery in 7 days and I am so nervous. Your experience makes me feel relaxed and gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I am having my surgery in 7 days and I am so nervous. Your experience makes me feel relaxed and gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

I just picked Dr. Neff :) I'm in my Pre-op stage!