Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well got a call today that I was positive for sleep apnea ,, I know u have to get a cpap so I'm wanting to know how is it sleeping with something on ur face?? I sleep crazy and all over the place how will this work??

Hi sylvia...I was also diagnosed with sleep apnea during the pre testing phase. I got my Cpap the middle of July. I won't lie it takes a bit to get used to it but like anything else you adapt and figure it out. I started with least invasive which was nasal pillows but I found them to be a pain so I switched to a full face mask ( which just covers my mouth and nose). For me it works better.

I will tell you I feel remarkably better during the day-awake ,alert, and way more energy after using it for awhile.

Just remember in the beginning you may only wear it a few hours then rip it off at some weird hour of the night but each night you will wear it longer....you will feel the difference!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Thanks for ur reply,, well I guess I'll wait for the script and then go from there. One thing I am ready to have more energy . I'm tired of always being tired, ur know

Well got a call today that I was positive for sleep apnea ' date=', I know u have to get a cpap so I'm wanting to know how is it sleeping with something on ur face?? I sleep crazy and all over the place how will this work??[/quote']

I too was diagnosed in Pre op testing.

Have a C-pap since mid August. No prob. Waaaay less probs than the sleep test. I have full face mask. For the nose buds they Said I had to sleep with my mouth closed.

I asked. " how do I control that while in a deep sleep?"

My machine is so quiet and comfy I forget I have it on.

I know I am sleeping more deeply.

Yes a cpac is very useful to sleep the night. I been using one for around 15 years and never really had any problems. Since I have very serve sleep apnea. according to my sleep doctor even after i lose the weight i am always going to have to wear it.

I have had c-pap for ten years and wow has it made a difference in so many aspects of my life!! sleep deprivation can lead to so many other problems!! Getting adequate sleep will also help you on your weight loss journey because you will have more energy to move!! I love my nasal pillows!! I like to watch a little TV in bed and this allows me to still see! Good luck!!! Soon you will know what it us like to feel more rested!!

I agree with all the posts here I have been on my CPAP for 10 years and I have to say that it changed my life I cannot imagine sleeping without it now. Like an earlier poster mentioned it takes a little bit of getting used to but stick with it you will not regret it.

Good luck