Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Wow! and this is the season of love, peace and good will to man.

We all have our own issues and that's why we are on here. Come on guys. Let's be allowed to voice our opinions and others not take it personally. I've lost 80 some pounds and damn proud of it. I feel badly for those who continue to struggle with small losses.

I am a firm believer in "thoughts become things" and if we continue to dwell on our problems we will only attract more problems. Easier said than done but lets look for the good in life and while I may not agree with your opinions I respect your right to them and your right to post them..........that's why I live in America!

I live in Texas but I have also lived in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Pennsylvania and West Virginia and I can tell you that it's not where you live that makes you who you are, it is what you carry in your heart. I happen to have a very big heart with lots of love and compassion for my fellow man and I wish you all the very best that life has to offer. But life only "offers" it, you have to accept it and being bitchy and hateful to one another will only get you the same.

Off my soap box for now..............I don't usually go down this road but you guys really pushed my buttons this morning.

I was banded on 6/13/06 and lost 133#--due to a hernia/gall bladder removal/scar tissue i could not keep anything down ...so out came the band on 11/27/07 and converted to a rny...I am feeling MUCH better and its like I did not have ANY surgery. I cannot believe how troubled I was with the band...I I see that many of you also have problems....rest assured that if you HAVE to lose the band there is hope and life after the band!! I absolutely did not want the rny...but now am very happy I could do that instead--too damn old to be fat again and lose the regular way with no help....

Well good grief... I did not know my comments would insult anyone, and it was not meant to. Yes I did pick 80+ pounds, cause alot of you have lost that or more, but did not mean to pick on one person... or anyone for that matter. From what I have noticed everyone here complains about plateaus at one time or another... even when they have lost way more than me... so I don't feel sorry about a plateau 60,70,80, or 90 lbs down.

I was not on the board for a while. I don't come here, because I KNOW I am a band loser. I could Whine/Gripe/Moan about what got me here, how the band has failed me, how my doctors have failed, and how I have failed myself, but I did not have anything to say.

As for bipolar: more people have it than you think... and they don't use it as an excuse for anything. They have it and deal with it. But no matter what I say, someone is obviously going to be mad, but whatever...

As for where we live Lacee... I didn't even realize you were from NY... so you just proved your own stereotype... as for you leaving... Hope you find what you are looking for with the other site.

So sorry to have brought drama to this thread. It was unintenional. I hope everyone has a happy holiday season and a happy new year.

Thank you very much and have a nice day...:eek:

Well good grief... I did not know my comments would insult anyone, and it was not meant to. Yes I did pick 80+ pounds, cause alot of you have lost that or more, but did not mean to pick on one person... or anyone for that matter. From what I have noticed everyone here complains about plateaus at one time or another... even when they have lost way more than me... so I don't feel sorry about a plateau 60,70,80, or 90 lbs down.

I was not on the board for a while. I don't come here, because I KNOW I am a band loser. I could Whine/Gripe/Moan about what got me here, how the band has failed me, how my doctors have failed, and how I have failed myself, but I did not have anything to say.

As for bipolar: more people have it than you think... and they don't use it as an excuse for anything. They have it and deal with it. But no matter what I say, someone is obviously going to be mad, but whatever...

As for where we live Lacee... I didn't even realize you were from NY... so you just proved your own stereotype... as for you leaving... Hope you find what you are looking for with the other site.

So sorry to have brought drama to this thread. It was unintenional. I hope everyone has a happy holiday season and a happy new year.

Thank you very much and have a nice day...:eek:

Poodles :

What are you talking about I proved my stereo type? Iam not a rude person! I really feel for you in your many problems with the band and I supported your so much.

As for my Bipolar Iam not using it for any excuses in my weight or in my life. Unless you have a mental illness and deal with depression yourself please do not judge me or others who do.

You were very cruel in your post by judging others.

Not all of us are where we want to be with our Band, I know Iam not. Iam thankful for whatever I have lost.

I am sorry if I took offense to your post or it seemed I came across as " Bitchy" it is not in my nature!

What Iam about to say truly comes from my heart whether or not you believe me or not- I REALLY WISH THE BEST FOR YOU AND HOPE THAT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU WITH YOUR BAND.

I realize that you are really hurting right now and you needed to vent, that is what the board is here for, we are all intitled to our opinions.

When these are hurtful or bash others who have worked hard and have reached success that is when I feel is is not fair so that is why I took offense.

For those who felt I was wrong in what I wrote, Iam truly sorry!

Lisa

A former June Bandster Crew Member!

Former June band crew member means no more posts!!!!

Poodles hang in there. I'm with you. I only have 1 cc now awaiting the test. I can eat anything and do. The doctor has mentioned 'the sleeve' to me saying that some just can't tolerate the band. One thing I know, I cannot be trusted without something. I can't do this on my own. If the band is not going to work for me I might have to consider something more drastic.

Good wishes, thoughts, and prayers go out to all. We are in this together, through success and setbacks.

What a crazy month and things are still "nuts", but closer to normal.

We finally have some kind of order in our new place. I love our new home. Casual is another word for "everything could use updating, so I guess I'll wait!!!" I'm surprised with myself that I'm not itching to "redo" everything, but I even love the uneven satillo tile on all our porches. DH calls it "rustic". I haven't been this happy in years!!!!

I've gained 5 pounds since Tgiving. No big deal. I have my band and you guys to help me through. Barbara12, it's those darn easy foods and I've taken a real shine to buttered popcorn in the evenings. I used to eat one cup. Now the dogs and I share a bag. Gotta remember this is for the long haul!!

One minor problem - lots of dental work being done and my surgeon is 80 miles from here. Implant next Wednesday and then another endless round of fittings for crown, etc., but after 8 months I can happily say I'm probably l/2 way through. Hah!

Poodles, I am so glad you are hanging in there. None of us have it made, but your bravery in all you've faced has reminded me not to whine (too much) over some of my more insignificant issues.

Barbara4, so glad you are scheduled for that EGD. I'd wait on that sleeve if I were you. It sounds like the surgery would mimic a band without the adjustment factor. Yikes!!!!

Barbara12, thanks for your soapbox speech.

I wanted people to be more active about posting, but I wasn't really looking to cause problems. I understand those who don't want to post about problems. I remember being very reluctant to post when I had my slip, but everyone here was great about being there for me. I also now feel reluctant to post my success because I don't want people to feel bad if it isn't working for them. I understand that everyone needs different things and maybe this board doesn't give you what you want/need. I just want to say that I am very happy to "know" you all either virtually/online or the ones I have met in person. I hope we can all find our way down the path not only to weight loss but to happiness.

Well I lost weight and my life SUCKS right now. Being lighter don't make it easier. We all have our problems whether its with the band or otherwise. This is a support board however and we should all keep that in mind! I pray that all of us find success in 2008. Cause Lord knows 2007 sure wasn't my year weight or health or stress. Thank God I lost weight in 2006 because I have not lost a lbs since Jan 2007, hows that for a plateau. Lets all just try to get along and support eachother where each of us are at, its not a competition. (if it was SoCalGal done passed me, LOL)

Poodles you know I love and adore you and I hate that you have been through so much. I wish I could help, but I do pray for you all the time. We do however expect your support, were not asking you to feel sorry for us when we have our issue's. They are not the same as yours but VERY real to us nonetheless.

Lets remember the REASON FOR THE SEASON GUYS!!!

LOVE TO ALL THE 2006 JUNE BANDSTERS!!

p.s. ok let the flaming begin, lol!

The nicest experience of the band has been this group. We have all been there for each other. Sometimes its been tough love, sometimes jealousy, sometimes sadness, sharing in the joys. We've had weddings, deaths, partners splitting, slipped bands, reuniting with long lost relatives, in general, life. We don't always agree, but we agree to listen and be there for support. Sometimes the frustrations overwhelm us and we say things maybe we should not. Or sometimes the words take on different meanings to others once posted than what we intended. That is the reality of posting and emails in general.

We are all in this together. We are here for each other.

Now for my private mail sender: sorry you feel such hate for me. It doesn't bother me that you think so little of me. However, although I'm proud to be referred to as a Southern B (I'm sure you mean belle), I'm really from Baltimore. You know that little city on the same coast!

Off to do some shopping and lunching with friends. Have a great weekend everyone!

I went to my primary care physician yesterday for the first time since being banded! Crazy, eh? Well, I have Kaiser insurance and they don't do lap-bands, only gastric bypass and I never qualified for that(not that I wanted it either!) I did do Opti-Fast with Kaiser many years ago. Anyway, I called because I heard that Kaiser was starting to do lap-bands, but it turns out it is only in Northern California right now. I was hoping to join a support group here or be able to get my fills through my insurance instead of going to Mexico. Wel, they still wanted me to come in for blood work. The doctor also told me that my goal should be 155! He said I shouldn't lose anymore or I won't feel right. hmmmm...I weighed 160 yesterday at the office, but that was fully clothed with shoes, belt, etc. I usually weigh myself in the morning in just my undies/bra. Anyway, I go in for blood work on Monday, so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm feeling fine, but I have a cold right now. The doctor didn't really know anything about the lap-band so I schooled him! It's a rainy day here in sunny Southern California! I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hi Guys,

I've been on the road the last couple days driving home to Houston from Atlanta so I just spent the last few minutes catching up on the posts here and I'm lovin it! The board had gone dead for so long and it's great that it's active again. I've missed you guys and who cares if we get catty with each other...........we're women, we're allowed!

I too have issues going on in my life, big issues, and I won't burden you all with the details but I am turning a big corner and I see bright skies ahead. I've been in a dark tunnel for sometime now but I know 2008 is going to be a great year for me and I hope and pray it will be wonderful for all my friends here. Please, even if we don't always agree or even really like each other, let's continue to support one another. It's like your relatives..........you don't really chose them but you wouldn't trade them even if you could. We have a bond and we need to be there for each other.

SoCalGal, I am green with envy. You are my role model. I mean that sincerely, I am so proud of you and so happy for your success. Please keep us updated on your health and your progress. You are an inspiration.

The holidays can be rough for some people. If it's not all the food it's depression or both..........let's keep posting and venting and griping and supporting and whatever else we want to do here. It's good therapy!

Love to all.

Hey there! I just wanted to check in. I've been in Indy all week for training. I haven't had much time to catch up on the board. But I agree with barb 12 ...it's nice to see the board move and hear from people we haven't heard from in awhile. It's very cold. I am not use to this cool, brisk air in the North. But it's been a good trip and nice to meet up with some old friends.

Well, I hope that everyone is having a great Holiday Season Thus far. Drop in when you can.

Melissa Lea

Regina, your comments on no weight lost in 2007 really hit home. After my Thanksgiving "plump", I'm focusing on healthy choices. There isn't one cookie or piece of pie (ok maybe the macadameia nut cookie) that tasted good enough to justify this last gain. One small portion - why didn't I stop at that?

Hello everyone. I have not been posting but have been reading.

This is better than daytime soap opera !!!!!!!

I hope everone has a great Christmas and Santa bring them everything they wanted. But please remember the reason for the season.

Hi all! I didn't go in for my blood work until Friday for various reasons like work schedule, needing to fast for 12 hours, having a cold and Aunt Flo!! Anyway, I got my results and everything was good for the most part. My thyroid level was normal, good cholesterol, normal liver function, etc. My Iron was low, but like I said Aunt Flo was in town and I had to fast over 12 hours for the test. My platelets were low too. There were some other tests that had initials that I didn't know, so I'll just wait to see if the doctor calls. He said if I didn't hear from him, I was fine, but that he would call if there was a concern. I am taking my daily Multi-Vitamin and Calcium and liquid iron, but I found a new brand of Vitamins that has higher doses than my current brand, so I may switch once I run out of this one. I have been tired, but I was attributing that to working 2 jobs and my SAD(seasonal affective disorder). I was on anti-depressants for years and took myself off of them when I had lap-band done. I am too stubborn to acknowledge that weight wasn't my only reason for depression, that I actually have brain issues! I refuse to go back on the meds unless my depression become debilitating again!

EVERYONE- give me your advice about my goal weight! I am 5'6" and 155. My doctor says I shouldn't lose anymore weight. But like I said, I'm stubborn and I want to reach my goal of 150. Do you think I should try for 150 or less or stay where I am?