Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hi all,

Well after several months of intentionally staying a bit loose so I can enjoy life, I have decided to break down and get a small fill. I am still losing ever so slowly (2-3 lbs. a month), but with the holidays approaching, and starting to feel hungry sooner after a meal, and able to eat quite a bit at a sitting, I think I'll just head off two months of plateau, and hopefully avoid temptation like I did so successfully this time last year. My BF has put on 20 lbs in the year since we met (mostly finishing off my restaurant dinners!) and he's ready to get serious now, too, so we can support each other. I've got 30 more pounds to goal, and April 1 is my target date. Time for a jump start. How are the rest of you doing? Seems awful quiet lately. Are we all slowing down as we inch closer to goal? How are you going to get through the holidays? Who is too tight and who is too loose?

I hear that wanting to be loose, but needing to be filled feeling. I can eat too much and then bam I'm closed. I'm either open or closed. Sinus and stress are playing havoc with my band. I'm not doing anything until after the new year and all our trips. I just hope I don't gain.

Went to dinner tonight with my local support group. It was good to see PinkyLee and her DH. Again, welcome to the neighborhood. PinkyLee is looking really thin these days!!!

I'm still learning with this darn band. I am realizing that the week before my period, I am SO TIGHT, I can barely tolerate solid food. I had a small can of tuna for lunch and have been sliming every since. Do you all treat slime episodes like a PB-going on liquids for 24 hours? I've been at 160 for a few days-need to update my ticker. I hope you are all out there somewhere doing well. Let's all do a check-in post!

Hello

I was banded on June 26 and lost 15 lbs between the pre op and after surgery and I am fluctuating between 203 and 206, after my last fill I went down to 200 from 205 and gained it back. I have had 4 fills. I have a 10cc band and :

fill 1 3ccs

fill 2 3ccs

fill 3 1cc

fill 4 1cc last month

I have one more free fill and then I won't be getting anymore fills since I was quoted a monthly payment of 367$ per month and when I got my bill it was and has been for 590$ which cuts into my fill budget.

I am so depressed I have not lost any weight these past 3 months. I am eating small portions I could exercise more but I should have lost at least 10 lbs by now. Also my doctor in his info packet that they would take care of gallstones or anything else while in there and they repaired a hernia and then charged me 1,297.00$, they send it to my insurance and still I have to pay 497$ so I won't be able to get a fill until I am done paying for my loan. I am sooooo sad, depressed and frustrated. Right now this surgery was not worth it for me.

Thank you for reading this.

Forever Love Nursery - Reborn & newborn baby dolls for adoptions

Sorry for your troubles. If you read our thread from the beginning you will see that most of us have had our issues. It sounds like you have a big band and needed a big fill to get restriction. Restriction is how the band works and without it you will struggle as you did before the band. Also, you could be losing some of your fill which happens. My advice is to do whatever you can to get the fills. Without them you won't have much success.

checking in!! I'm sad, depressed and not losing anything. So I haven't posted because my life has been in shambles and I don't want to bring anybody down, so sorry if I've done that.

You didn't bring me down Regina! You brought me UP by checking in! I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Hang in there and remember we are here if you need us!

Hey Regina,

We're here for you. I've been fighting my own depression, though thankfully my anxiety has improved a lot, which just might have coincided with my daughter going away to northern Cal for 5 weeks. Now she's home packing up to move there, because she's found the love of her life, and they'll be getting married within the year. Of course, if you ask me tomorrow, she may have a whole new plan. She may be the most unstable person in the world, but she's an adult and she didn't ask my opinion. At least he's nice and he's gainfully employed. I don't know whether to thank him or warn him.

Have a fill scheduled for November 29. In the meantime, it's TOM, and I've gained 2 lbs. Need to count on walking and willpower for the next three weeks.

Hang in everyone. We can endure all that's thrown at us! :)

I'm having a dfficult time of late. I'm getting stuck a lot and I'm not used to this. I'm PBing or just in pain. When I can finally get something down its junk. I don't know what is going on since this hasn't been my norm. I'm just trying to coast until our trips are over and then go see what the issues are. Weight is still up and down 5 lbs.

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I've been on the board.

Barb --sorry to hear that your getting stuck with your band. I hope that you are able to get some of these issues resolved after the new year and your trips.

Regina --hang in there. You will reach your goal.

I think that I might finally be back on the losing side. I don't want to shout that out to loudly though incase my body hear's it. I even lost 1.5 pounds so far this week during my cycle which NEVER happens. I always gain several pounds of Fluid. I can still feel the bloating and fluid so I am hoping for a great number at the end of the week.

Well, I hope some of you check in before the Holiday next week. Can you believe that it's already next week??

Melissa Lea

I'm heading over to the surgicenter tomorrow at 7:30 am. Dr. Spiegel is supposed to be there. I think my esphogus is swollen or my band has slipped. I think I need to get an unfill before leaving later tomorrow for Scotland. I haven't been able to eat solids for several weeks now. When I do get open its late in the day and only thing that goes down is junk - Soup, crackers, chips, dips. I get tighter on the plane so I don't want problems while I'm gone. I hate this. I'm so afraid to get an unfill as it takes me so long to get any restriction. Hopefully, he can tell me what tests I'm going to need to find what's wrong.

Sorry to hear that Barb4. I hope you get some answers today regarding the multiple issues with your band.

Let us know what happens.

Melissa Lea

Band looks good. He took half my fill out. Will have the EGD test when I get back at surgicenter. He mentioned the gastric sleeve because some can't tollerate the band. UGH. Not thinking about that right now.

Barb 4 --I hope that your EGD turns out ok. If it does/doesn't, sounds like you have alot to think about when you return from your trip. Have fun in Scottland. Take lots of beautiful pictures.

Melissa

Hello Everyone!!

I know that we are all busy with Thanksgiving just a few days away. I am getting ready for the Holiday as well.

I just wanted to tell everyone to have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving Holiday and that I have been very thankful to have each and every one of you on my side in this journey.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Melisssa Lea