Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

SoCalGal, LOL I thought the same thing about the b4 and after. I think our buddy Pinky just likes seeing everyone... LOL

I am on vacation next week, so I will set this challenge out, BUT when I get back it IS ON!!!! I JUST HAVE TO REACH GOAL B4 LOSE MY MIND!!! OOps might be too late for that!!! LOL

You know, you guys are correct. The pics probably won't "prove" much, but it will be fun.

By the way - I've been so open today after struggling the last few days. Sigh, I've been munching - Protein and small bites of fruit, but still grazing. Tomorrow I will really try hard!

Hi all!

I have been so out of the loop lately but for a good reason!

My husband who has asthma was hospitalized late Friday night for pneumonia!

He was in the hospital until Wednesday when they finally released him to come home. He is not 100% but he is home Thank God!

What a scare I had Friday night when he told me I have to go to the hospital and here it was, I do not drive!

My mom drove us to hospital with my son asleep in the carseat in the back of her car.

The ex-ray showed spots on his lungs and he was put in the Respitatory ICU .

I had to sign the Health Care Proxy and he was given last rites thats how bad he was !

Now he is home with a neubulizer machine and a ton of medication! He had to sign the family leave act for work since he will be out for while recovering.

He is a hospital transporter and he can not be pushing strechers and transporting patients for a long time in his condition!

All this on the same weekend as my son's 5th Birthday party! ( His birthday was Sept 19th)

That Saturday the 22nd, I had to have my mom take over his birthday party for 10 kids because, I did not have the heart to cancel the party at Mcdonalds. Needless to say only 5 kids showed up and he got all clothes as gift and was so upset(When I was 5 who wanted clothes as gift, I wanted toys!-lol) Oh and the best part or the worst part the clothes were all the wrong sizes ( my son is small and slim and wears a size 5 ) these were in sizes 6-8 and they had the tags on with no gift reciepts! What fun Iam going to have trying to return these gifts!-lol

My stress level has been extremely high since the last time I had to deal with some one this sick was with my son in 2002 in the NICU when he was born!

This was so scary for me!

It's been really hard not to get stressed out and to keep my husband stress-free so no asthma attack is brought on!

All this while taking care of a very active 5 year old boy!

On the weight front I have hardly have time to eat, if I get in two meals its a major miracle right now!

On Tuesday, I start my training at my son's school for Learning Leaders a volunteer program where I will get training to help students with reading, writing and math within my son's school. I get certification after taking the class and getting approved!

I really hope I get approved this is something I have wanted to do for a really long time now -- Help out kids with reading!

I am a book addict-- I have loved to read since I have been a child! I read 4 books a month and Barnes and Nobles is getting rich on me!-lol

If I can give back to a child this would mean alot to me as a Mom!

Regina: Do not give up- your are almost there- no more negative talk!

Both Barbs: Happy Birthday Belated!!

Poodles: You have my support in whatever you do! I do however, hope you decide to keep your band and have the surgery that Socgal had for the repositioning. May God help you decide!(Iam Catholic so I pray alot!---lol)

I will try to keep you all posted on my husbands conditon. I might not be on the site that much though.

Right now if Iam online its to go on Webkinz.com since my son was given a beagle puppy by friend today and he has been bugging me to set up and play with him on the site. For those who do not know what it is: - Its a toy that has a website where kids can play safe with a virtual pet.

Lisa

Leece- I'm glad your husband is home and healing. I also have asthma and I used to get bronchitis every winter. Last year was the first year in ages that I hadn't. I think losing weight and being more active and eating healthier really helped me. As far as books, I also love to read, but maybe you should check out your local library, used book store or try to find used books online on Amazon or eBay. That could save you alot! I swap with friends and people at work, so that saves me book $$. Barnes and Noble will rip you off!

Pinky- I guess no one joined our challenge, so it's just you and me. I am going to a party tonight(Studio 54 party for a co-worker's 50th bday), so I'll send you a photo either as a PM or in your personal email. You better do the same!

Socalgal - You're on. I partied at a ballgame last night. Frozen lemonaide and peanuts - cost me a pound! We did have fun so I'm going to say it was worth it. I've done really well today. I'm setting my goal at 185.5 - five pounds from Friday. Pics coming!

Leece - Your son and you will have a few chuckles over b-day 5 some day. Good luck on your studies.

Hi all, not reporting much - 1.4 lb lost that can only be claimed because TOM has passed. I'm trying today to have a good diet and exercise day and am hoping to continue this momentum past 24 hours! It's good to read and catch up with everyone's progress. Still waiting on my bodybugg cindy, it is supposed to be in tomorrow!

Leece-. As far as books, I also love to read, but maybe you should check out your local library, used book store or try to find used books online on Amazon or eBay. That could save you alot! I swap with friends and people at work, so that saves me book $$. Barnes and Noble will rip you off!

Socal;

Iam a Member of Barnes and Nobles and only go shopping there when a new title that I like has come out or my Book Club requirement is out. I said they get rich on me as a joke. I never pay full price! As a member I get 40% off and sometimes even more when I get extra coupons. I always buy the bargains and never pay full price. I also do buy on Amazon and I sell back books on both Barnes and Nobles.com, Amazon and also other sites. I do use the local library alot but find that the ones in my area are in terrible need of updated books- its so sad that some of their books are as recent as those that came out like 10 years ago! I have donated some books to them but right now they are not taking anymore books.

I am the one person in my family and on my block that people come to swap books and to get book recommendations since I have pretty much read almost every book out there. I really should type up a list of the books I have read both good and bad for others to look at.

My most recent recommendation is " Middlesex" by Jeffery Eugenides. It was Oprah's summer book club choice and also my own Book Clubs choice as well.

It was an excellent book ( weird topic) but a great read!

Iam right now starting his other book the " Virgin Suicides" and Iam finding it also another great read.

My favorite authors are Jodie Picoult ( "My Sister Keeper") and Mary Higgins Clark. Also Danielle Steel and all the Harry Potter books ( I used to read them to my nephew and I got hooked on them myself !) I also like Alice Sebold( "The Lovely Bones" and" Lucky" and she is comming out with another great book soon called " The Almost Moon ).

On the husband health front:

He seems to be on the mend but, is driving me nuts!-lol

Iam so glad the I start my training for the Learning Leaders Program at my sons school on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Until then I have been cleaning the house and setting out our Halloween stuff. I have kept my son's stuff from nursery, Pre-k and now any Kindergarten and have been putting that out for display.

I bought my son his Halloween custom this weekend and he will be a policeman! It is the cutest outfit and he looks so adorable in it- I will post pics when the time comes.

Iam still waiting on some of the Wedding pictures from my brothers Wedding to post for you all to see. He comes back from his honeymoon( They did a tour of Europe) next week and so I hope to get some of them from him and also my Dad who had been away. They have the ones from the church that I had, but were ruined when that roll of film got stuck in my camera upon rewinding !

Other than that I guess, Iam coping with life.

I hope everyone is doing well and I send my best regards with hugs and smiles.

Lisa:)

How about that Biggest Loser? I love the 3 team process and I wish I could vote on who got sent home!

DH and I discussed a total unfill for me. We were watching The Biggest Loser last night and he noticed that a lot of the healthy food they were eating is difficult for me to eat.

Difficult but not impossible. I'm gonna work on that one.

September allergies and some added stress are bringing lots of PB's my way. It's been a while since I've struggled like this.

Socalgal looks fantastic in the pics she sent me. Her band diary theme has to be determination.

Hey Everyone! I am finally back in town after a week of meetings and conferences. Trying to get caught up on the boards as well to see if I missed anything.

The 5 pound challenge sounds great, but I agree, pics at 5 pounds of loss will not show much difference.

Pinky --as for the healthy foods everyone eats on the biggest loser, I have no problems eating those foods. In fact, I have no problems eating any food. I have a fill appointment in about 2 weeks. I can not wait!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Melissa

Junebies:

I thought twice about posting this but I wanted to share a milestone in my journey.

DH and I were in the car together and a bad pb episode came on. Unfortunately, he was a first time captive audience. The pb's have continued the past few days. He's been stressed over it.

Last night for the first time he told me he thought I should go get totally unfilled. Not that I should quit trying to lose, but that I might be more successful without the fill since pb's lead me to junk food.< /p>

For the first time I felt like someone in my family really understood the challenges I face.

Pinky,

How much do you have in your band? As you can see, I only have 1.6 ccs and haven't had a fill since March. My doctor warned me against getting too tight, he says if your quality of life is not good, with too many food restrictions or PB/golfballs, you will not be successful. I have slowed down in my weight loss, but I'd rather kick up the exercise first than risk being too tight. I can eat almost anything, but not in large quantities. When you were first banded did you feel any restriction at all, or was it not until you had a fill? That should give you some indication of whether a partial or total unfill is the way to go.

Good luck, I think it might be worth trying.

<p>I can eat quite a bit if I eat slow enough (graze is more like it)</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm going to work within the rules as best I can and make a decision on Monday. Last time I was in they told me according to barium swallow, I could get more fill put in, not less.</p> <p> </p> <p>I haven't mentioned it because I whined so about selling our Michigan house, but we've also sold our Pearland house and don't like anything we see well enough to purchase. DS has some room since breaking up with gf (sad - but necessary), so we may crash with him so we don't have to commit to a lease. We're looking for that "final home" to retire in, so we're being really picky. Needless to say it's stressing me out! We have lots of stuff to store or move.</p>

Cathy - I have 3.0 in a 4 band and I'll never get more put in.

Pinky:

Wow girl looking good ! I can not make mine small either so do not feel bad!-lol

I will be posting pics from my brothers Wedding so I hope that they are not huge, and if they are Iam sorry to all, but I look really good in those pics!- lol

Lisa

Hi ladies dad finally sent me his pictures from my brother's wedding and I now can share some of them with you all. If they are huge Iam sorry I can not figure out how to make them small. Also the dam red eyes reduction on my dad's amera was not working well so his pictures have us all looking like devils!-lol

Some of these are actually mine so they are combines pictures from both the ones I took and the ones he took.

I will try to explain who everyone is in the pictures.

Pic 1- Bride and her Dad

Pic 2- My son Andrew as Ringbearer

Pic 3- Her Mom and Dad with Bride and Groom

Pic 4- My parents with Bride and Groom

Pic 5- Me, My son and my parents with Bride and Groom ( I just love how we all look like devil from the red eye!)

Part 2 - set 2 of pictures ins next post.

Lisa

post-211098-13813135568528_thumb.jpg

post-211098-13813135568881_thumb.jpg

post-211098-13813135569208_thumb.jpg

post-211098-13813135569415_thumb.jpg

post-211098-1381313556961_thumb.jpg