Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I have to amend my last post.

I won't be able to make the Dallas trip regardless.

Our Michigan house is costing us financially and mentally. Bob and I need to decompress after this. If I take a trip, it needs to be with him.

If I hadn't gotten on LBT I might have called a divorce attorney. He might say the same. This ain't easy!

Please continue to pray for us.

Please accept one more post?

I had a tooth pulled on Monday. I'm still swollen. My face looks really fat.

I've gained 4 pounds since July. Today I will commit to the old rules and hopefully cutting bad carbs will help me lose some of this fluid!

Bad carbs - refined sugars are addictive.

DRAT. I'm still the only Junebie for the day.

I'm ready for another challenge.

Please post how your day went each day. We won't worry about running totals of Water, calorie or exercise counts. I would like to hear how each of you are doing. Maybe someone's good day will rub off on me.

So far I've had lots of tea, coffee, lite lemonaide and 2 waters.

I've ate my head off - thankfully I've gone through most of the treats in the house

I've sat on my fanny most of the day except when I was at Hobby Lobby.

:whoo:Who's gonna be brave enough to "tell all" for the next few weeks. It should be a hoooooot!

I'm still here Pinky! It's you and me, kid! I have had 6 glasses of Water today. I'm really tight today due to sinuses! The weather is SO HOT and we are expecting thunderstorms, so it's playing havoc with my asthma/allergies and sinuses. Anyway, I had a Protein Bar for Breakfast, some ravioli for lunch and some All-Bran crackers and hummus for dinner. I took my Vitamins, but I didn't exercise because it's TOO HOT! Plus, I have to leave any minute for Back-to-School Night. I'll get the rest of my water in before bed. Have a good weekend Junebies-wherever you are!

Water is no problem. Protein Shake in morning. good gal. ham and cheese for lunch. also good. steak, baked potato (loaded) and peas for supper. not bad, but not good. 6 fig newtons and a handfull of good and plenty candy. bad, bad, bad!!!!!

I'm not going to make Dallas either. I just don't want to make the trip alone. Sorry everyone. Maybe we can try again in the Spring. Maybe we all will be doing better. Football will be over for Barbara12 and maybe she will come too. Sorry. If you go ahead and meet let us know how it went and how much fun ya'll had.

Ok so officially the dallas get together is cancelled....

Because the only people I have heard from are ones that can't make it, every one else has dropped from the radar screen...

Has anyone EVER heard from Lucy yet???

Ok, I'm here too. I've been doing only OK on my eating and drinking, but I have walked two miles five times this week. I've been afraid to get back on the scale after my cruise, since I just hit the -100 lb mark right before I left.

I feel your pain Pinky. When I sold my house in April, it started me on a big time anxiety attack that still hasn't really gone away. Getting two new jobs in a month only made it worse, and frankly, I'm thinking that in addition to my hormones, the fact that I'm not able to self-medicate with food anymore like I used to has only made it worse. I've even been resorting to taking some of my daughter's Ativan. Can't sleep, and I've all but given up caffeine. I guess this is what it's like to really feel emotional distress. It's worth it...I guess ;-). I seem to only be calm when my BF is visiting. He has that effect on me. He didn't come down during the first two weeks of my new job (which I am liking at least), which meant I was a jittery mess most of the time. Luckily, he arrived last night.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend everyone.

Well, Junebies we are still alive and well.

Barbara4, all I can say about Good and Plenty is--I coulda used some yesterday!

Coming to grips with emotional issues without food is tough Cathy. I've eaten my way around the band, to no avail. No lift. Even sugar from the bowl isn't fun any more. Must be we are passing through another phase.

I did get a lot of help after taking a Vicodin to sleep the day my tooth was pulled. I woke up with a rested brain. I wish anti-depressants worked that well on me. Somehow I don't think I can justify the Vicodin. Happily, I don't seem to need anything now. Still depressed at times, but coherent.

Today is a better day. Basement work has been scheduled and we had a showing on our present home (our first) today. I got out my fall decorations and put out all but the black cat. I don't think they're unlucky, but some prospective buyer might.

I've had 4 waters, oatmeal (it actually went down easy), hard boiled egg and a salad. I haven't grazed this afternoon. Enjoying some peach tea. You guys are still the best diet aide out there.

THANKS!

Glad today is a better day PinkyLee. I didn't realize you had put your current house on the market as well. You are really making some major changes. Hope it all works out for you.

I'm hungry all the time. I just think and want to eat food. This is a really bad way to be. Dick and I are going to spend the weekend together. He has decided not to play in the golf tournament after all. We are going to go shopping and just enjoy the time together. Maybe this is what I need to get back on target.

Cathy you know what they say about sex? It calms you down. Maybe when BF is out of town you get wired. :) Glad to hear the job is going well and that he is in town for the weekend. Enjoy. :)

Hey! People aren't confessing their sins! I was just ok today. I had 1/2 a Protein bar for breakfast, some nachos for lunch(with meat for protein, but I couldn't finish) and some chicken wings(maybe 5) for dinner with some celery and carrot. I got my Water in, but haven't taken my Vitamins yet. I will do that now. No exercise either. It was 102 here today! UGH!! My weight is actually below what my ticker says, but I don't change my ticker til I see the lower weight for several days in a row. Have a fab Labor Day weekend all!

I know I have been among the missing lately. I just returned from a visit "home" in West Virginia. I have two brothers that live there. It was a great visit. One brother is very ill and I wasn't sure I would get there in time, it was good to get to see him.

I was pleased to step on the scale and find that I had not gained and actually may have lost a pound or two. I bounce around about 3-4 pounds so it's hard to say when I've lost. I still haven't seen the 170's.

I ate like a tied up hound while I was in WV. Great home cooking and fresh veggies out of the gardens........it was awesome. I was concerned that I would gain but guess it proves that good real food, even if too much of it, is better than the junk food I tend to eat when I'm home.

It was nice to go home and have everyone complimenting me on my weight loss. It made me realize that I really do want to lose this last 20 or so pounds. Maybe the fall season will get us all recommitted. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather.

I walked through the Atlanta airport today.........over a mile. I had the time and decided not to take the tram, it was my first step in starting to exercise again. I am paying for that darn gym membership every month and I haven't been there in August at all................grrrrrrr.

I hadn't eaten anything when I got home today so my hubby took me out for some good mexican food. Then I came home and started right where I left off last week............a BIG bowl of ice cream and then a bowl of popcorn with lots of butter. Getting on here and reading how you guys are doing some of the same things makes me more determined than ever to get this crap under control. When I was a visitor in someone elses house I didn't eat this junk and I did just fine...........I can do it in my own home too.

Please keep posting your problems and successes. It really helps to read everyones challenges.

Pinkylee and Barb465...........I think we need to do a lunch or something to get remotivated.

Barbara12 - So good to hear from you. lunch sounds good, but NO MEXICAN for me! I too lost while in Michigan and quickly put it back on after a day or two of treats. We have to put more muscle behind the band. Enemy #1 and #2 - empty calories and recreational eating.

Where were we a year ago? I was EXCITED and closing in on onederland. Shopping in the "regular" sizes was definitely amazing.

Socalgal - thanks for reminding me about the ticker. Somehow that gives me something to work towards. At one time, I had lost 60 pounds.

I did a little ab work yesterday and my band seemed to be tighter, but not uncomfortable.

NSV - I had my old standby as an evening treat last night. Bottled Water and my Vitamin carmel. It was pretty good.

Hey everyone!

It's good to hear from you Barb12. Wished I could join you 2 for lunch but won't be back in Houston for a couple of weekends now. I was there this weekend and had a very low key weekend, something I really needed.

I actually ate really healthy this past weekend too. I haven't weighed though and will probably hold off a few days since aunt flow has been visiting. I always gain Fluid weight with that.

I hope everyone has had a great Labor Day weekend.

Talk to you all soon.

Melissa

I had a great weekend with BF, and Barbara, you must be right because I'm feeling very relaxed! I think sex is good exercise too, which is good because it was 110 degrees here all weekend. I ate too much and sat around in cool places too much. My BF left me some resistance bands to start working my upper body some more. Tomorrow it's back to walking 2 miles a day and using the bands. And eating right, darn it. Summer vacation is officially over.