Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Just posting to try to make a new page. Hope everyone is doing good. My summer is over and I'm back at work. Still doing hypnosis.

Oh we're here. Eating too much. DH birthday today. Mexican food and Tres Leches cake. Yum yum.

Waiting for PinkyLee to decide about Dallas. If possible, could we move it back a week? She is going to Mich. for house closing on the 14th. I really would like to make the trip with her if possible.

I'm back from my day at Disneyland and cruise to Baja. Must have walked ten miles. Starting my new job this morning too. Hope all is well with the Junebies.

Hi all! Sorry I have not posted in a while. I have been really busy getting my son ready to start kindergarden here in NY on Sept. 4th and then on Sept.15th we fly out to San Fran. for my brother's Wedding. So its been crazy here !

I have last minute doctor appointments for my son to get ready for school.

I had to have my dress dry cleaned - I choose neither of the two that I showed you since- 1. I was told not to wear black since the bridesmaids are wearing black ( dress #1 disappointment!) 2. My cream Wedding dress ended up having a tear on one of the sleeves and it is to delicate to get repaired in time for the Wedding( it has alot of bedding and lace that had to be repaired -dress#2 disappointment!)

So Iam wearing a sliver halter top like a-line dress that I wore to one of my cousin's Wedding. It is a size 20 and loose on me but it looks incredible on me and again no girdle!!!! My arms are not flabby and now have some muscle so I can pull this off and it has a jacket to wear for the church!

My son is excited about being ringbearer and wearing his little black tux!

My husband can not get off work we found out since they let go of one of the other transporters at the hospital where he works ( he is a hospital patient transporter) and so they are now short a transporter and need him for those days.

So its just my son and I(My Mom and her boyfriend are flying out Thrusday- parents have been divorced since I was 20, I have a step-mom! ) flying out Friday, Sept. 14th and comming home on Monday Sept. 17th.

Then that Wednesday is my son's 5th birthday! Iam busy right now trying to plan the party. We are having it at our local YMCA where we are members since it has a party room and the kids can do gym or craft activities for the party games. The theme is "Go Diego Go" since he loves Diego! It going to be a Diego/Safari party!

Not much change on the weight front, Iam trying to get back on track from my vacation "food feast/cheat feast". Iam still holding at 220 and 70 pounds down and Iam very grateful for this loss, but I have to get back on track and back to the gym.

Going to gym has been hard right now with my son home since, I used to go while he was in school.

I tried going at night and it was to busy for my liking!

The early mornings on the weekends are okay but since he is now in soccer camp my time is limited on the weekends now!

I can not wait until he starts school again, so I have my "Mommy Time " back again!

I hope you all are safe from Hurricane Dean, I know it was headed towards Mexico and parts of Texas when last I checked.

Have a great day all, and I will try to keep you posted as the weeks progress.

Love and hugs,

Lisa

Hey June 2006 bandsters! I'm a 2007 June bandster with a question for you guys that are more used to this.... How do you know when you have hit the spot? On my first fill I had no restriction and could eat anything, and I just got my 2nd fill 2 days ago and feel like nothing goes down very easy, I chew chew chew and take 30 minutes to eat even a cut up soft peach. I feel it going down and some gurgling... however, I am hungry all of the time, I thought I was supposed to feel full. I just don't get it, I thought your pouch was supposed to fill up, but I feel like every bite I can feel going through. Thanks in advance for any advise...

Barb I am not avoiding your question I promise. I don't see a problem with it but I am awaiting a confirmation from my hubby on what sat in sept is his company picnic. I think it is the 29th but not sure yet. And he is being slow about finding out for me.... Momma and poodles do you have anyproblems with the 22nd if that is not the weekend of his event?

Hey Everyone!

Sorry been out of the loop. Just got back from Phoenix. Glad to see that everyone is doing ok. Have a great weekend.

Melissa

Hey Everyone!

I hope that everyone is still doing well. I had my second day of physical thereapy for my ankle. It actually went pretty well. I actually showed slight improvement in flexion already. I was happy. I hope to gain full recovery of my ankle in the near future.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Melissa

HELP! Need some support/kicks in the ass/ideas from my fellow junebies...

About a month and a half ago I had to have a complete unfill - I had esophageal spasms, etc. and ended up having to get it all out. I ate like a pig for two weeks, and got refilled again July 31. Well, during that time that I ate like crazy I gained 6 lbs. Not bad I guess. THe problem is that I got my fill of 1.0 (I was at 2.5) and I haven't been able to stop the crappy eating. It's like I started it and can't stop. It's not been an issue of not being filled enough (I have plenty of restriction, trust me - I can't believe I was ever at 2.5). I just eat crap all day. Sweet tea (my absolute biggest downfall), regular cokes, m&m's, chips and salsa, etc. It's not that I'm eating a lot of all of it; just that it's all I"m eating. I haven't exercised in so long. I think I got so complacent because I lost my first 50 lbs with very little effort. And now I feel like I'm on borrowed time before these M&M's become a permanent fixture on my ass (sorry, I'm just being honest). The days I DO eat right, I see no change. I know it's unrealistic to expect overnight change...so...

I need a kick in the ass; A routine; some structure; some indication from you guys that you're still losing too?; a challenge? some advice on how to get away from these cokes and sweet tea? HELP!!!!

Aimee, remember the sugar is like a drug, once you start it you crave it more. You are going to have to force yourself not to eat it for a couple of weeks if you want to stop craving it. However in knowing this doesn't make it easier, I too have not gotten back with the program since my unfill and refill. I haven't lost a lb in 4 months. I think we both need a good kick in the pants. Good luck and fight those urges....

I need to remember that too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been so bad since my little unfill. Its .2 that separates me from completely open to completely closed. I am able to eat most things now. As time goes on I think I get braver and braver too.

Still waiting to hear from others in Houston on the date to Dallas. I really would like some company for the trip. Hopefully PinkyLee or Barbara12 can join us.

Sorry that you are struggling Aimee! I agree with Regina-just get rid of all the sugar in your house. Do you like sweeteners? I know some people are against them, but sweetening your tea with Splenda/Equal/Sweet n Low and drinking Diet cokes can save a LOT of calories. Especially since it is so HOT right now and we are drinking lots of fluids. If possible, drink Water. Just throw away the M&M's. I started to gain again a few months back, but I started hypnosis and got a slight fill and I have lost 14 pounds since June. I've been bad about exercise with the heat, but I'm trying. Don't give up! You know what to do-so DO IT!! Maybe we do need a challenge, but everyone has been pretty busy. I'm up for it if everyone else is!! Little steps help too, since it can be so overwhelming. Lately, all I focus on is my Protein, my water and my Vitamins. If I do those 3 , I'm happy. Now, I'm trying to increase my exercise, my Fiber and my fruits/veggies. Just make one change TODAY and add another one next week. Good luck!

bcrazy-not ignoring your post, but we might need more info. to really help you. Make sure you are honest with your surgeon and get their advice on your hunger level. Head hunger is very evil!

It's good to read the posts. I've been preoccupied with Michigan. We are still dealing with the hickies, but our buyers are solid.

What is it with Junebies - I'm having major food issues too. I've gotten in to afternoon grazing. (putting it mildly) Time to get back at it!

I'm hoping to make Dallas trip if it's the 22nd.