Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Lisa that's interesting. That doesn't happen that way for me. When I'm having an "attack" it lots of PBs. I slime terribly and then start hacking. Sometimes, but very rare, do I throw up food.< /p>

Doing great now that I had an unfill. I try to watch what I eat, but I do get hungry. We have two big weekends filled with activities and travel. Hopefully I won't get too carried away.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hello Ladies!

Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Much going on in my life latley... 20 yr old son who is getting ready to leave for college in 3 weeks, had a motorcycle accident last week. He is ok, but gave us all quite a scare. He couldn't walk up to his apartment (He lives on the third floor) for 4 or 5 days, so I have had him at home helping him to heal, running him to this Dr. & that Dr., etc. But, thank God, no broken bones, not paralyzed and no head or neck injuries! Just a bunch of bumps and bruises, (not to mention the emotional rollar coaster he put me on!!!!) In the midst of all of this, we have been trying to get him ready for college. Financial aid, dorms, tours, classes, OMG!!! What a chore!! He's been going to Jr College for the past year and a half and is now going in as a transfer student to Stephen F. Austin. No way was he ready at 18, not sure if he is now, but I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best! I am excited and nervous all at the same time!

I know I saw a date for dinner in Dallas in September, somebody please let me know what date was decided. And where! I saw that you were asking about shopping. The best shoping in town by far, in my opinion, is up in Frisco. I call it mall Heaven!! You name it, it is there. And it is so nice, I love to go there to shop!!

My scales have finally moved a little more. Down to 180. 3 lbs to go and I will hit 100lbs gone!!! Am actually able to squeeze into most of the 12's that I try on! In fact, one of my co-workers just gave me a big bag of shorts and capris, all jeans, all 12's that ALL fit!! And 10 years ago, she was tiny and I was fat, now I am wearing things that she can't!!!! YEA!!! What a feeling! Never thought I would move below 200, but the last 20 have come off slowly but surely. Now I think I am stuck here for a while. Seems to come off 5 lbs a month, and when I loose it, it is all at once. How strange!!

Heartburn is a little better, but still wakes me up gagging sometimes at night. Pepcid and Rolaids have become my best friends again!!

One more thing, at night, when I lie on my side, my knees knock together and I have to re-adjust. What a thrill!!!!!!!!

I love my band... PB'ing, sliming, and every other bad thing that comes along with it, it is still one of the best things that I have ever done for my self!!!!! Here's to everyone reaching goal in year two!!!

Hey guys, I was banded June 27th 2006.

Here's a before and after photo.

More work in progress...

jabbathehutsu9.jpg

l_a6c7b10db0b1603ede49d06130794bf9.jpg

Anyways, extreme reflux, feeling a bit weak, but still happy to be banded. Hope everyone else is having a better time....

Wow what a change!!!!!! You look amazing.

I've heard of Frisco. The meeting is September 15th. I'll look for hotels in that area. That sounds like fun.

You had quite a scare Mamma. Glad your son is OK. Sometimes they surprise us with their maturity and what they can do without us. Give him a little rope and see what he does. :)

Hi Ladies! Well LeeceLove70 is back and her to stay ! I finally was able to send a private message to Alexandra one of the adminstrators here on th site and explain that I could no longer login as LeeceLove70 which was my orginal user name when I joined back in October 0f 2006. I also told her that I had rejoined under under another user name on my other Aol account and had been using Lisa170 for a few months since I was locked out of using LeeceLove70.

She was extremely nice and will try to link all the post from both user names and deleted Lisa1670 on my request and gave me back LeecLove70 once again !

So ladies Iam back to normal !--lol

I had a pretty good weekend :

We took our son to see " UnderDog" and it was so cute! He loved it so much and the dogs in the movie are just so lovable!

Then we bought him Leapster Tv as a graduation from Pre-K gift but the dam thing did nto work on our tv after we tried for three hours hooked it up and unhooking it up . I think we might have gotten a defective one at Target and we are taking it back and instead buying him a BigWheel!

He saw a cute Harley Davidson BigWheel at ToysRUS that he liked and so we are going to get him that instead and a cartidge for his handheld portable Leapster game.

He leaves for San Francisco with my Mom to visit my brother on Friday afternoon and he is so excited . It will be his first time ever on a plane ( they are taking Jet Blue)!

I hope that everyone has a great week !

Its so good to be back as LeecLove70 but Iam will always be Lisa to you all!

Lisa

Yeah I work up right next to Frisco, it is a nice area. It's about an hour from where poodles and I live but we can ride together and make it a road trip. Of course it's not near as far as the rest of you guys coming here, lol. So is everyone alright with Mexican food? Or do we want something else, there is just about everything in Frisco....

Or we can just shop during the day and decide where to go later, that shouldn't be a problem since there will only be about 6 of us so far. Whatcha think?

It sounds like fun. I will probably come up on Friday so we'll have all day Saturday to shop and visit and eat. :) PinkyLee is in Michigan right now, but I'm sure she will be game for that. If we can find a good sports bar for Barbara12 maybe we can talk her into coming.

Eating too much since my unfill. DH's son is in town for a visit and we've hit all the good restaurants. Leaves tomorrow and I'll have a few days before we leave for Charlotte and the wedding. Got to stop eating and get back in control.

didn't mean we would go to sport's bar. just wanted to give barbara a chance to come and still watch her football game. she could met us after the game.

nails still wet so typing with tips.

Hey everyone!

Just popping in to say hello. I've been crazy busy with work. I can't complain though.

Croatica --thanks for sharing the pics...you look great!

Mommatrammell --sorry to hear of your son's accident. I hope that he's doing well. I will keep him in my prayers.

Barb465 --sounds like your doing much better after your unfill. I'm glad to hear that your not having problems anymore.

Well --on my quick lunch break and off to have my MRI of my ankle. I should find out the real damage by the end of next week. I hope I don't have to have surgery.

Talk to you all later.

Melissa Lea

Mexican is fine with me. I have been doing better with my .2 removed. Still way tight in the morning, but able to tolerate different temperatures better. Have not stepped on the scale to see how that is going, but I have noticed my "skinny" pants are working. Just in time for school to start. :love:

Hi! Good to hear everyone is at least "stable". Back from Michigan in time to plan next weeks trip "back to Michigan".

Please pray for our house to sell. Several showings and another tonight. If you're bored, it's on arhouse.com at $155,000 on Wanetah Drive in Midland. I smile when I think of Wanetah. So many good memories. This is a great place and needs a new owner!

I am happy to still be under 190. Lisa, I'm going back to the old rules too. No Snacks is the biggy for me. No exercise last week, but I worked enough to burn some major calories. Saw a lower number, but we'll see.

I did get frustrated yesterday and drank a 7-up (to unclog)very slowly. It worked, but I got on the junk food way too much. Wasn't fun at all, so I plan to remember that new study in Great Brittain. Our bodies react to Junk food (any empty calorie food) the same way (chemically) it reacts to opium! No wonder "one" is never enough.

I'm really tight most of the time, but I still can eat almost anything. It's just not comfortable. The only foods I can eat without a little discomfort are Cookies and chips and of all things, cherry tomatoes. Go figure.

I have found that I can eat most any ripe fruit/veggies lately. Sprouts has wonderful prices, so I have been trying everything. Peaches, plums, pears, avacado, strawberries, kiwis, neches, blueberries, and even well chewed grapes. I am also happy to report that dried bananas work great at night. Satisfys that need for crunch. Now, I know we are suppose to do Protein first, but nothing beats a fresh ripe peach. :love: